Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

New BT Feature: Rich Linking

Raise your hand if you nerd out on website updates (Beautytester, I'm looking at you ;)). Well today I have a very cool BeautyTalk update to share with you: Rich linking!

Rich linking is just a techy term for allowing clickable images in posts. So now, when you post a product link in a thread, not only will an image of that product show up in your post, but other users can click on that image to be taken to the product page! Revolutionary, right? (that was a joke, I realize this is not revolutionary, but hey we're trying, and you have to admit, it's a pretty cool new feature.) 🙂

Here's how it works:

1. When you are starting or replying to a conversation, and you'd like to call out a product, go to the product page and copy the link from your browser.

lovemarcppage.jpg

2. Paste the product link into the conversation you are starting. After you paste the link, an image of the product will pop up below the post. If you'd just like to include the link without the product image, click the little "x" to the top right of the image to get rid of it.

postpage.jpg

3. If you'd like to keep the image but lose the link (the image will still be clickable in your post), delete the link in your post after the image has appeared. This is how I do it, because personally I don't think links are that pretty, but this step is entirely based on your preference.

deletelinkinpost.jpg

4. When you click "Post" the image will show up in your post!

imagepost.jpg

5. To get to the product page, just click on the image or the product name.

imagepostclick.jpg

6. If you'd like to post more than one product, you can do that too. Just follow the same steps, copying and pasting the product links into your post. They will show up in a product carousel at the bottom of your post.

carousel.jpg

(See what I meant about the not-so-pretty links? :))

Note, this feature only works for products (trying to post a link to see an image won't work...for now), but that's pretty much all we talk about anyway, right?

I really hope you guys enjoy this new feature - this is the first version we're rolling out, so there will be updates to it in the future, per the usual.

Let the enabling begin! 🙂

Re: New BT Feature: Rich Linking

This seems really cool, but it is not working for me 😞

Well, I gotta live up to my name 😉

YAY! Now I can post just 1 link instead of 2 links for every products I recommend. And you forgot another pro. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! When I post pictures this way, the pictures don't automatically gets added to my album!!!! I don't want my album to be flooded with pictures of every single product I recommend.

Lol, ok, continuing the nerd out streak, I think this is a loop hole or else can you tell me how to do this? When I paste a link the image shown is the default color selection, but let's say I want the image to be UD eyeliner in Goldmine, when I pasted the link, the only image that shows up is the default (smoke). Is there a way for you to select the color/options within a product? it might be a good thing to consider since sometimes people ask for specific color recommendations. 😃

ohh I like this!

LOL... Candace totally called out Beautytester!!! 😄 But I love it!!! This is perfect!!!

Thank you so much for laying it out step by step for the technology impaired like me!!!

Yay!  I remember being disappointed the first time I tried to click on a picture and realized it didn't work that way.

This is cool, makes it much easier than saving images to post a pic of a sephora product.

Thanks for sharing!!

Just one word NEAT :).

Oh! One more thing, speaking of updates. It doesn't work in blog comments yet (booo). But it will at some point, I promise. For now, it only works in thread posts.

I love it! Usually when people post the picture I search for it.. and now.. I don't have to waste time! Woot woot!

Oh my gosh this sounds amazing.  Is it live yet?  I was unable to make it work just now.

omg this is totally super cool!!!  so much easier than pasting a link AND a photo, and I love that carousel option!!   *applauds loudly*

http://www.sephora.com/love-me-eye-shadow-palette-P377426

Cool!  Thank you !  This will save time and be very helpful!

Yessss, what a great update! I agree with you @candacebt that the links are ugly, some of them are so long. 

Anonymous Insider

Love it! Saves a lot of time now that I don't have to save an image and upload it and link it.

Great! This will make long wish list posts WAY easier!

That is cool!  Total computer nerd here 🙂

Yay! Good to know I'm on the only one who cares about this. #BTgeek

This is awesome- it should condense a lot of the product recommendation threads.

Two thumbs up!

So cool! Def helps since I have trouble posting pics. Thank you!!

Very cool!  Thanks for explaining this.  :smileyhappy:

Conversation Stats
Photos6
  • lovemarcppage.jpg
  • postpage.jpg
  • deletelinkinpost.jpg
  • imagepost.jpg
  • imagepostclick.jpg
  • carousel.jpg
testing