Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Sephora's Express Service 10 min in-store makeover: just give me the look -or- learn how-to steps also?

Re: Sephora's Express Service 10 min in-store makeover: just give me the look -or- learn how-to step

I would love to do the learn how to steps opposed to just 'do it and let me walk out'. But it's also a matter of the consultant knowing what they're doing.

I've walked into some Sephora's where the girls look a hot mess [to each their own I understand, but still] and I wouldn't want them near my face. Also working on people that aren't of your own ethnicity can be a challenge as well if the consultants aren't properly trained. A lot of the women in the Sephora's near me are white and hispanic, I took my monolid asian friend into one and it wasn't good...And some of the women recommend things for darker skin tones that are just a no-no. I saw another black woman in the store while I was there that was getting absolutely frustrated with the woman helping her as nothing she was picking looked good on her skin. The products she picked made the woman look ashy, were entirely to light, or just bad. I ended up stepping in and recommending things to calm her down.

If I got to choose the consultant that worked on me and showed me the how to, I'd be more then happy to do it. But if the person is given to me at random then I dunno. I'm bad at telling people 'no' so I don't like their makeup, there's a good chance I won't like what they do on me.

Re: Sephora's Express Service 10 min in-store makeover: just give me the look -or- learn how-to step

The Express service is pretty useless for anything other than lip colors. With only a store employee (not a cosmetician) helping you they often don't know how to correctly use some products. Plus, the few times I've asked for one, it seems like the sales associate would rather be on a chain gang than help me with makeup tips. And beyond that, they make you wait forever. I've been in stores where there is more help than customers and still have to wait 15 or 20 min. To directly answer the question; what's the point of getting a makeup tip that you can't replicate? And slightly off topic, couldn't you please give us a chair with a back and a stable way to get into (and out of) it? After a long day's shopping those stools are torture and trying to get on it is a little like vertical twister.

The chairs! Ha!  I was laughing with a Cast Member a few weeks ago about the chairs. I was getting matched with the color IQ and the chair kept twisting & turning on me. At one point she had her back to me & when she turned around I was facing the other way. We finally gave up & I stood, which was difficult for her since I'm 5ft & she's tall. I asked how they do makeovers on the chairs & she said "very carefully" and sometimes the client has to stand. Whoever decided to get those chairs should have tested them out first. 

I've had a store associate tell me they couldn't help me or get anyone to help me because they would be off in 10 minutes. 

Wow, that's pretty scathing.  I've had both express service and store makeovers and I've found the employees to be helpful and I've never had to wait anything like 20 minutes to be helped.  I have picked up many useful tips as well.  Also, why shouldn't you be able to replicate a makeup tip?  I've had people not only show me how to use something but watch me do it.

Maybe your store isn't the most helpful here, but I've personally had a lot of help and learned many things from in-person service.

how much is a in store makeover?

Learn how-to steps also, for sure.  I need to be able to do it later!

Anonymous Insider

i don't get a chance to travel 2 hrs to a store, just shop online.  however, if i did have a chance to be in a sephora

store, i'd like to be thorough and learn how to achieve a look.

I agree with most everyone that both learn how to and the look would be best. I also agree with the poster that stated if she knew how to use a product correctly, it would be more of an incentive to purchase it! I know I basically agreed with the majority, so not sure why I wanted my opinion known, but thank you for giving me the opportunity! 😉

Anonymous Insider

Oh, I *so* need the steps, too.  And my hand held, and for important explanations to be repeated. 😉

learn how-to steps also

learn how-to steps also

How-to steps are more helpful than someone else just putt...

How-to steps are more helpful than someone else just putting the make-up on your face. I need to know how to recreate the look later!

learn how-to steps as well

learn how-to steps as well

I really want to know how i can get a natural look, but without it looking like there is nothing there. Alos how bout using other colors to create a very neutral natural look?

I would like a nice makeup look for myself I have very fair skin and I would like to add alot more color to it and learn how to apply foundation without making my skin look blotchy!

Anonymous Insider

I need both!  I love the smokey eye look but would love a demo and step by step for home.  Sometimes it takes me awhile to get it.

Anonymous Insider

Learn how-to steps..Because then you know what they did a...

Learn how-to steps..Because then you know what they did and how to look like that! (:

Step by Step

Anonymous Insider

how-to steps! I want to have gained knowledge of applying...

how-to steps! I want to have gained knowledge of applying makeup from my experience.
Anonymous Insider

teach us the steps or give us a flyer with step-by-step basics would help too

testing