Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Opinions Wanted: Best Mother's Day Gifts

Mother’s Day is just around the corner and it is also one of my favorite days of the year because we get to celebrate, show our love, and appreciation for ALL the amazing moms around us.

We know there is no gift that will ever be perfect enough for these beautiful women who have given their all, but we know the BIC gives the best product and gifting advice for any occasion. We thought it would be fun to hear from YOU and also help each other make gifting a little bit easier this Mother’s Day. Make sure you click the reply button if you want your thoughts and preferences included!

• What are your top 3 products from Sephora for the mom who is beauty obsessed with beauty but seems to have it all already?
  • What are your top 3 non-makeup products from Sephora for a mom is not so into makeup? (Ex. hair, fragrance, supplements)
  • Maybe YOU are the one being celebrated! How would you treat yourself if you could get anything... we mean ANYTHING from Sephora?

Comment below with your recommendations. We can’t wait to share the results back with you all!  

Re: Opinions Wanted: Best Mother's Day Gifts

Being a momma of 4 that doesn’t really get to treat herself because no matter what my kids come first even when I want to get myself something I’m always saying well maybe the kids need something instead so I put it back lol, if there was ANYTHING I could get from Sephora as a mother’s day gift and I could afford it, I would most definitely say one of the Drunk Elephant sets with the night serum in it 🥰 that is my DREAM product lol so hopefully one day💕 HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL THE BEAUTIFUL MOMMAS 🌸🌺🌸🌺🌸🌺

RE: Opinions Wanted: Best Mother's Day Gifts

My mom is a perfume addict so I bought her Dior hypnotic poison and also YSL Black Opium intense 🥰

I was first introduced to beauty by my mother at a young age. Growing up, she was obsessed with Clinique products and has used their 3 Step Skincare System for years. She's also used the same Clinique foundation for decades, so she'll be happy with anything Clinique. She's still in love with the brand, so I'm currently eyeing the CLINIQUE - Spring Into Colour: Eye and Lip Makeup Set.

<333

I've been thinking a lot about what I should get my mom for Mother's Day. I do not want to do a repeat gift and give her something totally new! I came across STACKEDSKINCARE - EGF Activating Serumits great for dark spots, aging, and wrinkles! My mother is outside a lot, and is always worried about her face! I think she and all moms will love it!

My grandmother is not particularly interested in cosmetics, but she does like to have a few amazing products that she can use regularly! So my goal, when shopping for her, is to find products that are easy to use, and beautiful.

She loves a bright lipstick, and CHARLOTTE TILBURY - Matte Revolution Lipstick - The Queenwould be perfect for her since it's such a flattering bold fuschia. I also appreciate that when Charlotte released this lipstick, she included an older model as part of the promotional material!

A previous gift that was a huge hit for her was the Burberry Fresh Glow Luminous Fluid base. She loves how easy it is to use and how it just brightens up her complexion!

Finally, an easy-to-use sunscreen. Especially one that's good for on the go! I've given her the Paula's Choice SPF powder before, but I think she'd also really enjoy the Supergoop powder. Also, the Clarins Sunscreen Care Oil Spray is great since you can use it on your hair/scalp as well. 

I'm still not sure yet as to what I'll get my mother, but here are some ideas:

For the mother who has it all:

URBAN DECAY - Mother Of Dragons Highlighter Palette - Game Of Thrones Collection

(She may not be the mother of dragons, but she might as well have been.) 

TARTE - High Tides & Good Vibes Eyeshadow Palette

(This palette screams summer and I love the mix of neutrals, brights colours, mattes and glitters. This palette has it all.)

NATASHA DENONA - Lila Eyeshadow Palette

(You can't go wrong with a palette from ND. Beware, once you gift your mom a ND palette, she'll want them all 😂)

Non-makeup products:

LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Intense Hydration with Vitamin C Original

(My mother already got this last year as a gift and loved it. It now comes in 4 flavours too!)

BRIOGEO - Sea Goddess Hair + Body Shimmer Mist

(My mom is OBSESSED with glitter. This mist seems perfect to add a bit of sparkle to any look.)

Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Ultra-Fine Mist 2.53 oz/ 75 mL

(Not gonna lie, I also want this for myself. Who wouldn't want a hydrating mist that smells like watermelon for the summer though?) 

I LOVE that lip sleeping mask. Have only used it for 4 days and it has healed my preteen daughter's cracked and dry lips..

Anonymous Insider

I plan to buy my mother the foreo ufo device. It´s a smat mask treatment for professional and relaxing skin mask treatments that you can do yourself in 90 seconds at home. It is amazing and I am sure she will love it. FOREO - UFO™

Anonymous Insider

yes, that's actually a great idea, it's an expensive gift but moms are worth it! I have seen some foreo coupons on retailme.not and somewhere else....I wonder if Sephora takes those...

Anonymous Insider

Foreo Luna 2-Hands Down! I got the mini one, got the bigger sister for my mom's birthday. She was so so  happy!

Anonymous Insider

Yes, I am planning to buy Foreo Luna as well...Still deciding on which size...

Hello everyone 🙂 what eyeshadow palette would y’all recommend for moms over 50? My mom buys random makeup and I’d like to get her a great everyday palette 💕

Re: RE: Opinions Wanted: Best Mother's Day Gifts

I have another recommendation @jeannellev Viseart Eyeshadow Palette 01 Neutral Matte

I have been shopping my stash and this palette is so easy to work with. It almost blends itself. I realize that it is pricey but I feel that your mom would really like it. 

Hi @jeannellev 😊 I’m 53 and have a fair number of pallets, 2 Marc Jacobs, Anastasia Norvina and Sultry, assorted other Too Faced, etc. but the ones I use most for every day are all MATTE. 😊  At our age, we have to be careful with sparkle as it settles into wrinkles. I do wear it, but carefully and it’s not my every day go to. My top two very favorite all matte pallets are these (Tartelette Amazonian Clay Matte and Kat Von D Lolita). Good luck!

9F880030-EF38-4D7D-88DD-943D8E043490.png

225F8760-E009-4FEB-A6A2-A1261F899283.png

Anonymous Insider

these look great! I was also thinking something neutral 🙂 

RE: Re: RE: Opinions Wanted: Best Mother's Day Gifts

Thank you soo much 💕

@jeannellev what's your budget? I'm obsessed with anything Huda, Natasha Denona, or Pat McGrath, 

What kinds of looks does she like? Natural/neutral day looks with just a bit more drama for an evening out? Color? Matte vs. shimmer? Warner tones vs. cooler tones? Any colors she tends to love or hate wearing on her eyes? I have a bunch of ideas (I’m in my late 40s fwiw), but it would help to know a bit more about how your mom likes her makeup to look.

My mom has always been against makeup so I am tailoring my responses to suit the anti-makeup mother 🙂

• What are your top 3 products from Sephora for the mom who is beauty obsessed with beauty but seems to have it all already?

1. Sephora Gift Card. You can never go wrong with a gift card! I personally LOVE getting gift cards because it means I can pick up what I know I will use.

2. Brow products. My mom doesn't wear makeup unless I do it for her for special occasions but one thing she does appreciate is good brows. This Mother's Day I am going to replenish her brow stash and get her some more Benefit Cosmetics Precisely, My Brow Pencil Waterproof Eyebrow Definer Shade 3.75Benefit Cosmetics Goof Proof Waterproof Easy Shape & Fill Eyebrow Pencil 3.75Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow+ Tinted Volumizing Eyebrow Gel 4

3. BeautyBlender. It's always good to have backups if your mom already owns a BeautyBlender. During those special occasions where I do my mom's makeup, I have to bring an extra BB to do hers so I might as well get one for her to keep. The best part of the BB is that you can use it for skincare if you don't wear foundation!

• What are your top 3 non-makeup products from Sephora for a mom is not so into makeup? (Ex. hair, fragrance, supplements)

1. Skincare. Tatcha The Dewy Skin Cream Plumping & Hydrating Moisturizer 1.7 oz / 50 mLFor my mother with dry skin who appreciates a good face moisturizer.

2. Fragrance. JO MALONE LONDON - Star Magnolia Hair Mist

I picked this up for her when it first launched a few years back and getting her a backup wouldn't hurt. The scent is very lovely and I find you can use it as both a fragrance mist and a hair mist.

3. Supplements. HUM NUTRITION - Glow Sweet Glow Skin Hydration - Vegan Gummies These have been my secret for glowing skin since this product came out and why not share my glow with my mom? 😉

• Maybe YOU are the one being celebrated! How would you treat yourself if you could get anything... we mean ANYTHING from Sephora?

If I had to choose a single product for myself, I would go with the DYSON - Airwrap™ Styleras it's been in my wish list since it came out.

The GLOW SWEET GLOW gummies are such an amazing gift for Mom! xo and enjoy!

Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • 225F8760-E009-4FEB-A6A2-A1261F899283.png
  • 9F880030-EF38-4D7D-88DD-943D8E043490.png
testing