Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

New Benefits Are Coming This Month

BI Benefits Chart.jpg

We are updating the Beauty Insider program with exciting changes that include:

• More Points – VIB and Rouge now earn points faster. VIB members earn 1.25 points for every $1 spent and Rouge members earn 1.5 points for every dollar spent. (Insider members continue to earn 1 point for every dollar spent.)
  • More Choice – VIB and Rouge can now choose between a birthday gift from our brands or 250 bonus points
  • More Rewards - 5X More Rewards including our newest rewards: $100 Rouge Reward for Rouge and full size product for VIB and Rouge

In addition to these new benefits you will continue to have all the great benefits you have today; exclusive access to brands and events, unique experiences, classes, the BI Community. This is a 1st step in a multi-year journey. We are going to continue to listen to your feedback and look forward to building on this program in the future. Learn more about the Beauty Insider program updates here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Customer-Support/Beauty-Insider-Program-Updates-FAQS/td-p/4114842

In celebration of the changes to the Beauty Insider program and to thank you for your membership, you will be able to access the Beauty Insider Appreciation event from Fri 8/24 – Mon 9/3 for Rouge and Thurs 8/30 - Mon 9/3 for VIB and Insider. For more details visit the FAQs here: https://community.sephora.com/t5/Customer-Support/Beauty-Insider-Appreciation-Event-2018/td-p/411484...

Re: New Benefits Are Coming This Month

@Madisin The second one didn't work for me; not the link and not copying and pasting.

@Madisin, they didn't work for me but I tried copy-pasting the first url and it worked 🙂

The first one didn't work for me, @Madisin

This is so exciting- so many more choices!  And an extra sale!  I'm almost embarrassed to think of how quickly I might earn those 2500 points for the gift certificate.  

Skincare alone can add up to a lot of points, especially if purchased during point multiplier events.  

It's a nice perk for purchasing things you might have bought anyway.

@Ispend2much6 - I completely agree. This is going to be awesome. 🙂

Intriguing changes...excited to see how this pans out. Wish I knew before redeeming my birthday gift last week though. I wasn’t nuts about the bday gift choices this year and would have rather got points instead.

RE: New Benefits Are Coming This Month

This is amazing!! I can’t wait

I dunno. I'm hording my points. 2500 points for $100 Gift Card is like paying $25 on the Dollar. Thats mighty steep. I'll wait until the new year to see what else new comes along.

@GG84Unidentified

Agreed. I understand why folks are excited about changes to the program, but the rewards are still way overpriced. Even at the rouge tier of 1.5x, that's $1700 worth of spending to get $100 in return. Multipliers could make it all so much  more worthwhile, but I don't think Sephora is looking at increasing the frequency of those. 

@RGbrown

Not to be a negative nelly i just get the feeling this is another "SPEND ALL YOUR POINTS NOW" then they'll roll out something better. 

@GG84Unidentified

I don't think that's the case. I was lucky enough to have a call with Katie and a couple of the rewards folks at Sephora last month about the changes, and I didn't get the impression at all that this was intended to be a way to wind the current program down. They genuinely want to ramp it up, and while perhaps there will be more changes in the future that take it in a different direction, I think they're sticking with the current model for a while.

As someone who bases a lot of their purchasing decisions on a retailer's rewards program, the changes don't impress me much. My current behavior here is to get whatever I want from the 100pt stuff because I've just never found the bigger items to be worth the cost to me, and this change isn't enough to make me more loyal.

But...supposedly rewards will be better stocked so more folks can get them, along with the $100 cards for Rouge and the bump up in points earned for VIB/Rouge...it's something at least. Shows they're paying at least a bit of attention and listening to some of the feedback. 

@RGbrown

How neat! I remember that happening a few years back when they revamped the rewards system. So I was just expecting the same. 

Larger quantities are definitely a plus. I sometimes get 100 pt perks for travel. I've only cashed in one a handful of perks over the 2000pt mark.

@GG84 I'll be curious to find out if that points expiring in 18 months thing is still in place given these new changes.

@Mochapj I think your points only expire after 18 months if your account is inactive for that long. @SephoraBIC is that correct?

@mermadeloveUnidentified

@MochapjUnidentified

That's correct; points expire after 18 months of complete inactivity. Even just redeeming your bday gift once a year is enough to start the clock over. 

@RGbrown thanks! That’s what I thought!

Does anybody remember how many points it was to get the occasional $50 gift card?

@mermadelove in December I redeemed 2K for a $50.

I think reasonable is 1000 for $100. Thats ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS people lol that we spent for a gift card that will be unattainable for most of us 😋

2k for $50?!?! Omg

@GG84 I agree the conversion of $50 for 2k is poor.

however, I consider points a bonus; I already got my money’s worth with the products I paid for and the points are just a fun extra.

generally there hasnt been much enticing to me in the bazaar so I just keep building up a store of points. The idea of getting something I could use to buy whatever I want (regardless of the rate of return) was more appealing than sitting on them at the time. I ended up using them towards Pat McGrath’s decadence palette, which was points well spent to me! 😊

testing