Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

SPOILER: It's Olaplex! (Testing Top Secret Hair Newness)

UPDATE: Reveal time! We were testing Olaplex's newest launches No. 4 and No. 5 Shampoo and Conditioner.

Hey BIC!

There is a seriously exciting new hair launch coming up next month so you know that we had to get our hands on the newness so we could report back to you. We cannot tell you which brand this is coming from BUT we can tell you that we are trying a new shampoo and conditioner and will confirm what the product is as soon as we are allowed 🙂 Until then we wanted to test it out and let you know our thoughts. 

So many of you may (or may not) be surprised to hear that I shampoo my hair once or maybe twice a week at most. (Dry shampoo is my best friend!) When I do wash my hair I am very picky about the shampoo I use as I am usually left with a ton of extra frizz whenever I shampoo my hair. My hair is very long, dry and I have wavy/curly hair.

Shampoo: I was nervous to try a new shampoo but once I started massaging this formula into my hear I was instantly relaxed by the luxe formula… I felt like one of those girls in a shampoo commercial giving themselves an overly-enthusiastic head massage! This product feels so silky and lush going through my hair and a little goes a long way. At one point I thought I needed to add a little more product bit instead just added more water and the product spread evenly. The shampoo bottle isn’t very large but if I need to use less shampoo I still consider this a good value. I’ll continue to test and keep you updated on this!

Conditioner: WOW this formula is also a treat! My hair is long, dry and super tangly so I tend to agonize over having to brush through my hair. I was truly shocked at how silky this made my hair feel and how easy it was to brush my hair. I was able to easily brush through my curls and rinse out the product, saving a lot of shower time compared to products that require endless brushing and handfuls of conditioner.

So far the shampoo and conditioner both impressed me by easy of use, the delcicious scent and the luxe formulations. Being a curly girl I was very curious to see how my hair would dry... Frizz City? Smooth? Greasy? I’m always in for a surprise! 

Fast forward 1.5 hours and I was very impressed with how my hair dried! It was silky to the touch and there was hardly any frizz! On the left I had a little bit of bed head but you can see how dry my hair is compared to the photo on the right. 

Shampoo and Condition Test Day 1.jpg

@BrendaBT is also testing and will share her thoughts! (Spoiler: her hair has been looking fabulous!) We will both continue to try this out and let you know our thoughts. Can't wait for the big reveal!!

What is your in-shower hair routine? Let us know and don’t forget to share your hair types!

Re: Testing Top Secret Hair Newness

@sabrinas no I used product but I did use less Alterna CC Cream than usual. I don’t think it’s realistic for me to be frizz-free without some type of leave-in product or hair oil. Who knows, maybe one day!

Your hair is the epitome of beautiful beachy waves, @KatieBT!

My hair is very wavy and textured, but also fine. I've had a long, hard, road of straightening and blow drying; right now I am air-drying and using the Amika Brush which seems to be nicer 🙂 .

If this product makes my hair look like yours after air drying, then SIGN ME UP!!!

@scott1201 You are too kind, thank you!!

From the sounds of your routine I would HIGHLY recommend there products. They are meant to restore dryness, add shine and aid with hydration which is great for hair that’s heat styled. 

@KatieBT Your hair looks great!  

My hair type is as follows: VERY thick (I have a lot of hair, and each strand is thick), wavy (with fractal curls in front), dry, and very frizz-prone.  It is also halfway down my  back (yes, I need a hair cut!).  I am fortunate that I've found some amazing products to use in conjunction with my flat iron to have hair that gets compliments.  

Because of my hair type, I also wash 1-2 times a week thanks to dry shampoo.  I use Klorane Dry Shampoo (the non-aerosol kind).  I recently found a shampoo and conditioner that I am absolutely in love with.  I use Pureology Hydrate.  It is sulfate-free but it lathers so it is so easy to use.  I use the liter bottle with the pump b/c I find that less is more with this shampoo.  I work in sections: first the roots on the sides of my head, then the hair at the nape of my neck, then the front, then the lengths, then middle.  I love to use water to increase the lather so that I don't have to use as much product.  My hair is so much calmer with this shampoo - it's like night and day!

Next, I squeeze out a good amount of water, and apply conditioner.  I use Biolage Hydrasource Conditioning Balm.  The amount I use is about the size of two large grapes.  I let it sit while I shave and say a couple of prayers.  Then, I rinse it out.  I find that the key to knowing the right amount is that when you rinse it out, it should feel like you aren't rinsing oh-so-much off b/c the product can penetrated/absorbed even though I apply a lot.  I stop short of rinsing absolutely every little bit out.

When it's time to get out of the shower, I squeeze a little bit of water out - I never use a towel.  Then, it's time to apply all my serums, etc!

I love everything about this product. From the smell to how silky and soft it makes my hair. I have a lot of hair, it is really thick, flat, with some frizz, so I am always looking for new products that will give me some volume and make my hair look and feel healthy. I've only used it three times so far but WOW! You can really see a huge difference, I let my hair air dry and it looked nicely staright without the need of any hot tools. There was no frizz and I even got a lot of compliments on how shiny and full of volume my straight hair looked. I can't wait to keep on using it and take some pictures to show everyone.  

@KatieBT - Your hair looks great!  I have wavy/curly hair with a dry and itchy scalp (and the oft mentioned frizz).  I use an organic scalp treatment shampoo with tea tree oil and Shea Moisture Reconstructive (?) Conditioner along with Verb Ghost Oil.  I wash every other day and air dry.  I'm looking forward tho these new products!

RE: Testing Top Secret Hair Newness

I have the exact same issues and use Alterna caviar shampoo and Gloss Moderne conditioner which is a godsend. Very interested to see what this new brand is!

Re: RE: Testing Top Secret Hair Newness

@caway I haven't used the Caviar shampoo in a while but I remember this product feeling very luxe and making my hair feel like silk. Both products are very impressive and, dare I say, on the same level as far as luxury haircare is concerned 🙂 

RE: Re: RE: Testing Top Secret Hair Newness

A hair product like the Alterna Caviar Instant Recovery would be great as I have been using these products for many years Caviar and yes they are luxe!!

Testing Top Secret Hair Newness

You look great @KatieBT! I have wavy hair and always on the hunt to find THE perfect product..some are too sticky some too dry.. I am looking forward to this one since my hair is finally growing out but too crazy to manage lol

When can I find out what it is?  I have the same hair and issues and I need this 🙂

I was super excited to get this, but the conditioner made my hair look and feel like a haystack :(.  Has anyone found something like this that works?  @KatieBT  ?

@anniebragan

I would imagine it will be announced here sometime in the next month, so keep an eye on this thread ☺️

IMG_0148.JPG

IMG_0148.JPG

@KatieBT You look gorgeous! I’ve always wanted curly/wavy hair like yours. ❤️

You are adorable! And I 💗 your hair!!! My hair is shorter but with same issues. I have very thick hair and have to use a ton of everything, which I can’t stand! I’m excited to hear what this product is......enjoy!💋

Your hair looks great @KatieBT! Can't wait to know which brand this is! It's not Playa is it?

@KatieBT While not releasing the name of these new hair products, do you know if they will be available in Canada?

@keana1 yes it's coming to Canada as well 🙂

@KatieBT This is great news! Thank you so much 😊!

@KatieBT @BrendaBT I would also love to know if it with be available north of the boarder! There’s nothing quite like the excitment of trying a new product 😄

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos6
  • Shampoo and Condition Test Day 1.jpg
  • IMG_0148.JPG
  • IMG_0148.JPG
  • me with olaplex.JPG
  • olaplex 2.5.jpg
  • olaplex3.jpg
testing