Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

No more CMs.... WOW

IS ANYONE ELSE THAT'S ROUGE MASSIVELY ANNOYED THAT THEY'RE NOT ALLOWING CUSTOM MAKEOVERS ANYMORE?? This literally must've just happened in the past 3 days because I was just booking my reservations preparing for Halloween. 

Let's start off with the fact that we're already spending $1000.00++++ a year to keep this dumb title and the coolest perk was being able to book yourself a makeup appointment at any time, free. Now I doubt I'll be spending $1k+ a year at Sephora since I buy mainly skincare and it makes no sense for me to use Sephora if they're ending this program. I'll just buy from Drunk Elephant directly. 

When you're lazy like I am, or have anxiety/depression it's hard enough getting out of bed every day, let alone trying to do your makeup. For me, this program was awesome because I just had to book the appointment beforehand, set an alarm and be on my merry way. It saved me tons of time, trial and error and was incredibly fun and relaxing. 

It's not like these MUA's in the Beauty Studio are making commission off each CM. They're not even allowed to take tips. So why is this the new thing?? Seems like people were always able to get their makeup done, granted they paid the $50 necessary (which isn't hard at all) but it was a nice perk for the people spending the most money at Sephora. Now we're going to be charged like everyone else? 

Nah, I'm good luv, enjoy. 

UPDATE:

This is the newe language being used when you try to book a CM. 

They're now called Makeup Deluxe: The Full Face Makeover.... 

"Special event around the corner? Come get ready with us. A Beauty Advisor will work with you to create the perfect full-face look that flatters your features, whether it's soft and subdued or bright and bold. Free with $50 purchase."

Whereas, the Custom Makeover language says this: 

"Update your look at the Beauty Studio with a full-face makeover-complimentary with a $50 minimum purchase and FREE for VIB Rouge members."

So no, I don't think I am mistaken at all. You can't even book a Custom Makeover anymore. The closest thing to it would be this Makeup Deluxe: The Full Face Makeover which is great, cool.... but it doesn't say free for Rouge. STILL MASSIVELY ANNOYED. 

Re: No more CMs.... WOW

Omg I agree with every word you said. Not rushing to spend that money ANYMORE!!! I'm beyond pissed that this was not announced better f*** them

@brittani19 Makeovers are still free for Rouges.

OMG I THOUGHT I WAS CRAZYYYY! Let’s take to Twitter. Maybe we’ll get at least a reason why they’re doing this. 

I have just learned of this, too! I keep looking for that place where it used to say "FREE" but now I am hesitant to book at all since i don't see that anywhere. Also noticed *2 not 3* free samples recently... I was committed to Sephora because of all of the perks but as they vanish so may I!

This seriously annoys me to no end since one of the reasons I wanted to be rouge was for these. What are the benefits that Sephora is replacing this with? 

Agreed. What's the purpose of collecting points when you can't use them (besides on dinky 100 point samples). My "free" shipping isn't expedited, it's usually always a week to arrive. And no more makeovers? Since becoming rouge, I haven't even used 1 makeover, but now that I need to book 1, it's annoying that I can't. Most of the product websites offer sales, or better deals than Sephora. I'll order from the product website in the future. 

Also, just called my local store on a service I made online. The first SA told me the program had ended. I asked if it's remaining until the end of 2018. She passed me off to someone else who said "their store is honoring the program until the end of 2018". 

Hi @Kitty7291,

As @RGbrown mentioned!

Rouge members still receive free custom makeovers with no minimum purchase for the remainder of 2018. Don’t forget, all Beauty Insider members receive free 45-minute custom makeovers when you spend $50 or more.  An appointment is required for all custom makeovers, visit https://www.sephora.com/store-location-events to make an appointment.  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Customer-Support/Beauty-Insider-Program-Updates-FAQS/td-p/4114842

Feel free to PM me if you have further questions!

-Mali 

FYI - this link is broken -does not work anymore

@MaliBTUnidentified

This is what I get when I click on the store events link you posted. When I navigate to the current reservation link, all that shows up are either the free mini sessions or 60 minute makeovers. Weren't the free Rouge makeovers 45 minutes? The 60 minute sessions make no mention of being free for Rouge anymore, but is that what Rouges are supposed to book now?Screenshot_20180927-171858.png

EXACTLY!!!!! 

This is the new language being used when you try to book a CM. 

They're now called Makeup Deluxe: The Full Face Makeover.... 

"Special event around the corner? Come get ready with us. A Beauty Advisor will work with you to create the perfect full-face look that flatters your features, whether it's soft and subdued or bright and bold. Free with $50 purchase."

Whereas, the Custom Makeover language says this: 

"Update your look at the Beauty Studio with a full-face makeover-complimentary with a $50 minimum purchase and FREE for VIB Rouge members."

@RGbrown,

Oh sorry! So this is the correct link and it is accessible via desktop or laptop > https://www.sephora.com/happening/home. Thanks!

-Mali 

@MaliBTUnidentified

Thanks for the updated link; however, free 45 minute rouge makeovers are not there. The only options are the 15 minute mini sessions and a 60 minute full makeover. Is the 60 minute session the "new" free Rouge makeover?

@RGbrown

That is a good question! I would call your local Sephora to schedule your free appointment. If you have any trouble feel free to send me a PM.

-Mali 

@MaliBTUnidentified

I don't actually use the makeovers, but wanted info to pass along to the myriad of folks asking questions now that Sephora has seemingly erased the Rouge makeovers from the site, even though they should be good through the end of the year. Thanks for the help anyways 😊

@RGbrown

I see! Thank you for clarifying! 🙂

-Mali 

@Kitty7291Unidentified

Whoever told you they are no longer free is misinformed; the terms of the program clearly states this is still a benefit through the end of year. What happens next year isn't clear yet, but I do assume they will be going away then...

https://www.sephora.com/terms-conditions-beauty-insider

Screenshot_20180926-124530.png

16 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 22 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
Photos2
  • Screenshot_20180926-124530.png
  • Screenshot_20180927-171858.png
testing