Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Opinions Wanted: Best Mother's Day Gifts

Mother’s Day is just around the corner and it is also one of my favorite days of the year because we get to celebrate, show our love, and appreciation for ALL the amazing moms around us.

We know there is no gift that will ever be perfect enough for these beautiful women who have given their all, but we know the BIC gives the best product and gifting advice for any occasion. We thought it would be fun to hear from YOU and also help each other make gifting a little bit easier this Mother’s Day. Make sure you click the reply button if you want your thoughts and preferences included!

• What are your top 3 products from Sephora for the mom who is beauty obsessed with beauty but seems to have it all already?
  • What are your top 3 non-makeup products from Sephora for a mom is not so into makeup? (Ex. hair, fragrance, supplements)
  • Maybe YOU are the one being celebrated! How would you treat yourself if you could get anything... we mean ANYTHING from Sephora?

Comment below with your recommendations. We can’t wait to share the results back with you all!  

Re: Opinions Wanted: Best Mother's Day Gifts

Thanks for reading @faeriegirl ! If at least one person puts on their sunscreen after reading I'll consider it a mothers day gift for me!  

I'm so sorry for your mom and your family, @missjeanie.  My parents have had all three kinds of skin cancer between them.  You're so right, the sun safety kit is a perfect gift for everyone.

I hope everyone's doing well and in remission now @curlychiquita .  Sun safety is such an overlooked thing for so many people, that you're right... the kit is wonderful for anyone!  

oh @missjeanie so sorry to hear about your mom! the sun s...

oh @missjeanie so sorry to hear about your mom! the sun set sounds perfect

Re: oh @missjeanie so sorry to hear about your mom! the sun s...

Thanks @lmaster I like to think it's a fun way to bring in a little SPF.  And who doesn't like trying new things?

@missjeanie ,

Thanks for sharing this with us!  I lost my favorite uncle and two friends to Melanoma. 

We can't be reminded enough about using sunscreen.

@missjeanie  I am so sorry about your Mom. I, too, lost my Mom 7 years ago this month and Mother's Day is always sad. I am a Mother, but still miss my Mom a lot. I am a Melanoma survivor and always stress about the use of SPF. I love how you advocate sunscreen use in your Mom's memory. I'll keep you in my thoughts on Mother's day. Take care!!😔

Thanks @yankeefaithful .  I'm so glad you beat your Melanoma and are a fan of SPF!  Hope you have a great day with your little one!

@missjeanie Thank you for your touching story.  Especially letting people know the importance of SPF. 

Always love the SPF @SportyGirly125 !  I'm that weird person who always has it on hand and is offering it to everyone! lol

@missjeanie  😏 i’m that person in the group as well.  After having a few melanomas removed myself I’m a little bit obsessed with sunscreen and try to keep my friends as goopy as possible.  🤗

I love that you're helping other people stay sun safe @heartsmyface !  Hope no more of the bad stuff is ahead for you!  It's such a tricky little bugger that melanoma.  Today when I reapply I'll be doing it with you in mind!

Thank you for sharing this with us, @missjeanie !  I am so sorry for your loss and also inspired by your commitment to honor your mom. Hugs and love to you.

Thanks @Tamara76 .  Hugs right back to ya!

What a nice legacy @missjeanie. I bet your SIL and nieces will love the Sun Safety Kit.

Thanks @Loretta55 !  We both just loved getting the kits every year around this time and it's such a fun practical gift!

My mom loves make up and skin care. I have an aunt who is like a second mom to me; she is not into too much make up,aside from lip stuff, but is in to skincare.

Both: Josie Maran: JOSIE MARAN - 100 percent Pure Argan Oil, Josie Maran Argan Moonstone Drops Makeup Priming and Highlighting Oil 1.7 oz/ 50 mL

Mom: MARC JACOBS BEAUTY - Dew Drops Coconut Gel Highlighter; PAT McGRATH LABS LuxeTrance™ Lipstick Psycho CandyPAT McGRATH LABS LUST: Lip Gloss Heavy Petal

Aunt: MARC JACOBS BEAUTY - Enamored Hydrating Lip Gloss Stick - Candy Bling, HOURGLASS - Confession Ultra Slim High Intensity Lipstick Refill - I Can't Wait

I'm going to also add in masks but I am taking forever with this tagging feature. May possibly look into silk scrunched or silk pillowcase. Someone below mentiones a jade roller, and I love that! Either that or the microneedling rollers. I think stacked has one.

Here is the microneedler STACKEDSKINCARE - Micro-Roller

I love making lists!  😂 GOT is a shared love with my mom🦁🐺. I really hope I can snag some items before they sell out. The lipsticks I want to get for my mom. I was lucky enough to get the reloaded palette to try and it’s definitely one that my mom would love also!  Top it off with a lip primer. 

Makeup 

URBAN DECAY - Vice Lipstick - Game Of Thrones Collection

Urban Decay Naked Reloaded Eyeshadow Palette

Anastasia Beverly Hills Hydrating and Smoothing Lip Primer 0.16 oz

For non-makeup, her absolutely favorite perfume which has been around since I was a young one working at a department store. Then my favorite moisturizer and some special coffee. 

Dior Hypnotic Poison 1.7 oz/ 50 mL

DRUNK ELEPHANT - Lala Retro Whipped Moisturizer

FOUR SIGMATIC - Mushroom Coffee Mix with Lion's Mane & Chaga

I love the idea of the four sigmatic coffee. I remebered that someone told me there was a warning label on it. I just looked at the product again and saw there is a warning about possible exposure to things like lead. Does anyone have any additional info about this? I just did some light research, and my assumption is that mushrooms themselves might contain heavy metals. So, I think it is a callout to that. I could be wrong but wanted to update.

@loveyall  I am assuming it's due to California's Proposition 65 warnings. I assume it's there because essentially anything in the ground could contain trace amounts of lead, acrylamide, etc., so these chemicals could be found in trace amounts in the food supply though not intentionally added. It looks like they lab test all of their ingredients/components to make sure they fall within safety standards. I'm extremely cautious with things like this and still drink it, fyi 🙂

90 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • 225F8760-E009-4FEB-A6A2-A1261F899283.png
  • 9F880030-EF38-4D7D-88DD-943D8E043490.png
testing