cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Sephora.com Site Issues

Hey BeautyTalkers,

We want to make sure you know that we are working to fix the site issues affecting Sephora.com for the past couple of weeks. Some of the fixes we are working to restore include 404 error messages and "All Brands" page access. While we work on these fixes, please try clearing your cache/cookies and updating your browsers for a better experience. 

We're starting to see improvements and are hoping everything will be working properly in a timely manner. If you see any issues please report them below. 

Thanks!
Katie

EDIT: Please include screenshots of the issues you're seeing if possible! It helps us out a lot 🙂 

Re: Sephora.com Site Issues

Like others, I have not been able to read reviews for weeks. Also, when I use the back button, the page just won't load. Could Sephora please acknowledge this problem and suggest a timeline?

I feel like i renewed my flash subscription for nothing since I won't order if I can't read reviews. Are you even working on this and if so, is there an estimated timeframe for completion?

I'm having the same problems others have been having for WEEKS, where the reviews disappear from the page.  How can your website be that broken for that long?  I will not ever buy anything that I cannot read reviews for first, so I would strongly suggest you actually do something about this.  It is infuriating.

It would have been nice if when I emailed sephora about not being able to read reviews, they would have explained that it was a problem they were working on and then made suggestions as to what might help... but instead I was made to believe it was a problem just I was having... thank goodness I found this forum because I spent hours trying to fix "MY" issues when it turns out it really is a website issue🤥

I see all the same issue appearing, nothing has been fixed, can't read reviews on edge, safari, firefox, IE or my ipad. I won't buy products on the website anymore until this mess is fixed. Don't tell me to clear my cookies as I have to do it every 5 minutes as you people have just too may cookies tracking each person. I dont know whose idea it was to update the website to this hot mess-they should be fired.

Both these issues affect my purchasing products at Sephora as the search and discovery of what works for others is what makes Sephora my go-to place.

Here are the issues:

When I start reading a review for any product on Sephora it will disappear in a few seconds. It happens so fast that I don't even have time to take a screen shot so I can read what people have to say. Sometimes the reviews won't appear at all, even though there is a number that states there are lots of reviews for a product.

Also, some videos won't open when clicking on the link. Many of the videos that do open just won't play showing a black screen. 

These issues having been going on for quite some time and it would be really helpful to have them fixed. 

Thanks for listening 🙂

Just another comment regarding website and the issues with REVIEWS.  Since MONEY seems to be the great motivator maybe this will put it into perspective.  I have found that I can purchase most items from their parent websites!  for example: Too Faced, Tarte and Smashbox to name a few. They also give out free gifts AND reviews are available. 

Sephora, you aren't the only game in town.

yeah, like others said, reviews aren't showing up...***on safari. However, they show up on chrome. 

Can someone from Sephora please at least acknowledge that there continuing issues? This recent silence on the matter gives the impression that nobody from Sephora cares and nothing is being done. 

Personally, I've spent a couple hundred dollars elsewhere due to the inability to see reviews. It sounds like I'm not the only one.

Still, I keep coming back to see if the issues have been fixed or acknowledged. At some point, I'm just going to give up.

Same! I can no longer read reviews and have decided to not purchase until I can. Unless it's a item I am already aware of and use, I hate buying new products without reading reviews.  I don't want the hassle of having to load a new page to search for reviews. I'm sure they're working on everything, hopefully quickly. If not , tell them to get on it!!  

Hi Katie,

I am reaching out on the reviews/q&a issue, too. It's been going on for weeks and I have tried clearing cookies/cache and updating the browser. Nothing has worked. It is getting more frustrating the longer this goes on.

I am a long time, very loyal customer and I really value reading reviews before I purchase items.  At this point, I often hop over to Ulta to read the reviews there and, if they have the product, by it there too. I am hopeful you can get this worked soon. 

Thanks!

Hello Katie - This is my second post about the ratings and reviews issue.It looks like this issue has been going on for a long time with many complaints but no resolution. Does Sephora want to lose customers? Your frustrated customers can go on Ulta/other sites to view ratings & reviews and then make a purchase there instead of Sephora. Internet shopping is the trend but customers rely on ratings & reviews before purchasing  - its vital to know which product to purchase by the ratings and the color etc. by the reviews. Please respond and let all of us know what is taking so long to fix your site. As others have said, clearing your history/cache & cookies does not resolve the issue. Its your site! Go back to the old one or fix the new one...or frustrate and lose customers. Thanks and I look forward to a response!

I have to use all browsers to try to sign in and use BT. And, navigating rest of the site... I am not even  going there. It's mission impossible and I gave up. Pages are not loading, or sometimes when they do they do it super slow. Painfully slow. They freeze. Don't react. Then they freeze my whole computer. Sometimes I can't add products to cart. Most of the time loves are as good as gone. Rewards Bazaar is out of reach. I can't even list it all right now and off hand. There's way too many things that make it impossible to use the site. It's so very frustrating.

Any chance of fixing this mess any time soon? Are you even working on it anymore? Just asking, because it feels like not. Things are not improving. Is this a new normal now? Is it possible to just roll the site back ( restore it? ) to the way it was back before the big change, when it all worked just fine and normally? I don't know if that's possible, not a techy. Just asking.

Any updates on the situation, @KatieBT ?

Same with me.  I used to spend a lot... probably two hundred a week and since the total website redo I think I've probably spent two hundred total... and that is about two months grand total...

Same, reviews are gone. I ALWAYS read reviews before purchasing. This rouge is on pause until the reviews are back. 

Same issue, safari on iPad Air, but I also have the same issue on sephora app on iPad Air, not just safari. No reviews. 

I am using an iPad with Safari as my browser - I have not been able to see reviews since the website changes approx 4 days ago. It is very frustrating! Sometimes when I have re-loaded the page there is a flash of the reviews for a brief second and then they disappear again. I cleared cookies, I deleted all memory of Sephora I had on my device but when I went back to the site it didn't help with anything. image.png

image.png

For the past 3 days I have not been able to see reviews AT ALL. Everything was working fine I was reading and ordering all the time, then all of a sudden reviews disappeared. Sometimes when the page first loads the reviews will pop up for a split second and then are gone again. I am like many others on here - using an iPad and safari. I know this system well and cleared the cookies on this page etc. but it did nothing. I have had this issue in the past, but only randomly on some pages, after I would reload the webpage a couple of times the reviews would come back....but not this time, they are completely gone and don't look like they are coming back.

I'm on an iPad, safari. Cleared everything out and reviews still don't show up. I'm not on the app. Emailed customer service and they kept telling me how to reinstall the app.  Didn't mention that this is a known issue. Just live chatted and was told to clear cookies and cache again. And change to Firefox or google chrome.  That did not help. Again, no mention that this is a Sephora site issue. Driving me crazy! Guess I'll shop somewhere else. I rely on reviews before making a purchase. 

Also, check your default shipping address. After the first email, my shipping address was changed (not by me) to a state across the country. If I had made a purchase without checking it would have went there.  How did that happen? Scary. 

Hey please fix I cannot view the product pages for purchase for weeks now. This weird dialogue box pops up but never loads. So I can't add products to cart meaning I CAN'T GIVE YOU MY MONEY!!!! Whatever you did undo it pretty please I wanna shop and right now the app is the only way I can. Tried every browser, doesn't matter they're all doing the same thing. Cleared history and cache.

I was just looking at the Pretty Vulgar stuff, but since  I can't read the reviews, I'm not buying.

This whole web mess has to have cost Sephora a fortune in lost business. I can't believe how little progress has been made on the issues. 

Please fix the site; I'd like to be able to shop.

testing