Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Newness Alert: Anastasia Prism Palette

UPDATE: Prism is now available on sephora.com and will be available on Sephora.CA on 10/17. 

So a little birdy told us that Anastasia Beverly Hills would be launching a brand new palette this holiday called Prism. Needless to say, the anticipation has been driving the whole team bananas so I just about lost it when I found out there was a Prism palette in the office the other day! We just had to borrow this little beauty to swatch and create some eye looks for our favorite beauty lovers. 

Here's the packaging – sleek, black velvet (of course) with gold design, I love this packaging design!

Prism Outer Packaging.jpg

Onto the inside of the palette! Similar to ABH’s other eyeshadow palettes the Prism palette has 14 shades but these colors are truly unique. These shades are perfect for a makeup lover who's all about metallic shades or someone who wants to experiment with new eye looks. 

Prism Inside.jpg

This palette really pushed me out of my comfort zone so if you're looking for something you can't find anywhere else this palette is for you. Prism features dark metallics, pigmented golden tones and some bright, unexpected shades as well. (Why, hello Sphere!) Of course, there are a few everyday colors as well which make the palette versatile for neutral look as well.

First, swatches!Top row of Prism Palette shadesTop row of Prism Palette shades

Bottom row of Prism Palette shadesBottom row of Prism Palette shades

Rachel and I played with a couple different looks to show you a few of the possibilities. We are both OBSESSED with the metallics! (Sphinx, Osiris and especially Pyramid!) 

In this first look, @RachelBT applied Eden as the base, with Sphinx and Eternal along the lash line. She then blended Eternal and Lure blended in the crease for some definition.

Eden as the base, with Sphinx and Eternal along the lash line. Eternal and Lure blended in the crease.Eden as the base, with Sphinx and Eternal along the lash line. Eternal and Lure blended in the crease.

For my first look I used Unity as the base and added Lure in the crease... Lure is SO pigmented IRL. I then added Lucid in the inner-corner and first half of the lid to brighten. Also, sorry I look so moody, I was very focused of capturing the different shades in this look 😛 

Lure as the base, Parallel in the crease and Lucin in the inner-corner and first half of the lid.Lure as the base, Parallel in the crease and Lucin in the inner-corner and first half of the lid.

In this second look I applied Parallel as a crease and down onto my lid... Super dark on my skintone and very pretty! Then I used my fingers to pack on Dimension across my lid, the combination of these two is beautiful! 

Parallel on the crease and lid, Dimension layered across my lid.Parallel on the crease and lid, Dimension layered across my lid.This last one is my favorite!  I applied Unity as a base and Eden on my lid and into my crease. Than I layered a bit of Eternal up by my crease and padded Pyramid across my lid using my finger. I finished with Lucid in my inner corner. Unity as a base, Edon on my lid and crease with Eternal and Pyramid across the lid.Unity as a base, Edon on my lid and crease with Eternal and Pyramid across the lid.

Similar to Modern Renaissance and Subculture, a little goes a long way with the matte shades. To avoid kick up when using the matte shades, I recommend dabbing very lightly with your brush and tapping it vertically to make sure you don't overdo it. If you have too little on your brush you can always go back in with more pigment! I am generally intimidated by darker eyeshadows, and sure enough I thought I ruined my look when I applied Parallel because it's so pigmented (100% user error). After some blending I was left with a smoky look I really loved (two photos above)!  

While the mattes applied very easily with the brush, the metallics don't work well with the brush, so I recommend using your finger instead. It makes all the difference! In my opinion, the metallics are my favorite part of this palette and make it worth picking up, especially with the holidays around the corner!

This palette will launch on Sephora.com for the US and Canada. Let us know your thoughts and be sure to ask your questions below!

EDIT: We are still confirming the launch timing. I will update this post once we confirm a date for the online and in-store launch. 

Anonymous Insider

Re: Newness Alert: Anastasia Prism Palette

Will it be available in stores too or online only? 

@Anonymous It is showing up in stock at like all the stores near my office (NYC). I'm not sure if that is accurate but you could use the zip code search and call your local sephora. 

I have another update! Prism will be launching in Canada on 10/17 😄

Anonymous Insider

Why is it launching on Sephora US but not CAD at the same...

Why is it launching on Sephora US but not CAD at the same time? I even tried getting it on Macy's and ULTA but it wouldn't let me purchase so now I have to wait till the 17th to get it which really sucks because I want this palette to add to my collection.

I just bought this on Sephora.com but you have to search for it right now. It's not listed under the New Arrivals yet. Just an FYI.. Also, use Ebates and you can get 4% cash back! Use my code and well both get an extra gift! 

The Prism Palette is now available on the Ulta website it's 2:15am EST for me. 

I bought mine from Ulta since I am having trouble getting into Sephora on my devices. Mr. Rebates is 6% for Ulta and I had some Ulta reward money to use so it was even cheaper for me.

Anonymous Insider

Hey girl do you know about what time the Sephora website usually launches new releases on makeup? Was hoping to snag one of these and want to be sure I do before it sells out!

it is available online right now in Sephora.com. search prism on search bar

Hi @Anonymous.  I have answered this question for you on the thread you created. Be sure to check it out.

Anonymous Insider

Thank you!! 

I finally have an update on timing! I was told that the palette is going to be in stock tomorrow on Sephora.com. I highly recommend looking in the morning just in case it sells out quickly!

From what I hear it won't be coming to Sephora.CA tomorrow so I will keep everyone up North in the loop as we get a better idea of the time this will be available in Canada.  

IMG_0941.PNG

Omg thank you I've been waiting to order this palette since wensday

@KatieBT Thank you for the update 

I really love ABH but I feel like this really reminds me of the UD Vice 2, it's all I can think about when I look at it, so as much as I want to pick it up for the collection, I can't help but feel like I am buying something I already have (and don't use as much as I should)

Wish I read this before I bought Prism 🙂 I have the regular Vice and now that I think of it I think there are colors that do look the same. Either way I really like MR palette, so am happy to add another ABH palette to my collection.

RE: Newness Alert: Anastasia Prism Palette

I got my palette Friday/Saturday and I really like it! It feels very festive with all the gold glitter it has and if anyone is worried about how it blends - it is much more like Modern Renaissance than Subculture so no worries there.

RE: Newness Alert: Anastasia Prism Palette

I got my palette Friday/Saturday and I really like it! It feels very festive with all the gold glitter it has and if anyone is worried about how it blends - it is much more like Modern Renaissance than Subculture so no worries there.

I was on the Anastasia website today and the Prism palett...

I was on the Anastasia website today and the Prism palette is sold out. I'm so glad I jumped on it and got it the first day. I think they should be restocking it, fingers crossed.
222 Replies
testing