Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Clean Beauty
|

The Best of Clean Beauty: What Are Your Faves?

What are your favorite  v=clean beauty products.png

Clean beauty has taken off in a big way and, in the last couple of years, we have watched clean beauty grow and expand across all beauty categories, including skincare, haircare, fragrance, and makeup. There are so many different options to choose from, especially with the launch of Clean at Sephora, which is our stamp of recognition for products formulated without specific ingredients. 

To read exactly what Clean at Sephora means, open the spoiler below. 

Spoiler
Clean at Sephora skincare, haircare, and makeup products are made without:
Sulfates SLS and SLES, parabens, formaldehydes, formaldehyde-releasing agents, phthalates, mineral oil, retinyl palmitate, oxybenzone, coal tar, hydroquinone, triclosan, triclocarban. All skincare, hair, and makeup brands with the Clean Seal have less than one percent of synthetic fragrances.

Clean at Sephora Fragrances are formulated without: Sulfates SLS and SLES, parabens , formaldehydes, formaldehyde-releasing agents, phthalates, mineral oil, retinyl palmitate, oxybenzone, coal tar, hydroquinone, triclosan , triclocarban, PTFE/PFOA, styrene, polyacrylamide/acrylamide, acetaldehyde, acetonitrile, methylene chloride, animal fats, oils, and musks, benzalkonium chloride, toluene, resorcinol, acetone, butoxyethanol, ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid, methyl cellosolve, methylisothiazolinone/ methylchloroisothiazolinone, mercury and mercury compounds (thimerosal), bisphenol A(BPA).

On to the fun! We are starting this thread to serve as a clean beauty hub. We want to hear YOUR opinions and testimonials on your top choices in clean beauty. What are your favorite clean beauty products? Leave a comment below to share!

Re: The Best of Clean Beauty: What Are Your Faves?

Some of my favorites are the Tatcha The Water Cream Oil-Free Pore Minimizing Moisturizer 1.7 oz / 50 mL(& pretty much anything Tatcha), REN Clean Skincare Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask 1.7 oz/ 50 mL, and Briogeo Scalp Revival Charcoal + Coconut Oil Micro-exfoliating Scalp Scrub Shampoo 8 oz/ 236 mL 😊

Today I just picked up the new SEPHORA FAVORITES - Clean Skin and Hair Set so I have a whole bunch of new Clean Beauty products to try out!!! ❤️ looking at everyone's faves

Everything by Drunk Elephant. I switched my skincare over to their products this past year and haven't looked back! 🙂 

Just like @marydiva, Bite was the first clean brand I remember being introduced to. I was 21, working at Sephora, and a brand rep came in and everything she said just clicked with me. At 26, I've since went vegeterian (leaning towards Vegan) and ingredients are super important to me. Farmacy, Youth to the People, Herbivore and Pureology are also brands that I gravitate towards. I'm still working on switching my color routine over, I'm still into the "fun" brands but as long as it's cruelty free I can usually get on board.

@Nickelliebear1 ...your story sounds like mine. (Never worked in Sephora though, which is probably a good thing for my wallet.) I started with skincare and have since worked really hard to move over to clean makeup.

One brand I was super hesitant about but am actually in love with is ILIA. Their cream blushes, bronzer, and highlighter are honestly amazing. Love the mascara too (and I am suuuuuper picky).

I am now patiently (and not so patiently) working on finishing up other makeup sets so I can switch everything over. I have yet to try Lilah B, but that line looks great too. RMS is hit or miss with me, but their new powder blushes look intriguing...

RMS beauty is my fav makeup brand. Amazing cream products for aging skinthat nourish the skin. Also like some Origins, Josie, Kora, Kopari, and Tata products. I still find you really need to know your and read ingredients...like most brands have some products that are green and others have super long ingredient lists. Wish Sephora carried Sundari too. So glad Sephora has expanded this area. There's a super cute set Sephora Collection just released that has a rollerball with funnel that is filled with rose quartz that you can add your oils to.

I fell in love with Briogeo's haircare line and I've seen a huge difference in the way my hair feels. My favorite products have to be the Briogeo Scalp Revival Charcoal + Coconut Oil Micro-exfoliating Scalp Scrub Shampoo 8 oz/ 236 mLand the BRIOGEO - B. Well Organic + Cold-Pressed 100% Castor Oil.I also looove the Olaplex No. 3 Hair Repair Perfector 3.3 oz / 100 mL it's my go-to hair treatment and totally worth the splurge.

For makeup I'm obsessed with Cover Fx and for skincare I enjoy Ole Henriksen, Indie Lee, Origins and Omorovicza. Plus, my ultimate favorite body bronzer Vita Liberata Body Blur also has the Sephora Clean seal (can't seem to tag it for some reason).

I have been loving for several months Rahua beauty hair products. Rahua Voluminous Shampoo 9.3 oz . They have natural ingredients and works perfectly on my fine hair. It doesnt lather  but it feels clean after I have rinsed. It amazes me how much body and shine it gives my hair after drying. It's great! 🙂 Got this in a Play box and purchased the full size as soon as I was done. 

Other clean brands I love are Drunk Elephant and Biossance of course 🙂 Staples for those brands are the  BIOSSANCE - Squalane + Probiotic Gel Moisturizer and Drunk Elephant B-Hydra™ Intensive Hydration Serum with Hyaluronic Acid 1.69 oz/ 50 mL 

I am a HUGE K-beauty fan so I am really glad I can get some of my favorites from sephora. Big fan of Glow Recipe, Kopari, Farmacy, Bite, Coola

GLOW RECIPE - Watermelon Pink Juice Oil-Free MoisturizerGLOW RECIPE - Watermelon + AHA Glow Sleeping Mask Glow Recipe Pineapple Vitamin C Serum 1 oz/ 30 mLKOPARI - Coconut Deodorant

Growing up, I was a Bite Beauty addict! I think having "clean" beauty products for your lips is especially important, especially when you think about how much of our lip products end up getting transferred onto our food and drinks and ultimately end up being ingested. 

The older I get, the more I recognize the importance of clean beauty products for my skin and hair care routines. I have sensitive, inflammation prone skin, and so it's important that I know exactly what ingredients I am putting into and on my body. 

Some of my favorite clean beauty superstars are: 

1. Farmacy's Green Clean Makeup Cleansing Balm: Ya'll, I could RAVE about this cleanser all day. It smells sooooo good, and just a little warmed up in my hands takes off my entire face of makeup, even stubborn eye makeup! Oil cleansing with makeup-blams like Farmacy's has been amazing for restoring my natural skin barrier to healthy levels, and I didn't realize what I was missing out on! I'm super happy that I got a sample of this in a Play box - I wouldn't have tried it otherwise and now it's one of my all time favorites. 

2. Origin's Refreshing Eye Cream to Brighten and Depuff: This has been a long time favorite of mine since I first promised myself I would try eye cream! I love how the caffeine depuffs my eyes (I have naturally hooded lids) and this eye cream brings down puffyness that makes a WORLD of difference for my eye makeup! You can actually see my eyelid, ya'll! It's a game changer. 

3. Glow Recipe Avocado Melt Sleeping Mask: My skin has never been so baby soft! I really, really love this sleeping mask. 

My favorites are Drunk Elephant, Farmacy, Volition beauty, Kora Organics, and Kopari😊

Some of my favorite clean beauty brands are Caudalie, Drunk Elephant, Bite Beauty, Supergoop!, Kora Organics, and By Rosie Jane. I haven’t had much of a chance to dive in to some of the newer clean brands Sephora is carrying, but I’m interested in trying some of the makeup products! 

@KatieBT  I love the idea for this thread! Here are some of the clean products from Sephora that I have been currently using and am enjoying.

cleanpic.jpg

Herbivore Emerald Hemp Seed Deep Moisture Glow Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL

Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacial™ AHA + BHA Mask 1.69 oz/ 50 mL

BRIOGEO - B. Well Organic + Cold-Pressed 100% Castor Oil

PHLUR - Siano Eau de Parfum

Youth To The People Adaptogen Deep Moisturizing Cream with Ashwagandha + Reishi 2 oz/ 60 mL

DRUNK ELEPHANT - A-Passioni™ Retinol Cream

Drunk Elephant Virgin Marula Luxury  Face Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL

DRUNK ELEPHANT - T.L.C. Framboos™ Glycolic Resurfacing Night Serum

COOLA Sun Silk Face Sunscreen Drops with SPF 30 and Hyaluronic Acid 1 oz / 30 mL

A lot of my favorite skincare brands have the "clean" label, like Tatcha; Youth to the People; Glow Recipe; Farmacy; and Drunk Elephant.

I have also really been enjoying perfumes from Clean Reserve. 

I've been loving RMS products the last couple of years, particularly RMS BEAUTY - Lip2Cheekand the highlighters. I've also been wanting to check out more products from Ilia, since I also really like ILIA - Multi-Stick.

I'm fairly happy with my skincare routine and haven't tried many of the clean beauty brands, but I do love Farmacy Dew It All Total Eye Cream 0.5 oz/ 15 mL.

Edit: totally forgot to mention one of my favorite skincare products ever. Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacial™ AHA + BHA Mask 1.69 oz/ 50 mL. The stuff is pure magic. 

RMS Living Luminizers are the best for a natural dewy glow. I love all the shades. <333

Some of my favorites brands are Omorovicza, Mahalo, Odacite, Intelligent Nutrients and The Body Deli.

I LOVE Lavanila vanilla + water for peace deodorant but Sephora seems to be phasing out the brand... there's barely anything left. I also love Consonant HydrExtreme (HG) and Farmacy Coconut Gel Sheet Mask - Hydrating 0.78 oz/ 23 mL  I'm sure there is plenty more but can't think of them at the moment. 😄

oh no, really!? 😞 well thankfully ulta has them... 😉

I’m finding the definition of Clean Beauty a bit confusing. I feel like “Formaldehyde Releasing agents” was just thrown in there to take up space. Sephora carries absolutely nothing that would fall into this category. There are plenty of ingredients that when HEATED convert to a formaldehyde gas, while THOSE ingredient may be present in some products carried by Sephora, their purpose is in cosmetic nature. Formaldehyde releasing agents are actually banned in Canada anyway and really only found in Keratin Smoothing treatments in some US states. Hence my confusion. Unless this occurs in the manufacturing process of cosmetics and not the post consumer, then I understand. 

@KatieBT mine are from Origins and Tatcha

yayyyy!  this is mostly what I use anyway. 😛

my fave brands are andalou naturals, dermae, mychelle, pacifica, alba...

I like to wash my hair with baking soda, rinse w/vinegar, and add a lil coconut oil.

I like ellis brooklyn perfumes, and lavanila is also a nice brand (I've been wanting to try their deodorant and body wash), but I'm not sure why they're not in the clean perfume section, since it's clearly labeled clean.

testing