Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

New to Community? Here are 3 Steps to Get Started

Hello beautiful people! Although many of you are familiar with the Beauty Insider Community – aka the BIC - we wanted to give some tips on how to navigate if you are new around here!

If you are new, first of all, we want to welcome you to Sephora’s Beauty Insider Community, your one-stop destination to share beauty advice, inspiration, news, and recommendations with real people in real time. We want you to feel comfortable in the BIC, so in the video above, Team BIC members @KatieBT and @BrendaBT outline the first 3 basic steps to get started.

Step 1:

First step, let’s work on your Profile! Pick a user name, add a photo, and tell us more about you!

Step 2:

Join groups! Head to the Groups page to browse and join different groups that speak to you and find conversations based on your beauty interests.

Step 3:

Introduce yourself in our latest New Member Monday thread, which we feature  the first Monday of every month! Need a little help figuring out how to post a reply or start a new thread in Community? No problem - check out our thread How to Post in Community thread and video.

This Community is a place for friendly discussion, questions, photo sharing, product recommendations, sharing experiences, and connecting with other beauty lovers like yourself – whether you’re a pro or a newbie, or somewhere in between.

We’re so excited you’re here! If you ever have any questions, do not hesitate to ask -- this community LOVES to help.

Now, which part of the BIC are you most excited to explore?  Let us know by hitting the reply button below!

Re: New to Community? Here are 3 Steps to Get Started

What a beautiful video and intro, @TeamBIC! Couldn’t help but smile all the way through, you are absolutely right-some of the kindest people are right here:)

RE: New to Community? Here are 3 Steps to Get Started

Advice on applying makeup

Start with washing your face, moisturizing and then priming! The base of the makeup is the most important 🙂

This was a great intro for new users. I know I personally lurked for some time before posting and there wasn't a new member thread when I joined. I would also suggest also making posts that are specific instead of just titled "Help!!!"

What really resonated with me about this video was mentioning how nice and kind the BIC folks are. I still can't believe how lovely everyone is here.

@sprocketta Love your kind words! Do you remember what your first post was? aka what made you make the jump from lurkin'? 🙂 So glad you did btw!

@AlexBT Here's my first post. It was VERY tentative, as you can see. I was fixating on getting a new foundation. I never took the class, just read lots of reviews and made a few trips to the store. Ultimately I settled on the IT Cosmetics cc cream. That stuff is amazing! Funny I was so set on this, because I rarely wear base makeup. But I tend to get my mind on a certain type if product and then research compulsively and buy. But now I always ask for BIC opinions too.

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Complexion-Club/Sephora-Foundation-Class/m-p/3718768

Great video @KatieBT @BrendaBT You both look so cute ❤️

Hello! I have been a member for a while and have reviewed a few products that I purchased online via the Sephora app. Why are my reviews not showing as “Verified Purchases?”

Such a great video!! Love this community ❤️❤️

Great video @KatieBT @BrendaBT!❤️❤️❤️

RE: Re: New to Community? Here are 3 Steps to Get Started

Where is the video?

Re: RE: Re: New to Community? Here are 3 Steps to Get Started

@Jstarlover1 it's at the top of the thread.

@KatieBT @BrendaBT   You both look so beautiful and are perfect on camera. What a sweet and welcoming video. Love it! 

Looking Fabulous as usual Lady @BrendaBT  and Lady @KatieBT !!! You All should host a Talk Show, it is so easy to watch your fun spirits on video all day  🙂

This definitely would have encouraged me to join such a fun and uplifting place asap!!! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Love the video! We have a great community here 🙂

@KatieBT @BrendaBT 
I loved the video ❤️❤️ You ladies are always photo/camera ready!! 

I was glad to see this video.  I think I'll be more engaging with this community.

Thanks for the advice. I'm looking for a nice group to get and share advice.  I already like it here. Now off to finish that profile.

@TeamBIC This is a great video 🙂 Yes, everyone is very helpful at BIC ❤️

Side note: in my mind, I have been pronouncing it "bick" the whole time!!

@pocketvenus, I've always said bick, too! 😆

@pocketvenus, I've always said bick, too! 😆

@pocketvenus  Haha, yes, this is how I've always pronounced it as well. 

testing