Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Thank you Sephora, Briogeo, Dior, Kerastase, Murad Gratis!!!

Oh my goodness gracious!!! I am just really overwhelmed by the generosity of @SephoraBIC@TeamBIC@briogeo, @DiorBeaute@Kerastase, and @DrMurad! Thank you for this amazing gratis! My hands are literally shaking as I type this post. Wow! So many of these beauties have been in my cart or on my loves lists and now I can try them! My heart is just so full and humbled by this goodness. Thank you!! ❤️ ❤️

IMG_8496.JPGIMG_8503.JPG

Planning on using a couple of these beauties tonight and will be back to post my initial thoughts on them here. 🙂 Thank you again!

ETA: first impressions...

Briogeo Superfoods Banana + Coconut Nourishing Shampoo + Conditioner Duo for Dry Hair

Spoiler

KéRASTASE - Nutritive 8H Magic Night Serum

Spoiler

SEPHORA COLLECTION - Exfoliating Wipes - Bamboo - Matifying

Spoiler

Re: Thank you Sephora, Briogeo, Dior, Kerastase, Murad Gratis!!!

SEPHORA COLLECTION - Brow: Uncomplicated Tool Set

This would be perfect for the person with some unruly brows who want to get controll!  Perfect for the person who doesn't have brow tools yet. Everything is right here. I wish I would have had this before I started getting into doing my brows more.  A nice brow makes a person look more pulled together, in my eyes. Even if it is just brow grooming and not filling them in. I have found myself reaching for the spoolie especially when the spoolie on my Anastasia Brow Whiz broke off.  It is super important to have a good spoolie on hand if you do your brows.  

Since I barely have brows and rarely pluck any unruly ones, I found myself testing out the brow brushes and they are great. And I've also used the scissors for cutting my masks.  See?  All-purpose set.  Want a set for travel for those who have brow tools already? This. 

My brows feel pampered knowing they have a whole set of tools just for them.

SEPHORA COLLECTION - Exfoliating Wipes - Bamboo - Matifying

I was really looking forward to trying these wipes out!  Mattifying in the summer is just what I need, and with the price point! In my experience I find wipes a little rough, and this was no exception.  However, this has one side that has rough nodules on it, which can work for elbows or exfoliating other body parts. The exfoliating side was too rough for my face.  The bamboo wipes have a wonderful smell- top-notch! I don't find the wipes very mattifying, in fact they leave a little film on my face. They are also a little tingly on my face, fyi. If you have oily skin and are looking for a mattifying wipe, this will not be your wipe. I bet other Sephora wipes are quite nice though and more delicate on skin.

So glad you love! xx

Took the SEPHORA COLLECTION - Brow: Uncomplicated Tool Set with me to a recent conference. I have a few brow tools that I keep on top of my vanity and those would be my go to, but I found this set to be super handy for travel – the tools did a nice job with caring for my brows and for other useful purposes! 🙂 

IMG_E8723.JPG

The set includes –

Scissors – these are good scissors – sharp; have a good weight to them without being heavy; and fit nicely in my fingers. These would work well with the Spoolie that comes in the set as well for trimming my brows. On this trip, they came in handy for helping me tailor a handful of sheet masks to fit around my facial features better!

Angled tweezer – these were pretty good; I prefer my Tweezermans but in a pinch these would work just fine. It’s never a bad thing to have a pair of tweezers on you.

Brow Razor – I don’t trust myself to use a brow razor on my brows – I could see myself making a mistake and well, they’re my brows so I’m not going to risk that! LOL! I actually used this to shave off some light hairs around my brow and eye area before using a peel off mask and it worked quite well. There’s a mini comb attached to it that I used to help separate my lashes.

Angled brow brush – I tend to use brow gels most of, if not all, the time so the angled brow brush probably wouldn’t get much use for that purpose, but I could see myself making use of it to apply eyeliner.

Concealer brush – this doubled for me as a concealer brush for my brows and face and after wiping it clean, to apply a wash of shadow on my lids – I inadvertently left my eye shadow brush at home so this brush came to my rescue.

This set is geared towards brow care and maintenance and I can see the tools working well for many folks. I really only use a few tools when it comes to my brows, and prefer using what I have, but I really like that the tools in this set can perform more than one task and that they are all in one set – it makes it simpler to pack for trips, which is probably how I'll use it. I also think this would be a good set to keep in one of desk drawers - the more I think about that, the more inclined I am to bring this to work with me on Monday. 😉 

@itsfi ,

Great review!  It's really nice to have all of these tools together in a set!  Very practical and useful.  I'm always happy to have good scissors.  🙂  I'm very pleased that Sephora gave us this set! (I don't think that I will be using the razor on my brows- outside my comfort zone!)

Such a great set, right @tsavorite?! The scissors are wonderful and I completely agree - love having all these goodies in one set; it was so nice to have received the set in the gratis. 

@itsfi this set looks amazing. Thank you for sharing 

@SportyGirly125, the set is one of those things I probably would not have picked up for myself so I'm so happy and grateful to have a chance to try out the set and the items in it. Love the functionality of the tools in the set. 🙂

I’m glad that you’re enjoying the brow set @itsfi ! I would be also hesitant to use the brow razor to shave my eyebrows, I prefer using a slanted tweezer. 

@keana1, this one is turning out to be a nice functional set for me - for brows and other purposes. 🙂 Yeah, I'll stick to tweezers for my brows; I'm less likely to botch things up that way. lol.

I’m sure that I’ll end up with a cut on one of my eyelids @itsfi !

Congratulations @itsfi ! Love your gratis! The Dior palette is gorgeous! Enjoy! 🤩

Thank you @keana1! 🤗 The palette is really pretty; I’m learning and experimenting with the best way to use the different shades. 💕

The eyeshadow colors are perfect daytime use, keep playing with it @itsfi, I know that you’ll look great ! 🤩

Thank you Sephora, Briogeo, Dior, Kerastase, Murad Gratis!!!

Congratulations 😊 @itsfi !

Thank you @saravbr! It’s been a lot of fun trying out this generous gratis! 🥰

👍🔝👍🔝👍🔝🤗

👍🔝👍🔝👍🔝🤗

I've had a couple of play sessions with the Dior palette now, so I can give a little feedback on it! 

Top to bottom: gold strobe, pink gold strobe, peach, bronzeTop to bottom: gold strobe, pink gold strobe, peach, bronze

The bronze shade surprised me in that it's loaded with pink glitter. It wasn't noticeable in the pan, but once applied, it stands out. The top two pans are labeled strobes, and they are pretty glittery as well. The bottom left, peach, is the smoothest of the bunch; it seems to have a small touch of super fine micro glitter once sheered out, but I wouldn't call it glittery, not like the rest.

Both play sessions have been no-makeup days; last night was just a quick base of loose powder, and today's base is sunscreen+powder. I used the bronze as eyeshadow, and while I'm starting to understand the appeal of something super easy like that, I feel like this particular bronze pulls a bit too yellow on me, and I just wind up looking sallow, so I softened it up with a bit of the peach over top. Peach is also my highlighter, and the top right (pink gold strobe) is my inner corner/browbone highlight. I tried peach as a blush last night, but it's not pigmented enough for that; it just sheers out to a pale shimmer, so I just added a strobe over it and went with glitter cheeks instead 😋

All in all, I think you'd have to be a glitter fan to pick this one up. The peach is a really nice shimmer, it can be subtle, but buildable, but maybe not all the way to blinding. The other three definitely fall into glitter territory (which I'm never opposed to ), but I know that's not everyone's cup of tea.

My camera ain't the best at picking up shiny stuff (and IRL I tried hard to cake it on more than usual in an attempt to get it to show lol) so a picture seems silly, but I'll post anyways 😂

IMG_20190712_140439941.jpg

@RGbrown ,

I love your swatches!  Thank you!

Thank you @tsavorite!

testing