cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|
Anonymous Insider

New Stay at home mom, what to do.. need a LIFE

22 year old stay at home mom who needs friends or something to do or a hobby or anything really ?! any tips on how to not be so lonely or what are most young women my age doing these days ?

Re: New Stay at home mom, what to do.. need a LIFE

I also made friends with other young mothers. We even had a Mom club 🙂 

When my son was 1 year old, I called duo security custome service, figured everything out and started working remotely, so I didn't have so much free time anymore, but I'm still in touch with those women and we meet now and then.

I made couple of friends on the playground

@Anonymous  Not a mom but I work remotely since moving to a new town where I know no one but my SO and cat.  Are there craft stores near you?  Many have classes during the day. Maybe go to one. I tried knitting and crochet. I really like cross stitching though. Places like Michaels do cake decorating and painting too. Libraries may have a story time where you could meet other moms if you want 

Hi, @Anonymous!  I'm not a mom unless you count my cat so I won't try to give you any advice in that area.  I can give you a hobby suggestion:  crochet or knitting.  I crochet and find it a relaxing activity after a stressful day.  It's also the type of hobby you can pick up, crochet/knit one stitch and put down again--you don't have to dedicate a lot of time to it at one time.  There are a ton of free patterns on the Internet, yarn manufacturer websites, blogs, Ravelry, etc.  Not to mention all the pretty yarns!

Anonymous Insider

thank you so much for the advice I really appreciate it , I will defiantly give it a try (: 

You’ve definitely found an amazing place here, @Anonymous ❤️ . First off, welcome to motherhood! It can be full of frustration, tears and like you said...loneliness. But the rewards exceed all of that. We’d all be lying if we said we didn’t need a time out from being a mom every once in a while and self-care is crucial. 

I know in in the beginning, I fell into the black hole of leggings, t-shirts with no makeup and hair up. It’s something we all do. We say we aren’t going to let ourselves go, but we inevitably do. Especially when we don’t even have time to shower or eat hot food! Especially when we are lucky enough to stay at home. It’s like...I’m not going anywhere. Why put on makeup? Why do my hair? 😩😩😩

I found motivation here, on the BIC. It was a place for me to discuss things I love with other women who share the same thing....something other than being a wife and mom. You being a young mom, you may feel like you’re missing out. You may be one of the only female out of your friends with kids. I was. I’m 38 now and believe me, I didn’t miss out on anything. 

Mommy and me groups are great, but you need something for you and only you. Self-care is self-preservation. If you love makeup, start a blog. Start an instagram. Start here, on the BIC. One thing I can say whole heartedly is that every woman here is amazing. This is our little hideaway from all the stressors in life. ❤️❤️❤️

Anonymous Insider

You hit the Nail on the Head with this reply Thank You so much for commenting it really helps knowing there are others out there like me LOL!! I love it "our little hideaway from all stressors in life" Finally I Found IT! ❤️

@darlyndar 👏👏👏👏 Couldn’t have said it any better.  I think we let our looks go mainly due to lack of sleep. I remember not being able to take a shower and when I did it was a victory of yay me time for a couple of minutes. 

@Anonymous I second the Mommy and Me groups. I heard about them but have never joined but was offered the opportunity 

New Stay at home mom, what to do.. need a LIFE

@Anonymous being on Bic has helped me sooooo much! where are you from?

You can try a mommy& me group in your area or taking your baby to the park where you will meet other moms to socialize with.

Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 38 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
testing