Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Thank you Sephora, Briogeo, Dior, Kerastase, Murad Gratis!!!

Oh my goodness gracious!!! I am just really overwhelmed by the generosity of @SephoraBIC@TeamBIC@briogeo, @DiorBeaute@Kerastase, and @DrMurad! Thank you for this amazing gratis! My hands are literally shaking as I type this post. Wow! So many of these beauties have been in my cart or on my loves lists and now I can try them! My heart is just so full and humbled by this goodness. Thank you!! ❤️ ❤️

IMG_8496.JPGIMG_8503.JPG

Planning on using a couple of these beauties tonight and will be back to post my initial thoughts on them here. 🙂 Thank you again!

ETA: first impressions...

Briogeo Superfoods Banana + Coconut Nourishing Shampoo + Conditioner Duo for Dry Hair

Spoiler

KéRASTASE - Nutritive 8H Magic Night Serum

Spoiler

SEPHORA COLLECTION - Exfoliating Wipes - Bamboo - Matifying

Spoiler

Re: Thank you Sephora, Briogeo, Dior, Kerastase, Murad Gratis!!!

Awww, thank you @Asche! 🥰 @TeamBIC is very generous with their gratis. 💗

@itsfi  So happy for you!! This is such an amazing gratis package. @TeamBIC  and  @SephoraBIC  really hit it out of the park with this one!! 

Enjoy all your goodies!!  😊 💚 🍌

Awww! 🥰 Thank you @PinkEvergreen@SephoraBIC and @TeamBIC are so generous and thoughtful; am loving this gratis!

I am so grateful to say that I received this box today! Every time I get an unexpected package from @TeamBIC, I am simply floored by the generosity of Sephora. I mean, yeah I know it's a marketing push, but this is really the only "giveaway program" I know of that has so few regulations...I'm not required to jump through hoops to earn this, and I'm not forced to leave dozens of reviews across multiple sites, and I don't have to have multiple social media accounts. All I have to do is something I do every day anyways...chat on BIC 😄 As a social-media-phobe, I really appreciate the opportunity BIC gives active members to get a few items here and there to test out without all of the hassle and pressure and hoops. THANK YOU so very much to the BIC staff and Sephora (and Murad and Kerastase and Briogeo and Dior!) for this generous box!

I'll come back with full reviews for everything as I get a better idea of how it works for me, but in the mean time, I've put some initial thoughts in spoilers down below 🙂

IMG_20190710_132453114_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190710_133235554_HDR.jpg

Briogeo Be Gentle, Be Kind Banana + Coconut Nourishing Superfood Shampoo + Conditioner

Spoiler
I've always had oily hair, and grew up being told that all I could/should use was clarifying shampoo (and no conditioner 😮 ); it wasn't until my 30's that I decided that this advice was utter bologna and started branching out. I went big on volumizing formulas for years until I decided they did nothing but dry my hair out, and that the "volume" was really just frizz. I'm gravitating towards nourishing/moisturizing/dry hair products these days, and find that many don't aggravate my oily roots like I had always assumed they would. I'm still on a quest to find my faves, and this has potential to be a contender, so I'm stoked to get to try it! I ripped the seals off as soon as I opened them, a little excited, but mostly nervous...faux banana scent scares me greatly; it's something I generally avoid and I was worried I would hate it. But, I am pleased to report that these are pleasantly scented, not too sweet...the coconut gives it a creaminess that tones the sugariness down and keeps it from being garish; I'd equate it to a banana cream pie (yum, now I'm hungry). I can't wait to test these!

Dior Backstage Glow Face Palette (002 Glitz)

Spoiler
This is my first fancy-brand highlighter, which is quite exciting to me, and I am extremely grateful to have received it. The colors are gorgeous, but given the option, this is not the color story I would have picked for myself. However, I'm still looking forward to playing with it a bit! Maybe the colors will look better on me than I thought they would, and perhaps it'll be a way to broaden the colors I normally gravitate towards 🙂

Kerastase Nutritive 8H Magic Night Serum

Spoiler
I swear my hair gets frizzier every day, even with products that used to tame it. My hair is oily at the roots, but dry at the ends, and it's fine and thinning...it's tough to find something that controls the dry and frizz without weighing it down or making it look oily. I am looking forward to testing this out ASAP!

Murad InvisiScar Resurfacing Treatment

Spoiler
Reading the ingredients, this looks like a nice Vitamin C serum, with a couple acids and some BHA thrown in, and I think I will use it as such. My current vitamin C is slimy/greasy and not very pleasing, so I don't mind bumping it to start this out soon.

Sephora Brow Uncomplicated Tool Set

Spoiler
This made me a giggle a bit, as I actually find it quite complicated compared to my current routine (I fill in with eyeshadow using a somewhat fluffy/imprecise angled brush...and that's it 😛 ). The brushes look nice, and having tweezers, a brow razor, and scissors along with them all in a carrying case is super handy for travelers and folks on the go, but this set is way over the top for me, and I think I'll be gifting it to someone that can get more use out of it.

Sephora Exfoliating Wipes (Bamboo)

Spoiler
I don't generally use wipes on my face, but I think I'll put these near the basement door (oooh, or maybe in the mini fridge out there!); they'll be handy on yard work days or other times when I need a quick refresh after being outside. 🙂

Congratulations @RGbrown ! Enjoy 😉!

@keana1 

Thanks so much! ❣️

congrats 😊 @RGbrow !

congrats 😊 @RGbrow !

Re: congrats 😊 @RGbrow !

Thanks @saravbr! ❤️

congrats @RGbrown can't wait to read your reviews!!

Thanks @Kim888!

Yay! Congratulations @RGbrown . So many lovely new products to try. 

Thanks @PrettyPaint!

@RGbrown,  you said it perfectly, loved the read!  Big Congrats!  I like your initial views, look forward to your reviews!

@byme4u 

Thanks so much! 

Congrats @RGbrown What's your current vit C that you don't like?

@sprocketta 

I'm currently using The Ordinary 23% + 2% HA. I had read reviews that said it was gritty, and my mind immediately went to the PC 25% Vitamin C that is also gritty, but really thick, and I was prepared for that, ok with it even. But it's not thick at all...it's a thin, slimy lotion texture that just makes me cringe every night. I don't notice any grit at all, but it has that same hot dog water scent that the Skinceuticals vitamin C has, which is definitely another con. I guess that's the normal scent of ascorbic acid, and I totally get that added fragrance is bad, but it's so hard to get motivated to use something with stinky ingredients. 🤨

Totally understood @RGbrown I'm trying this product as well so it should be interesting to see the comparison of how we like it.

Congratulations @RGbrown!

Thanks @faeriegirl!

Congrats, @RGbrown! This looks like a great set of items to play around with!

Thanks @quspork! It's definitely a nice set! 

testing