Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Newness Alert: Anastasia Prism Palette

UPDATE: Prism is now available on sephora.com and will be available on Sephora.CA on 10/17. 

So a little birdy told us that Anastasia Beverly Hills would be launching a brand new palette this holiday called Prism. Needless to say, the anticipation has been driving the whole team bananas so I just about lost it when I found out there was a Prism palette in the office the other day! We just had to borrow this little beauty to swatch and create some eye looks for our favorite beauty lovers. 

Here's the packaging – sleek, black velvet (of course) with gold design, I love this packaging design!

Prism Outer Packaging.jpg

Onto the inside of the palette! Similar to ABH’s other eyeshadow palettes the Prism palette has 14 shades but these colors are truly unique. These shades are perfect for a makeup lover who's all about metallic shades or someone who wants to experiment with new eye looks. 

Prism Inside.jpg

This palette really pushed me out of my comfort zone so if you're looking for something you can't find anywhere else this palette is for you. Prism features dark metallics, pigmented golden tones and some bright, unexpected shades as well. (Why, hello Sphere!) Of course, there are a few everyday colors as well which make the palette versatile for neutral look as well.

First, swatches!Top row of Prism Palette shadesTop row of Prism Palette shades

Bottom row of Prism Palette shadesBottom row of Prism Palette shades

Rachel and I played with a couple different looks to show you a few of the possibilities. We are both OBSESSED with the metallics! (Sphinx, Osiris and especially Pyramid!) 

In this first look, @RachelBT applied Eden as the base, with Sphinx and Eternal along the lash line. She then blended Eternal and Lure blended in the crease for some definition.

Eden as the base, with Sphinx and Eternal along the lash line. Eternal and Lure blended in the crease.Eden as the base, with Sphinx and Eternal along the lash line. Eternal and Lure blended in the crease.

For my first look I used Unity as the base and added Lure in the crease... Lure is SO pigmented IRL. I then added Lucid in the inner-corner and first half of the lid to brighten. Also, sorry I look so moody, I was very focused of capturing the different shades in this look 😛 

Lure as the base, Parallel in the crease and Lucin in the inner-corner and first half of the lid.Lure as the base, Parallel in the crease and Lucin in the inner-corner and first half of the lid.

In this second look I applied Parallel as a crease and down onto my lid... Super dark on my skintone and very pretty! Then I used my fingers to pack on Dimension across my lid, the combination of these two is beautiful! 

Parallel on the crease and lid, Dimension layered across my lid.Parallel on the crease and lid, Dimension layered across my lid.This last one is my favorite!  I applied Unity as a base and Eden on my lid and into my crease. Than I layered a bit of Eternal up by my crease and padded Pyramid across my lid using my finger. I finished with Lucid in my inner corner. Unity as a base, Edon on my lid and crease with Eternal and Pyramid across the lid.Unity as a base, Edon on my lid and crease with Eternal and Pyramid across the lid.

Similar to Modern Renaissance and Subculture, a little goes a long way with the matte shades. To avoid kick up when using the matte shades, I recommend dabbing very lightly with your brush and tapping it vertically to make sure you don't overdo it. If you have too little on your brush you can always go back in with more pigment! I am generally intimidated by darker eyeshadows, and sure enough I thought I ruined my look when I applied Parallel because it's so pigmented (100% user error). After some blending I was left with a smoky look I really loved (two photos above)!  

While the mattes applied very easily with the brush, the metallics don't work well with the brush, so I recommend using your finger instead. It makes all the difference! In my opinion, the metallics are my favorite part of this palette and make it worth picking up, especially with the holidays around the corner!

This palette will launch on Sephora.com for the US and Canada. Let us know your thoughts and be sure to ask your questions below!

EDIT: We are still confirming the launch timing. I will update this post once we confirm a date for the online and in-store launch. 

Re: RE: Newness Alert: Anastasia Prism Palette

@jrigs613 we are still confirming our launch date, I'll update the original post once we're confirmed 🙂 

And thank you so much! This palette is gorgeous so it was pretty easy to create a variety of looks with it!

Re: RE: Newness Alert: Anastasia Prism Palette

@jrigs613 

abh site: 10/2

sephora, ulta, macy's, dillard's online: 10/3

in store: 10/15

Re: Newness Alert: Anastasia Prism Palette

how exciting! jealous of you all over in the office. love the looks you both created @KatieBT @RachelBT

@katgoulding aw thank you very much! This was a very exciting day in the office.. We're pretty spoiled over here 🙂 

I'm going to be very tempted to get this palette when it comes out.

I'm a sucker for Metallics!  These look what I had hoped Subculture was more like.  🦄

@sarahshter these metallics are everyyyythinggg! We were just staring at our arms when we swatched them at first!

Thanks for the swatches! 🙂

This looks beautiful on both of you @KatieBT and @RachelBT. I love metallics!

Would you say the formula seems closer to Modern Renaissance or Subculture? Or too difficult to compare?

@PrettyPaint Prism seems different because there are more metallic shades than previous ABH palettes. 

Similar to previous ABH palettes, the darker shades are very pigmented and you must dip your brush in lightly or you'll pick up too much product. Does that make sense? 

Thanks @KatieBT That makes sense. I think I'm most excited about the metallics!

Anonymous Insider

I would like to know how the formula compared as well 🙂

How exciting! Looks like another gorgeous palette to add to my collection 🙈😁

222 Replies
testing