Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Opinions Wanted: Best Mother's Day Gifts

Motherโ€™s Day is just around the corner and it is also one of my favorite days of the year because we get to celebrate, show our love, and appreciation for ALL the amazing moms around us.

We know there is no gift that will ever be perfect enough for these beautiful women who have given their all, but we know the BIC gives the best product and gifting advice for any occasion. We thought it would be fun to hear from YOU and also help each other make gifting a little bit easier this Motherโ€™s Day. Make sure you click the reply button if you want your thoughts and preferences included!

• What are your top 3 products from Sephora for the mom who is beauty obsessed with beauty but seems to have it all already?
  • What are your top 3 non-makeup products from Sephora for a mom is not so into makeup? (Ex. hair, fragrance, supplements)
  • Maybe YOU are the one being celebrated! How would you treat yourself if you could get anything... we mean ANYTHING from Sephora?

Comment below with your recommendations. We canโ€™t wait to share the results back with you all!  

Re: Opinions Wanted: Best Mother's Day Gifts

I love the idea of the four sigmatic coffee. I remebered that someone told me there was a warning label on it. I just looked at the product again and saw there is a warning about possible exposure to things like lead. Does anyone have any additional info about this?

My gift kinda fits in with @niki172. A few years ago my mom was diagnosed with basel cell carcinoma on her nose.  This meant she would need to wear sunscreen religiously.  I bought her the Sephora Sun Safety Kit so she could find a sunscreen she might like.  Mom found a moisturizer with an SPF that she really likes; however, it's far more than she is willing to spend.  Thus, for Mother's Day, I buy Mom Perricone MD Vitamin C Ester Photo Brightening Moisturizer SPF 30.

• What are your top 3 products from Sephora for the mom who is beauty obsessed with beauty but seems to have it all already?

Beauty starts with a good base:

You can never have enough sunscreen

SUPERGOOP! - Unseen Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 40

A hydrating lip balm from KOPARI - Coconut Lip Glossy or the new LANEIGE - Lip Glowy Balm

A hydrating mist Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Mist 1.35 oz/ 40 mLFARSรLI - Rose Gold 24K Skin Mist, CAUDALIE - Beauty Elixir, OMOROVICZA - Queen of Hungary Mist

• What are your top 3 non-makeup products from Sephora for a mom is not so into makeup? (Ex. hair, fragrance, supplements)

MOUNT LAI - De-Puffing Jade Facial Roller Mini or Mount Lai De-Puffing Jade Facial Roller StandardThis could be added to a skincare kit DRUNK ELEPHANT - The Littlesโ„ข, TATCHA - Bestsellers Set

Candles from Voluspa or Nest

L'OCCITANE - Shea Butter Foot Cream, L'OCCITANE - Rifle Paper Co. Almond Discovery Kit

Fragrance kit from the Sephora Favorites Set

• Maybe YOU are the one being celebrated! How would you treat yourself if you could get anything... we mean ANYTHING from Sephora?

I would get myself skincare from La Mer, Tatcha or Omorovicza whether it be a skin care kit from those brands or face masks. As a Mom of a toddler and having another one on the way I believe we sometimes forget to treat ourselves because we are so busy taking care of others. We need โ€œme timeโ€ and what perfect way then to treat yourself to a mini facial. 

@SportyGirly125 Congratulations on your pregnancy, so exciting! ๐Ÿ˜„โ™ก 

You're so right, often we become consumed by taking care of the people around us, and we put ourselves on the back burner. Me time is so important! 

"You can't pour from an empty cup."

@bakeamuffin yes!!!  ^this!!!! 

@bakeamuffin Thank you. 

"You can't pour from an empty cup," @bakeamuffin this is a little piece of gold!

My mom likes gift sets and items she normally thinks twice about buying for herself. 

She has asked me about silk pillowcases recently, so Iโ€™m really considering Slip Silk Pillowcase - King Caramel

My mom isnโ€™t big into makeup, but I still love shopping for her at Sephora. Gifts Iโ€™m considering for her:

Fragrance: NEST - Discovery Setto try something new, or her favorite fragrance

Hand and/or body cream: ORIGINS - Ginger Souffleโ„ข Whipped Body Cream, Skinfix Eczema+ Hand Repair Cream 3 oz/ 89 mL

Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Visibly Firming Refillable Body Cream 8.1 oz/ 240 mL

Candles: Nest, Voluspa, Jo Malone

SEPHORA FAVORITES - Lashstash To Go

My Mom really isn't into makeup (I've tried my hardest to get her to shake up her go to look of foundation, a taupe eyeshadow, and mascara with maybe a rose-colored lippie) and that's not happening any time soon. Since this upcoming Mother's Day means a lot to me since it is the first one since my mother got diagnosed with breast cancer (she caught it early, has already had surgery, radiation, and is currently going thru chemo) we are very confident that she will beat this, but the effects of everything does take a toll on a person. Since laughter is the best medicine I am going to share a story from a Mother's Day I will never forget (please forgive me for sharing here but it does tie in a bit to question #2):

So I was about eleven years old and I used to watch my mother put on her makeup like a lot of us do growing up. She put down a cosmetic jar and sighed saying "I really like this stuff, but it's really expensive. This will be my last jar." Mind you this was about a week or so before Mother's Day so it was fresh in my mind. The Saturday before Mother's Day my Dad came to us kids in a panic and said "I don't know what to get your Mom. Do you have any suggestions??" The ol' light bulb lit up for me and I said that I knew what Mom would love to have - a jar of that cosmetic item that she deemed too expensive. I gave the jar to my Dad and we went to the local Macy's. The lady at the Lancome counter gave my father a funny look, but she sold him the jar of cosmetics anyways without explaining what in the world he was buying for his wife (mind you the majority of the packaging was in French and neither of us speak the language). The next day was the big day, and I was just bursting with pride knowing that I had helped get my Mom something I knew she would love. She opened up the wrapped box, looked inside, and then looked at my Dad and asked "Do I really look that bad?" Perplexed my Dad said "But the kids said you wanted more of this, but didn't want to spend the money on it, so I thought it would make you happy." My Mom turned to my Dad with a laugh and said "Dan this is anti age cream." My Dad got flustered and stammered about how he doesn't speak French, that my Mom looked fabulous and didn't need the stuff anyways, but it didn't matter. My Mom found it hilarious even more so since her eleven year old daughter helped to pick it out. So each year I joke with her about what anti age product would she like to get from us kids. The funny thing is that she IS getting another anti age product, but it was by accident. Because of the chemo/radiation she has to use a good SPF that is hypoallergenic. I searched around and stumbled upon Murad's SPF 30 PA+++ that just happens to be another anti age product yet again (it says so right on the label in English so there's no confusion this time). I laughed really hard when I picked it up from the store, and I truly hope my Mom gets a kick out of it as well. To all the Moms out there I hope you have a lovely day <3.

@niki172 This story is pure gold!  I love that you have a little tradition going on.  And best wishes to you mom and her health.  

Aw, I hope you and your mom have a lovely day, @niki172!

Thank you so much @curlychiquita . I really hope so too - I'm trying to get a surprise for her that I know she has wanted. Hopefully everything will come together.

I love this story, @niki172 !   I hope your mom is feeling better and that she enjoys her gift! โค๏ธ

Thank you @Tamara76 ๐Ÿ’—. We have some not great days, but that's to be expected unfortunately. Hopefully they'll be less and less soon.

I hope you have a great day with your mom @niki172 !  I'll bet she'll love her gift!

Your story made me cry @niki172 . I lost my mom 7 years ago but she had a long and mostly healthy life. She passed on her love of beauty and fashion to me. I know that she is smiling down at me . On the good news side I may be receiving my best Motherโ€™s Day Gift, in awhile that my son will be able to celebrate it with me in person this year.

I hope you have a lovely day with your son @Loretta55  what a great gift :).

That is the best gift @niki172 ! Thank you 

That was a really beautiful story @niki172 โ™ก so funny that it turned out to be an anti-aging cream ๐Ÿ˜‚ I hope the nurse sunscreen will work well for her, she is lucky to have a daughter who is so mindful and caring. 

Thank you @bakeamuffin . We kids are the lucky ones - my Mom gave us life, an awesome childhood, and has never made us second fiddle to anyone/anything (except Dad) even as adults.

Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • 225F8760-E009-4FEB-A6A2-A1261F899283.png
  • 9F880030-EF38-4D7D-88DD-943D8E043490.png
testing