Bumble and bumble Surf Styling Leave In 5 oz/ 150 mL

LANEIGE - Lip Glowy Balm

LILLY LASHES - Lilly Lashes Lite Mink

SEPHORA COLLECTION Rouge Lacquer Long-Lasting Lipstick 12 Be The Boss

Verb Ghost Hair Mask™ 6.3 oz/ 180 g

SEPHORA COLLECTION - Masks

20190504_172051.jpg

Re: Thank you! Sephora Gratis

Congratulations again on receiving this Gratis, @quspork !  I'm looking forward to more of your reviews.

congrats @quspork so much fun!!

congrats @quspork so much fun!!

Thanks for the reviews @quspork 

Congrats on the gratis - I love the Laneige balm!

So far I've only tried the Bite night time  lip. Under the lid, is a plastic topper and mini spoon. Just need a tiny bit of product. It feels thicker at first, not the same as their original mask. By morning it did soak in. The mask, for me, was also still thick hours later. Also tried the night time, during the day, it left a little shine and also soaked in. It leaves a slight barrier feeling. Scent, noticeable at first. From the box 'chamomile-bergamont dream scent'.  Also mentions 'balm to oil' it's not a slippery oil, if any..but I'm dehydrated in the desert.

Here's what I've tried so far:

- B&B Style Cream:  Wow!  Very impressed.  I have fine, curly, wavy hair, that is more curly now that the humidity has returned.  I scrunched about a quarter size dollop in not quite shoulder length hair that I let air dry to almost damp.  It really brought out and defined curls I didn't even know I had!  I really like Deva Curl Wave Maker and B'Leave In, but this is right up there (I've only used it twice).  It's lightweight and doesn't leave your hair hard and crunchy even with hairspray.  My curls remained styled and defined EVEN THE NEXT DAY.  I wash my hair every other day, so the next day, I did a light finger comb and then misted water in my hair and scrunched.  My curls looked just has good as the day before.  This is actually better than the Deva Curl products on day 2. @Loretta55 

- Verb Ghost Mask:  I used this deep conditioner today.  My hair has been needing a deep conditioner for quite some time, so this came at a great time.  It left my hair feeling soft and hydrated.  However, the product had an odd feel too it.  It felt OK going on, but it felt like liquid plastic when rinsing it from my hair.  It took a bit of work.  Maybe I used too much or it's just too heavy for my fine hair.  Even with the B&B Cream, my hair seemed weighed down today (I washed with the Christophe Robin Sea Salt Scrub).  I'll try it again in a couple of weeks, but use less product to see if that was the problem.  I want to give this mask a chance since I rotate Verb Ghost Shampoo and Conditioner with other shampoos and conditioners and Verb Ghost Oil.  At this point, compared to my favorite deep conditioner, Briogio Repair, Don't Dispair, it doesn't come close.

- Sephora Rouge Lip Lacquer:  I don't know what color I received.  I cannot read the small print on the bottom of the tube.  The color on the top of the cap appears to be the same color as the one @TrysBeautyItems received.  I can say it matched the color of my lips perfectly!  It's billed as "a high-shine, super pigmented lacquer lipstick with a balm-like texture."  I would say it's shear to semi-shear lipstick with good color, what I would call a modest shine (I don't like shine, but this is a shine I would wear), and it definitely felt balm-like (I liked this texture).  Unfortunately, it lasted maybe 2 hrs at best and that was without eating or drinking.  I do have VERY DRY lips, so maybe that played into the short wear time.  Next time I wear this lipstick, I will wear it over another lipstick to see if it will last longer, while trying to capitalize on the balm quality of the lipstick.

@Titian06 ,

It's great that the B & B Style Cream is a hit for you.  I appreciate your thoughtful reviews.

@Titian06 

The Verb mask you received has different properties then your favourite Briogio mask. 

They are meant to do two different things. I would give Verb another shot but use less as you said, we don’t always need to feel that ‘slip’ to know a conditioner/mask is working. Congrats on the gratis! 

Thanks, @GG84!  I'm definitely going to continue to use the Verb hair mask.  New products can take a while before I find the right amount to use.  I compared to Briogio because I know a lot of people of tried this product--I was thinking about the feel vs. the purpose (couldn't you read my mind 😄 )

@Titian06 does the lip lacquer have any noticeable taste/scent?

@CookieGirl1 - Yes, there is a scent.  I'd call it moderately strong, but doesn't last too long.  The scent isn't familiar to me, so I'm unable to describe it.  It may be an oil used.

@Titian06 is it a chemical scent or a perfume/floral/sweet scent? These aren't in my SIJCP so I haven't been able to see them for myself. 

@CookieGirl1 - It smells like chemicals to me.  I put some on my lips so I could answer your question.  The scent is moderately strong.  If you're sensitive to scents in lip products, especially if they fall on the chemical side as opposed to the floral or sweet side, you may want to avoid this lipstick.

@Titian06 thanks, that's what I needed to know.  I really hate a strong chemical scent in lip products so I can definitely remove this from my "loves" list. 

Thanks for the reviews @Titian06. This definitely makes me want to try the bumble and bumble! 🙂

Thank you for the review @Titian06. I just tried the B &B Don’t Blow it Thick styler yesterday and I am pleasantly by the results. They are very similar to the Devacurl Volumizing  Mousse that I massage in my roots for additional lift followed by Wavemaker then the Ultra Styling Gel. My hair is thick and wavy/swavy. Unfortunately it takes between 4 - 8 hours for my hair to dry completely. Since using the Aquis Turban I feel that I took an hour off my dry time.

@Titian06 On the very bottom of the Sephora lip, it's just the color number, in a circle, instead of name..yes I can see it lol The sticker on mine says it's L15 Not Your Baby. Maybe we all received the same.

@TrysBeautyItems - I got out the magnifying glass.  It does say L15 on the bottom.  Thanks!

Congratulations on your gratis! Those look like excellent items! I can’t wait to hear about the hair mask.

@TrysBeautyItems I too received this lovely gratisl of free items from Sephora for review. I'll be reporting back with my reviews. Everything was wrapped so beautifully and I'm really excited. Thanks @TeamBIC for including me in this. I already  wanted to the Bite sleep mask and the lipstick. My hair could use a little TLC so looking forward to the Verb hair mask.20190507_181538.jpg

20190507_182127.jpg

Congratulations, @sprocketta!

12 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos9
  • 20190504_172051.jpg
  • IMG_20190508_150855.jpg
  • IMG_20190508_151213.jpg
  • IMG_20190508_152511.jpg
  • Top: Laneige Balm in Berry, Second: Bite Nighttime Lip Therapy, Third: Sephora Collection Rouge Lacquer in 15 Not your Baby, Bottom: Sephora Collection Oat Muesli Mask
  • 20190507_181538.jpg
  • 20190507_182127.jpg
  • 20190523_141249.jpg
  • 20190523_141259.jpg
testing