cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Spam on BIC

Hi BIC,

As you have likely noticed, the Community has been inundated with an exceedingly high volume of spam posts. We are aware of this issue and working hard behind the scenes to fix this. We know these posts can truly impact your experience here, and we appreciate everyone who has sent our team messages on this issue. Our goal is to maintain this safe space where you can all share and read about all things beauty – we’re so sorry this spam is getting in the way of that!

Please know that this is a huge priority for us and we are working to prevent this from happening in the future. We will share updates as soon as we have them. In the meantime, please know that our team and tech partners are on it!

-TeamBIC

Re: Spam on BIC

Posted this too soon :'(

You jinxed us, @pocketvenus!   😉  

Hopefully, these issues can be taken care of soon. It really takes away from the experience of using the community to have to deal with such an influx of spam. 

@quspork, I knooooooow 😛

The other day a new spam popped up, by the same account

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-03-24 at 9.12.46 AM.png

@pocketvenus  I don’t think so either.

the Keto and supplement spams still pop up everyday.  I did see the Chinese spams did pop up a few days ago,but I was able to mark them as spam

@SalBing @starsandbucks , that's true, I still see the diet stuff too! I really just meant the spam-tsunami we've experienced. Maybe it's still pummeling BIC with a few slipping through any new levees admin have made!!

@pocketvenus The diet stuff feels like the “normal” level of spam. Definitely not nearly as bad as the fake degree spam we’d been seeing.

I dunno @pocketvenus, I just went through and marked a bunch Keto blah blah posts as spam. 😞 May have spoke too soon. 

I'm slightly curious about this spaming, while I haven't noticed or experienced anything that seems unusual, I did receive a private message from TeamBIC which requested me to submit a document with other private information...I am wondering if this was in any part of the spam or if this was a legit private message? 

Here we go again folks. I really think the new account suspension idea needs to be enforced as this seems like the most feasible option at this point. @TeamBIC  any updates? Thank you.

Image result for facepalm gif

Maybe if freezing new accounts is not happening, there could be

• a waiting period to post on BIC
  • first post must be approved before getting BIC posting privileges
  • captcha must be passed before posting is activated
  • posts made in too quick succession means the account is frozen
  • at least one Sephora purchase online or offline is necessary to activate account

@pocketvenus I like the idea of a captcha and needing to make a purchase, the rest seem like they might only end up being deterrents to regular people trying to use the sight in probably more instances than we'd like to think

Spam on BIC

thanks!

RE: Spam on BIC

Yes, thanks for this

Hi all, 

Thank you for being patient as we work on solving the recurring spam issues. While we are hard at work with our tech partners to find a more permanent solution, we understand how frustrating this is. It's frustrating for us too. We also see that many of you have been trying to help us by using the "mark as spam" functionality and are receiving error messages. We have flagged this issue as well and appreciate you all working with us to squash the spam!

As of late afternoon today, we noticed a few other issues, including the inability to get to page two of the main Conversations feed. While it isn't ideal, you can navigate to specific groups and access multiple pages of threads within those groups. A better option is to browse Conversations on the app, which doesn’t have pages and allows for continuous scrolling on the homepage. Of course, this has been reported and we will share updates as soon as we hear back from our tech partners. 

Please know that the mods are on high alert removing the spam while we work on fixing the other glitches that surfaced this afternoon. If you see anything else, please continue to share screenshots and report issues. 

Thank you for bearing with us!

Team BIC

@TeamBIC  I've noticed today that posts that I have hearted have had said heart taken away (i.e. Spring/Summer found in the wild). I'm going back to re-heart posts (and I know this isn't as important as the spammers) just FYI as I didn't know if anyone else had noticed this glitch. Thank you!

Hi @niki172 - in order to help we have to report exactly what happened. Can you share your device and browser as well as screenshots? 

I haven’t seen seen this before so thanks for bringing this to our attention!

@KatieBT I was on desktop using Chrome as my browser. I currently don't have screenshots as I just went back and re-hearted posts, but if I see it again I will PM you. Sorry about that - hope the rest helps :).

Edit - I found one and sent you a PM. Thank you!

@TeamBIC We have given valid suggestions. Apporoval of new posts for NEW accounts for one. 

Please consider them.

omg plz shut down the ability to make new accouts plz plz plz. 

2 Replies
testing