Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Sephora is disappointing me

I have been shopping at Sephora since I was 14 years old. I cannot beleive that the free samples have changed to 2 items only and become really crappy compared to their once coveted existence. I used to love Sephora for that reason . I recently ordered perfume from Chanel and they sent me a beautiful black Chanel pouch with 3 samples in it as well as a beautiful note and hard box that can be used for storage. I am so disappointed in Sephora! Just because a VIB sale is going on should not negate the fact that we used to receive 3 good size samples. Also what is up with the fact that I spent $2500 to get a $100 reward and with that I don't even earn points for the purchase nor can i redeem any type of beauty offer??? It is ludicrous and if we redeem a $100 gift card it should be in the same format as if someone had given us a gift card so that we were able to retrieve a beauty offer code as well as points! Where has the brand loyalty gone for Sephora's most dedicated customers who have spent thousands and thousands of dollars buying products on from them - to only now receive more freebies and discounts from other beauty retailers.

RE: Sephora is disappointing me

I pick samples and only receive the samples about half the time. The 50% of the time I do get samples, they are not the ones I selected. Why do they have us select them when ordering online, when it is more likely than not that they will not supply them.

Re: Sephora is disappointing me

I really don't find the samples to be that bad.  They are free so I personally think its silly to get that upset about 1 less sample, I don't buy from Sephora to get a little 1 use foil packet of something.  I usually get the samples I pick and its rare that they get substituted and even more rare to get no samples at all. 

I do agree there is room for improvement with some things. The two samples offered with online orders is a reduction from three, though personally I've collected many samples over time with orders. You can get up to three in-store. I was disappointed that I received none in a recent order. I think having more of each sample in stock would be a great improvement. I selected a Jo Malone fragrance which had just been offered with two separate orders in hopes of trying it, though received other samples. A varied selection of samples would be nice as well. There are many foundations currently available for samples. The $100 Rouge reward is nice IMO, but the $2500 spending requirement is a bit steep. I was lucky to chip away at the $1000/year req for Rouge.

I feel the same way, and I don’t know if it’s Sephora or us. I’ve been having to return a lot of things that broke me out, caused a rash, were a bad batch, defective, broken, couldn’t find a good sample, and so on...I feel that maybe they profile us and decide weather or not to give samples etc. based on our account and spending status. This is just my speculation based off of experience this past two years, and in no way do I mean to bash Sephora. I also agree though that I’ve noticed a loss in quality of services especially the samples and online orderingprocess. For the amount of money we spend to go ‘ROUGE’, it doesn’t feelworth it. I’ve had my Rouge status removed and messed up completely whenI agreed to combine my email addresses (they had two on file and I ended up having two Sephora accounts/profiles by mistake) and when they combined them my Rouge status was GONE despite it still saying ROUGE next to my name everywhere...it’s kind of like what’s the point now?Nothing is properly tracked. I’m not even getting the samples and promos I choose, and I don’t see any benefit in being completely loyal atm.Sure, I’ve always loved Sephora but I’m getting let down a lot and don’tunderstand how they got to this point. I don’t like most Ulta brands and Blue Mercury isn’t as interesting or friendly. I know you’re not alone on this and I hope things change. Retail is rough.

@am210, I agree, I think we get cut off of samples after a certain amount. Back then when I barley ordered and wasn’t Rouge, I always get the samples I choose. This Christmas, I have an entire extended family coming from out of town for Christmas, so I placed over 30 orders and over $2000 worth of product within a few weeks and I honestly did not receive most of the ones I choose. CS did contact me but, how am I suppose to remember which order was missing samples? Hence, most to all my orders either came with non or nothing close to what I picked. Notsure why I keep getting men’s cologne either. I figured I’m just cut off from samples due to the amount of orders, which really doesn’t make sense, to be honest. Others on this forum said they ALWAYS get the samples they choose and even got extras, that really made me sad as that’s not the case with me. Who knows, they could be spending thousands each order. 😕

I'd be ok with only two samples if I'd get anything at all I've selected. Instead I get two random samples thrown in the package if I'm lucky including men's fragrance which I have absolutely no use for.

Sephora is disappointing me

For the most part the samples are pretty good. I guess it's preference. The Milk makeup sample made me want to buy it. I got Atelier Pacific Lime and Dolce and Gabanna Dolce Garden perfume. Those were both great.

@DMP1990 have you checked the samples recently? I placed an order today and received two drunk elephant samples. One had two foils (TLC Framboos and Lala Retro), and the other had two foils (the Jelle cleanser and protini). That’s basically four foils of a high end product!! Plus the 25$ GWP today was MAC fix+ so I’m more than happy about that 😍

RE: Re: Sephora is disappointing me

@cianni, I agree there are some nice samples today! I just hope I actually get the DE and YSL that I selected. I always end up with something totally different from what I pick. 😞 I bought most of my Xmas gifts from Sephora so placed so many orders as of late and I seldom get the samples I choose. Fingers crossed this time. 🤞

Re: RE: Re: Sephora is disappointing me

@jujusamples Really? I never have that problem and i'm in Canada also. And I've actually been getting a third random sample tossed in to many of my boxes. 

@GG84 @cianni Must be problem just in US ormy watehouse. I don’t remember when is the last time I got the samples I chose 🤪 I always choose skincare and they always throw two random foundation or fragrance. Many a times a get nothing. I complained the first two times when there were no samples but now I just gave up, am happy with all the 20% sales we are getting this year.if I really want to try something i ask for sample in my store.

You are so lucky! I think it depends on where they are shipping it from. I always get different samples or none at all. Sephora does have excellent CS though, they sent me a couple nice ones to compensate. 🙂 @GG84

@GG84 Yeah sometimes I get three aLao lately! And I’ve gotten all the ones I’ve selected except once I got a briogeo sample instead of a devacurl, but I was happier with the briogeo anyways 😂

Mine options had no drunk elephant 😞 where did you see those options? 

@DMP1990

Based on her Mac Fix+ comment, I'm guessing @cianni is in Canada...their samples vary from the US. 

@RGbrown @DMP1990 you’re correct haha I’m in Canada! But usually our selection of stuff isn’t nearly as good as the US side (promos, samples, weekly wow, sale selections etc) so I’m surprised!

@cianniUnidentified

Canada does usually get the short end of the stick! 😥 But our samples here have been crap for at least the last couple of months. It's usually 10 foundations, one hair something or a moisturizer, and ine perfume. And of course, at least for me, I still never get what I choose. I kept hoping that when they went from three to two that that at least meant accuracy would improve, but no such luck 👎

@RGbrown ahh that’s so annoying! I always avoid the foundation or concealer samples. I already am so unsure about what shade I am, so I know I’ll never use them 🙄

RE: Re: Sephora is disappointing me

I got the drunk elephant samples too. Not sure where you were checking.

The beautiful thing about $100 discount is that it's deducted before tax, which wouldn't be the case with a gift card. So that's an extra saving! 

21 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 21 replies
  • 37 Hearts Given
  • 15 Contributors
testing