Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

SPOILER: It's Olaplex! (Testing Top Secret Hair Newness)

UPDATE: Reveal time! We were testing Olaplex's newest launches No. 4 and No. 5 Shampoo and Conditioner.

Hey BIC!

There is a seriously exciting new hair launch coming up next month so you know that we had to get our hands on the newness so we could report back to you. We cannot tell you which brand this is coming from BUT we can tell you that we are trying a new shampoo and conditioner and will confirm what the product is as soon as we are allowed 🙂 Until then we wanted to test it out and let you know our thoughts. 

So many of you may (or may not) be surprised to hear that I shampoo my hair once or maybe twice a week at most. (Dry shampoo is my best friend!) When I do wash my hair I am very picky about the shampoo I use as I am usually left with a ton of extra frizz whenever I shampoo my hair. My hair is very long, dry and I have wavy/curly hair.

Shampoo: I was nervous to try a new shampoo but once I started massaging this formula into my hear I was instantly relaxed by the luxe formula… I felt like one of those girls in a shampoo commercial giving themselves an overly-enthusiastic head massage! This product feels so silky and lush going through my hair and a little goes a long way. At one point I thought I needed to add a little more product bit instead just added more water and the product spread evenly. The shampoo bottle isn’t very large but if I need to use less shampoo I still consider this a good value. I’ll continue to test and keep you updated on this!

Conditioner: WOW this formula is also a treat! My hair is long, dry and super tangly so I tend to agonize over having to brush through my hair. I was truly shocked at how silky this made my hair feel and how easy it was to brush my hair. I was able to easily brush through my curls and rinse out the product, saving a lot of shower time compared to products that require endless brushing and handfuls of conditioner.

So far the shampoo and conditioner both impressed me by easy of use, the delcicious scent and the luxe formulations. Being a curly girl I was very curious to see how my hair would dry... Frizz City? Smooth? Greasy? I’m always in for a surprise! 

Fast forward 1.5 hours and I was very impressed with how my hair dried! It was silky to the touch and there was hardly any frizz! On the left I had a little bit of bed head but you can see how dry my hair is compared to the photo on the right. 

Shampoo and Condition Test Day 1.jpg

@BrendaBT is also testing and will share her thoughts! (Spoiler: her hair has been looking fabulous!) We will both continue to try this out and let you know our thoughts. Can't wait for the big reveal!!

What is your in-shower hair routine? Let us know and don’t forget to share your hair types!

Re: SPOILER: It's Olaplex! (Testing Top Secret Hair Newness)

@KatieBT What great results! I will have to try this!

Best,

Rebecca

Re: Testing Top Secret Hair Newness

Are we ever going to know which product/brand this is @KatieBT @BrendaBT

Hello everyone! I just wanted to give you an update on the top secret hair newness. It's been about two weeks since I started using this product and it still wows me everytime! My hair usually gets greasy within a day but ever since I started using this product I've noticed that hair looks clean for longer than two days. The first picture on the left is of my hair the same day I washed it and the second picture on the right is my hair three days later with no dry shampoo or any other product (please excuse the awful lighting in my room). My hair looked as clean and it felt as soft as it did the first day I washed it, even after straightning it a bit. 

olaplex 2.5.jpgolaplex3.jpg

That's awesome @BrendaBT! Are we going to know soon which company this is???  I'll need to buy new products very soon... my hair is out of control!!! I might give this a shot... hopefully it's a CF brand! Thx!

This is great that your hair looks so good between washings, @BrendaBT!  I always go 2 to 3 days between washings, so I'm becoming quite intrigued.

@Titian06 @melissapurple22 @bakeamuffin Thank you all 🙂 I cannot wait for you guys to find out what it is! 

Your hair  looks great @BrendaBT i need a product like this in my life 💜😬

You have me on the edge of my seat, I’m so eager to hear what it is and try it out @BrendaBT!! You’re hair (and you!!) look so beautiful 😍

I saw the app had early access for the Briogeo Superfoods shampoo and conditioner. Curious to see if that’s the new product, because it caught my eye 🙂 

https://www.sephora.com/product/superfoods-shampoo-conditioner-hair-pack-P431542?icid2=your%20loves:...

@lachaton Guess again! 

I can’t get over that Briogeo packaging - looks just like a green juice 😄

RE: Testing Top Secret Hair Newness

I just hope it doesn’t have a sinus-closing scent! So many of the hair products have such a strong perfume! Awful smelling scents, at that. They are probably toxic because the scents give me a migraine and make my nose run. (Not an attractive look!) I wonder who makes the decisions to put in these heavy scents in hair products, anyway. It seems like a lame decision. Don’t they realize that we wear our own choice of perfume, and that the scent in hair products is in conflict with that? Also, we can perfume our own hair, with scent that we choose! Some of the hair products that I have tried are great, but I cannot or will not use them, because they STANK! Last one smelled like men’s cheap and spicy cologne!

This sounds very interesting. I only have a bit on top of my head, so I currently just use a cleansing scrub, but this sounds like something I'd like to try. When I had hair, I could never get it to feel silky.

You always have such perfect Cali cool girl hair @KatieBT! I'm very impressed by how smooth both your hair and @BrendaBT 's look.  I've been having some issues with hair loss and breakage and have tons of frizzies, plus the ends are bleached and always thirsty.  These products sound amazing! 

@michelleshops That is so nice of you to say 😄 

Your hair would LOVE this shampoo and conditioner.

Hello everyone! I took some pictures of my hair this morning to show you guys the awesome product. I washed my hair last night, let it air dry and went to sleep, I didn't brush it until moments before I took these pictures. It is not frizzy like it usually would be, it feels very soft, and smells amazing. 

me with olaplex.JPG

These products sound interesting. @KatieBT @BrendaBT   You both look amazing. I am loving the effortless waves.

Wow @KatieBT your hair looks incredible! 😍 I’m obsessed with haircare products- anything to keep it healthy and gorgeous so I’m really excited to hear about these new products, I can’t wait to learn more about them! I have long, damaged, wavy hair that loves anything hydrating. Typically I stick to Verb hydrating  shampoo and conditioner but sometimes I splurge on Alterna anti-aging shampoo and conditioner when my locks need some extra love. I also use Olaplex no. 3 treatment at least twice a week, and the Alterna Protein hair cream after washing my hair to help strengthen the ends. I’m also a huge fan of the Verb ghost oil when my hair is feeling extra dry or frizzy, it just gives a nice boost and leaves my hair looking shiny and feeling soft. 

Ooh, I hope it’s oribe my hair loves that stuff

@howconnie this isn’t from Oribe, it’s an existing Sephora brand!

Oh wow did you use zero product?? Your hair looks great! I wish mine dried like that! Mine is very fine and I dont have much of it- naturally dries wavy, but frizzy lol maybe this shampoo and conditioner would be good for me!

56 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos6
  • Shampoo and Condition Test Day 1.jpg
  • IMG_0148.JPG
  • IMG_0148.JPG
  • me with olaplex.JPG
  • olaplex 2.5.jpg
  • olaplex3.jpg
testing