Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Sephora credit card updates

You guys have been warned. Lol. Please use responsibly if you get one.

Re: Sephora credit card updates

I had applied for one but it didn’t approve me right away but they said they would email me??? Does that mean I got denied?

Hi @Masumamiki,

I suggest that you keep an eye out for the email from the credit card company for further information regarding your application process. I hope that this helps.

Best,

Zakiya

Where you approved right away? Or did it say your application was in review? 

Where exactly on the app did you find it?

I’m going back and forth between applying for this. I think I would definitely qualify for the Visa or Visa Signature.  4% back on Sephora would be nice, and it’s more than my other rewards card gives me at Sephora, so — if I got it — I would mostly only use it for my Sephora purchases. 

But, based on my past yearly spends I think the rewards would total maybe $100-150/year. I don’t know if that’s worth it to me to go through the hassle of unfreezing my credit and having to keep track of another account.

Also, it looks like the 4% back does not include Sephora in JCP. 

I'm curious to know what this 4% back is. Is it 4% cashback or points? If it's just for points, then to me, it doesn't make sense to even get this card.

@mmmiu Here’s the “fine print” from the website:

9B60B298-F7D4-4DB6-97CC-FD0E0D4F5A11.jpeg

Yeah, I won’t be applying for this. Based on my credit scores, I know I’d qualify for the Visa but I don’t need it. I already use a points-earning Nordstrom Visa for most of my shopping. I’m fine earning Sephora points the way I currently do, and also earning Nordstrom points in the process. 🙂 

Sephora’s Visa interest rate seems about average for store-branded cards. I tend to quickly pay all my card balances, so I don’t worry much about interest rates. But I know firsthand—from my 20s, when I tanked my credit rating—how easy it is to fall into credit card debt. Took me about 4 years to rebuild my credit and change the way I treat credit cards: I think of them as debit cards instead of credit; I don’t charge what I can’t afford to quickly pay. Sometimes, after buying things online, I go directly to my card account and make a payment to cover my purchase. That’s what I recommend to anyone with a history of credit card debt. (And no, you don’t have to carry a balance on your credit cards to build credit. All that does is feed the cards’ banks.) 

Honestly, the only reason I have any cards (aside from my actual checking account debit card, of course) is for the 3 credit bureaus. Well, also certain perks tied to a couple of cards (Nordies and Target). 😄 

@WinglessOne The Target one is awesome. I’m passing on this card as well even though I know I will qualify. 

Same here.  I have a Nordstrom Visa and I much prefer the notes I get from that plus the much lower APR.  The APR for the Sephora visa would have to be equal or lower than that card to get me to consider it.  Not to mention the Nordstrom Visa is one of my oldest cards...and my husband would likely not be very happy if I got a card solely to use at Sephora.  (Plus I would rather not use one that would not get paid off every month.  Trying to save a little for a new car.)

I really want to bite the bullet and get it, but I have a similar store Visa card where I earn rewards for outside purchases, yada yada.  Kind of want to see/hear everyone else's thoughts.

Something a bit odd - I noticed that it says you have 30 days to use your 15% off purchase, but I backed out of my account (I had items in my bag that had the discount applied), but when I went back in the discount to my bag is gone even if I go all the way thru to pay for the item. The Sephora card is preset as my payment method so I'm a bit confused. Hmmmm...

I got auto approved for the usual $500, yay! Time to build more credit! Lol. 

Since it's *select markets* at first probably why everyone can't access right away.

I do see, on mobile site, a credit card link under my account. Link: https://m.sephora.com/profile/CreditCard

RE: Sephora credit card updates

Here is the apr for anyone interested. It’s high like most store cards. They have a visa option too. Please be safe ladies and gents.

Re: RE: Sephora credit card updates

Looks like some high interest rates.  I can see this being a great card for some people... and an awful one for some others.  

Re: RE: Sephora credit card updates

@missjeanie feel the same way. I hope people read the fine print. 

@KNC24 it tells me it's coming soon still,,, where are yo...

@KNC24 it tells me it's coming soon still,,, where are you seeing the application at?? 🤔

Re: @KNC24 it tells me it's coming soon still,,, where are yo...

@lmaster sorry I didn’t tag you on the original reply

Oh thanks so much @KNC24 yeah if you're able to keep your debt on the card under 30% and pay it off in full every month, it's a nice way to earn some extra points

@lmaster for me I know how to keep my credit under control. I think I would be applauded by how much I spend at Sephora. This year has been slow for me. I haven’t rerouged yet. I’ve been going crazy on natural hair brushes which leads me to other sites. I understand it from a business standpoint. Sephora is growing so fast that it makes sense. Just hope people don’t go in bad debit due to a Sephora credit card. 

Conversation Stats
Photos6
  • 9B60B298-F7D4-4DB6-97CC-FD0E0D4F5A11.jpeg
  • 20190408_223304.png
testing