Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Summer Skin All-Stars

We spend so much time focused on the beauty products we’re applying to our faces that it feels as if we’re missing some of the innovation in the world of body care and tanning products. For this reason, we're starting a summer skin thread to discuss the body care products we’re trying out and loving so far this summer. We’ve worked with a few experts when it comes to body care and we’ve put together the perfect mix of products to get your body summer-ready… And no, cardio isn’t on the list 😊

All Products Image.png

Prep with OUAI Cleansing Scalp & Body Sugar Scrub 8.8 oz/ 250 g

First up, if you want to tan at home you cannot forget to prep the skin by exfoliating! Ouai’s Scalp and Body Scrub is quickly becoming one of my favorite products for a gentle body and scalp exfoliation that doesn’t leave my skin dehydrated. The sugar crystals exfoliate and probiotics in the formula balance your skin’s natural bacteria levels, which is great for scalp and skin health. The coconut oil contains fatty acids which help to moisturize and the scent, Melrose Place, is truly enchanting with hints of rose, bergamot, lychee, cedar-wood, and white musk. If you’re into self-care this is a must!

Tan and Moisturize with Isle of Paradise Self Tanning Natural Glow Face Drops Medium and

SOL DE JANEIRO - Coco Cabana Cream

I love to mix a small handful of Coco Cabana with a few squeezes of the tanning drops, mix it evenly in my hands and apply everywhere like I would lotion. Coco Cabana has a sweet, coconut-y scent which mixes nicely with my summer fragrances. Please wear this lotion and spritz Maison Margiela 'REPLICA' Under the Lemon Trees 3.4oz/ 100mL… Just trust me on this one! Because Coco Cabana moisturizes for up to 72 hours it also pairs nicely with tanning drops which, like any tanning product, can settle into dry skin and get patchy if you don’t properly exfoliate and moisturize. The tanning drops are great because you get to customize the tan you want to achieve. Only add a few drops for a subtle, gradual tan or squeeze the dropper a few times to get a summer vacay tan overnight. If you aren’t into tanning products, Coco Cabana is still a body care must-have due to the impressive list of ingredients which provide moisture and elasticity. You can add the tanning drops to any moisturizer but I've been loving this combo specifically. Whatever you do, please don’t use the drops alone because the pigment power is real! Oh, and remember to wash your hands after applying 😉

Before and After wearing Huda NYMPH.jpg

Get Glowy with HUDA BEAUTY - N.Y.M.P.H. 

Brand Founder and #beautygoals legend, Huda Kattan wasn’t kidding when she named this product N.Y.M.P.H. which is short for “not your mama's pantyhose!” This is an all-over highlighter that is gorgeous on the face but, in my opinion, is a gamechanger when used on the legs. Every time I wear N.Y.M.P.H. I get so. many. compliments. Needless to say, I’ve sold a few bottles of this shimmery magic. I’ve always had visible veins on my legs and, while tanning products reduce the appearance of veins, N.Y.M.P.H. is a now a holy grail for me! Brenda and I are modeling Luna, the lightest shade, and Aphrodite, the medium shade.  This product is super pigmented so I suggest going to your local Sephora in a pair of jean shorts to try this out to find your best shade. My perfect shade is a combo of Luna and Aphrodite. One callout on application, use only 2-3 pumps per leg and rub it in quickly! This pigmented formula goes a long way and sets quickly which we love because it stays in place and doesn’t transfer. Don’t worry about ruining your favorite summer dress but be sure to wash this off with soap in the shower like you would wash your face.  

BECCA.jpg

Add a Golden Glow with BECCA - Glow Body Stick - Collector’s Edition

The final product we’re discussing is another all-over highlighter from Community favorite brand Becca Cosmetics and it falls under a category I like to call vanity candy. My first impression of the product is that I needed to have it because it looks like a gigantic, gold, luxe tube of lipstick. The formula provides a subtle, moisturizing glow in the famous shade Champagne Pop many of us know and love. The formula is going to make your skin happy with a combination of coconut oil, shea butter, and vitamin E and I love slathering this on my shoulders and arms. You can also rub the stick to your palms to warm the formula and get enough product to apply to your legs. I like how easy this is to apply and LOVE the way it feels.

What are your favorite summer body care products? Anything you have your eye on but want to learn more about? Let’s talk summer skin!

BONUS: If you feel so inclined, let us know where you’ve visited or are heading this summer! I am at the airport and heading to Europe for two weeks and could not be more excited!

Re: Summer Skin All-Stars

@cianni What a great collection! 

Best,
Rebecca

OMG, @cianni - Same, girl!  I cannot get enough Bum Bum Cream!!!! ❤️

@cianni  This is a familiar scene at my place 😂  We always joke that we’ll have the best skin around in the event of an apocalypse 😉

fun! I love the KOPARI - Coconut Crush Scrub !It's a great scrub that's not too harsh! 

Also, of course Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Visibly Firming Refillable Body Cream 8.1 oz/ 240 mLis always amazing! - Love how it absorbs and the smell is so so amazing!!!! 

Also, not something I'd normally splurge on myself but a friend got me one of the JO MALONE LONDON - Lime Basil & Mandarin Body & Hand Washand wow do they smell amazing! love the perfect just a bit of lingering scent

Ohhhhh I seriously need to try that Kopari Scrub!  Great picks, @Kim888 !

The one thing about skincare and summer that I always look forward to.
The day AFTER a great beach day where just being in the sand and the water was like a high-end spa day.
Exfoliated by sand and sea salt, not burned, and definitely with some serious after beach and sun skincare to go with it.

Can you tell I am jonesing for a beach day here in Arizona?
🙂 

Great thread! I have a naturally tan skin tone, so I don't use tanning products. I'd like to say I'm a natural bronze goddess. 🙂 However, I'm big on keeping my legs nice and smooth, so I exfoliate at least once a week with my favorite FRESH - Brown Sugar Body Polish Exfoliator.

P.S: I read in an interview that this scrub is J.Lo's favorite! 

<3333

@PenelopeBT Ohhhhh I haven't tried this scrub, either!  Sounds awesome! ❤️

TOM FORD - Soleil Blanc Shimmering Body Oil

This product makes me smell good and feel liked i'm on a vacation at some exotic beaches.  Call me crazy but i wish it loads with a lil bit more shimmers 😉 

Soleil Blanc smells divine, @blackkitty2014 !!!

I’ll have to try those tanning drops mixed with my Bum Bum Cream! What an interesting idea. 

Sol De Janeiro Bum Bum Cream is an absolute favorite after I shower. My skin smells incredible and is lightly moisturized.

During the summer I also heavily use Living Proof’s No Frizz Humidity Shield. I spray my styled hair generously and typically, my hair is much more resistant to Chicago’s oppressive summer humidities.

Late this summer I’ll be traveling to Los Angeles. I am SO excited for some sun! ☀️

@Danzie89 Have fun when you come to Cali.  We really don’t have seasons and our Summer last long.  It doesn’t get cool till end of October. 

Thank you! We’ll be there at the end of August so we’re hoping for nice weather 😊 

Summer Skin All-Stars

I love Sol de Janeiro Bum Bum cream. It has a fun scent and leaves my skin hydrated even if I spent all day in the pool. My summer must have.

I very rarely tan and rely on self tanners if I do want to a bit of a glow, I received a sample of the Isle of Paradise self tanning drops and absolutely loved it. I mixed it with my moisturizer in a small bowl and applied all over. I was very impressed and will pick up a full size of it, I am just waiting for the right promo!

Isle of Paradise Self Tanning Natural Glow Face Drops Medium

I also love the Clarins Lift Fermete body cream. It is the only area I tried that improves the texture and firmness of the skin (also a fab moisturizer). I ran out of it, but if I was prepping for a summer vacation I would definitely pick this up!

CLARINS - Extra-Firming Body Cream

SPF always and these are some of my favorites right now...

SUPERGOOP! - Glow Stick Sunscreen SPF 50 SUPERGOOP! - Everyday Sunscreen  Broad Spectrum SPF 50 PA ++++ SUPERGOOP! - Unseen Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 40

Have a great time in Europe @KatieBT ❤️

@KatieBT I absolutely love the N.Y.M.P.H - it's gotten some great use during this busy wedding season! I've use the PTR cucumber mask as a spot treatment on my body for everything from dryness, sunburn relief in a pinch for a certain family member that refuses to wear SPF, and even bug bites. It's really a well-rounded product to own. Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Mask Extreme Detoxifying Hydrator 5 oz

@KatieBT  I swim in chlorinated water every day, and I like to keep my routine as streamlined as possible. Once I’ve dried off, I spray myself from head to toe with:

MARIO BADESCU - Facial Spray with Aloe, Chamomile and Lavender

I realize it’s marketed as a facial spray but it does a great job of quickly soothing my skin post-swim. Then, in the evenings, my go-to cream to repair my skin is the holy grail of body creams:

Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Visibly Firming Refillable Body Cream 8.1 oz/ 240 mL

Although I’m not a big fan of their Coco Cabana cream (a bit too sticky and too strong a fragrance for my tastes), I would buy Bum Bum Cream in vats if I could! 😁

This pale girl loves a good self-tanner and I swear by the St. Tropez Self Tan Express Bronzing Mousse 6.7 oz/ 200 mL

I been loving supergoop sunblock spray. Its very convenient for me since I can easily apply it, just by spraying it on. I also love that it works since I work with kids and we have a lot of play time right now for the summer camp. 

I've been loving ST. TROPEZ TANNING ESSENTIALS - Gradual Tan Everyday Tinted Body Lotion. I'm always scared of applying tanning products unevenly, so gradual products make me feel more confident!

That Maison Margiela fragrance mentioned in the post sounds so lovely...must check out...

Conversation Stats
Photos9
  • All Products Image.png
  • 6E28CDEF-4C20-4979-B865-6F48BF19E729.jpeg
  • Summer Body Faves.jpg
  • Before and After wearing Huda NYMPH.jpg
  • BECCA.jpg
  • 309B04AF-1D67-498C-9E33-199A1070343E.jpeg
testing