cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

New Member Monday: October Edition!

KatieBT_and_ Brieutiful.jpeg

Happy New Member Monday, BIC! Can you all believe it’s already October? Which means it’s officially fall and time to take a moment to welcome all the new Beauty Insider Community members or anyone who hasn’t gotten the chance to introduce themselves yet.

We love making new friends around here, so don’t be shy, we want to meet you and talk about our mutual love for all things beauty.

New members! Please introduce yourself and tell us your go-to fall beauty product!

P.S. If you’re a new friend from SEPHORiA be sure to let us know in your reply!

Re: RE: New Member Monday: October Edition!

Welcome to BIC @desi8509 

@desi8509 Welcome! Those are some good brands. What Korean / Japanese skincare brands do you like? 

@desi8509 Welcome to BIC!

@desi8509 Welcome!

Welcome to the BIC @desi8509!

@desi8509 Welcome!

Welcome, @desi8509 ! 

I love your Collector vs. Addict distinction!  Me too!

Welcome @desi8509! 😃 There are so many wonderful Korean and Japanese skincare products! 🥰I only wish I had more than one face so I could try more of them! 😉

Hello @desi8509

I love PM too, she’s definitely a favourite in the BIC! CC4475A0-90AF-4983-AD29-E00E6664DA75.gif

@desi8509  Welcome ❤️

Welcome to BIC @desi8509! 🙂

Re: New Member Monday: October Edition!

Hi, I'm not exactly "new' but have been buying from Sephora since July of this year. I hit Rouge pretty fast because I bought everything that I liked! A lot of it was the higher end products and of course, skin care. I am almost 50 and just decided to start taking better care of myself. It's about time as I put all of me into my son, step kids and husband for the last 25 years and kind of neglected myself and what I wanted was always last on the list. I've come to the realization that I won't live forever, my son is now old enough to feed and bathe himself (He is 15), my step kiddos are living their own lives(they're in their 30's) and my husband has now hit senior status, so sitting on the couch is his main priority these days!(LOL) So, now it's ME time! 

My absolute "go to" products for this fall and winter has to be skin care. I live in Northern Canada and I mean NORTHERN(burr, it is COLD and DRY) and the struggle is real, ladies!  NIOD serums/elixirs are number one on my list. Sephora does not carry NIOD and I really don't know why. They carry The Ordinary and NIOD is from the same parent company (DECIEM) and IMO, they beat TO hands down!! Yes, they cost more, a lot more, but when you compare them to other skin care serums and creams, elixirs and products, they mostly fall in line price wise. I have been using them for about 3 weeks now and the difference is telling. I'm not saying that The Ordinary is a bad product line, but it's like TO is a JEEP  CHEROKEE and NIOD is a AUDI A8. I like nice cars!

I don't have much sun damage, but my eyes are horrendous!! I have allergies and am a life long eye rubber. I have big, dark circles and a lot of fine lines and wrinkles, hooded lids and just overall they look awful. No amount of makeup or precise application could help me. I know I am going on and on, but these products excite me! So yeah, NIOD would be my go to and holy grail skin care line. 

If I had to pick something I bought at Sephora, I would say it is the Charlotte Tilbury quad in Pillow Talk and the lip kit in Pillow Talk as well. Actually I could name 10 things, but I will leave it there.

One piece of advice to you younger ladies, it is never too early to start taking care of your skin. Even investing in one skin care regimen will make a tremendous difference later in life. I sure wish I did.

Thanks so much for letting me go on and on. I love coming to this community and just browsing through all the comments and advice. I have learned a lot from you guys on here!

Welcome, @kel70! BIC is a great place to share our mutual love of beauty!

Welcome aboard @kel70 ! Congrats for taking the time to care for yourself! I’ll turn 49 in December, and last year I began changing my longtime skincare routine after my skin rebelled against various products; their longterm effects had finally caught up with me. The changes I’ve made in the last 21 months have greatly helped my skin. So I completely agree: it’s never too late to take care of your skin! 

Welcome to community @kel70 🙂 
I'm so happy you're loving community so far. I've learned so many tips and tricks from everyone here and I'm so excited for you to continue to explore!

Welcome to BIC @kel70 , It’s Great to meet you.

@kel70  Welcome to the forum. You’ll find a lot of great threads and posts about all things beauty and makeup here - which is an incredible treasure trove of unbiased information! 

Hi @kel70 ! Welcome to BIC and yay for taking some time for yourself 🙂

Welcome to the BIC @kel70!

@kel70 Welcome! I'm so glad you are finally getting some Me time and things!

Welcome, @kel70 !

Hmmm!  I think I should try NIOD serums and elixirs!  I can identify about allergies and eye rubbing, and eye area issues.

Conversation Stats
Photos9
  • KatieBT_and_ Brieutiful.jpeg
  • CC4475A0-90AF-4983-AD29-E00E6664DA75.gif
  • 16BA7D08-D837-4E27-BD59-B1C3A3014987.gif
  • 4FE0C988-2B34-4331-B13E-9873B11DE499.gif
  • E1536BCA-C269-40A7-A675-565210510C09.gif
testing