Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Natural Makeup: Thank you Sephora, Bite, ILIA, rms beauty, lilah b., Antonym, and Axiology!

For those who know me, I love natural looks that are carried by quality products with just the right color selection to provide that natural, glowy, rosy, bronzy glow. I am so excited to have been provided these products gratis (gifts from Sephora), and I can't wait to try them out and tell you more!

Natural_Makeup_gratis.jpg

Products (hyperlinks worked into each - so glad this feature exists now in the community)

Re: Natural Makeup: Thank you Sephora, Bite, ILIA, rms beauty, lilah b., Antonym, and Axiology!

I have finally had a chance to play with all the products and wanted to share my thoughts. 
Bite Agave Lip Balm- Love this stuff! I've used the lip mask for a couple years, but this is more convenient. 
Bite Amuse Bouche Liquified Lip in Chutney- Pretty liquid lip makes me think of a richer more luxurious version of the Colourpop Ultra satin lipstick. I was a little concerned that it might migrate but I did not have any issues. Chutney is a beautiful color. 
ILIA Multi Stick in At Last- I typically use powder blush, but this was easy enough to apply and blend. The finish was not sticky which I have run into in the past with other multi sticks. 
ILIA Soft Focus Finishing Powder- This was a a miss for me. The texture is soft and appealing, but it looks chalky on me. I have also come to expect a few bells and whistles with my powders-SPF, complication enhancing formulas, fairy dust and unicorn tears. This is a no frills natural powder that does not give me all the things I want in a powder. 
rms beauty Champagne Rose Luminizer- This is subtle and lovely. I tend to use flashier highlight products but this is a very nice product of a more natural look. This is something my non-makeup wearing mom or sister could use without fear of looking like a disco ball. It is an accessible foolproof  highlighter in a very nice color. 
lilah b. Aglow Face Mist- Fancy face water! I enjoy indulging in magic face waters from time to time and this one is fresh and luxurious. Herbivore's rose hibiscus coconut water is my all time favorite this is a solid second place for me. (must also add that the packaging is very heavy and looks good on the vanity)
lilah b. Bronzed Beauty Duo- This bronzer runs a tad  to warm for me and the pan is small making it difficult to get just one of the shades on a brush. It applies well it blends well, the packaging is so sleek and pretty. 
Antonym Organic Highlighter in Endless Summer- This is a fun highlight I would love to see it on an olive or darker skintone. It is a bit sparkly (glitter) but it works as a light blush on me. 
Axiology Natural Lip Crayon in Enchant- good lip product- it held up for several hours and wore away evenly. It felt good on my lips and did not have a bothersome taste or smell. The color is perfect for fall and i did not have any issues with fethering. 
Axiology Natural Lipstick in The Goodness- I wanted to love this product- the color is super pretty the packacing is fun, but I found that it had a strange oily smell that I did not care for. It's not an overpowering smell but it was noticable throughout the day. 

Using the  Natural Lipstick in The Goodness and Antonym Organic Highlighter in Endless Summer, the rose luminizer, bronze duo and finishing powder.Using the Natural Lipstick in The Goodness and Antonym Organic Highlighter in Endless Summer, the rose luminizer, bronze duo and finishing powder.Using the Lip Crayon in Enchant , bronze duo, rose luminizer and finishing powderUsing the Lip Crayon in Enchant , bronze duo, rose luminizer and finishing powder

I just joined the discussion board. I'm curious how you a...

I just joined the discussion board. I'm curious how you all received the free makeup. Is it based on number of posts? Thanks!

Re: I just joined the discussion board. I'm curious how you a...

@fufusufan, nobody knows for sure.  Normally, i would say a mod starts randomly picks whoever posts or contributes the most to the community.  For this, i think it is just a random pick from corporation.  A few people got the gift that i had never seen posted anything here.  Most of the people are long time contributors to this community.  All i can say is come and join and just dont think too much about what gift you're going to get.  You will get lots of useful advice, tips and fun stories to light up your day.  😉

Re: Natural Makeup: Thank you Sephora, Bite, ILIA, rms beauty, lilah b., Antonym, and Axiology!

Update and some more experimentation. Keep in mind this was a fast & easy day, intended to be a natural look. I started with my regular foundation, and used the following: 

ILIA Multi Stick:  On cheeks

rms beauty Champagne Rose Luminizer:  Highlighting on cupid's bow, plus as an eye shadow (experiment on lazy-girl product multi-use)

ILIA Soft Focus Finishing Powder:  All over setting

lilah b. Bronzed Beauty Bronzer Duo:  Applied generously to cheeks, forehead, nose in all the places the sun adds color to my face when I get sun.

Antonym Organic Highlighter (Endless Summer):  First tried highlighting tops of cheek bones, then applied all over my face

Axiology Natural Lipstick (The Goodness): On my lips 🙂

NM_2017July29_AM.jpg

My initial assessment from about two weeks ago still holds for the products reviewed back then. To that, I would like to add: 

Antonym Organic Highlighter (Endless Summer):  I really struggled with this one. I'm just not a powder highlighter girl. All powder formulas tend to cling to my facial hair and accentuate it, so it's a feature that is inherent in all powder highlighters for me, and not really anything about this one. One of my favorite ways to finish my face is with some highlighting pearls from a brand that is definitely not natural, has fragrance, and is not cf. So, I used the Antonym Organic Highlighter as an all-over dusting to finish and add that full disco ball glow I like. It was ok for this purpose. Because the colors in the highlighter are heavy on the pinks, it definitely threw a slight ruddy cast. The key here is very slight. If I was opposed to using products that had synthetic fragrance and did animal testing, then this product would be a good dupe for, say, Guerlain Meterorites Pearls in Medium. If it had some other colors in there to balance out the reds, then it would be spot on. Also, for those who love powder highlighters, it would be a good one to try. Finally, the scent. There is one. It's zippy and fresh, and reminds me of apple cider vinegar. I suspect since they don't use chemical fragrance, it is what it is (nothing added to change what it is). I happen to like it, but it is worth mentioning. I am eager to try more from the brand, particularly the blush. The highlighter is high-quality, but, I'm just not a powder highlighter gal (except for all over my face, then the shade needs to be just right).

antonym_highlighter.jpg

Axiology Natural Lipstick (The Goodness):  I have a medium complexion and pigmented lips, so lighter lipstick colors are typically not great on me. I tried this one with low expectations, and wow, I was impressed. It worked great with my natural lip color, adding a frost to it and enhancing it instead of battling it. The formula was comfortable, and not excessively slippy - everything I look for in a lipstick. I am so grateful that natural, cruelty-free lipsticks exist that perform this well. I now reach for it on a regular basis, as I dig the performance and the perfect "lazy day" look it gives. The brand is on my list to investigate some more colors.

axiology_lipstick.JPG

@SheWhoSkis,

You look like a natural beauty, which is just what you are!  🙂

Endless Summer and The Goodness look wonderful on you!  What a hit!

Aw, thank you @tsavorite, you are so kind 😊

You look so lovely and fresh! This is like the makeup I'd want to wear to trick the people at work into thinking I'd gotten extra sleep, or just gotten back from vacation. You are glowing in this picture! I might have to check out the lipstick.

Thank you, @blueviolet21, you are so kind. On days where I need to fake looking bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, I add some concealer under the eye as well. Do check out the lipstick; I am surprised (delightfully so) how much I use it now. I have many to choose from, but I'm really digging this one lately.

@SheWhoSkis - You look very pretty and natural.  If I didn't know you have makeup on, I would think it's your own natural beauty!

Thank you, @Titian06, you are so kind. That is often the look I go for. It may not be the most exciting or highly skilled, but it just feels like me.

@SheWhoSkis Hope you love our Aglow Face Mist and Bronzed Beauty Bronzer Duo!

@Lilahbeauty, I am loving both so very much. The Aglow(TM) Face Mist is amazing. I really appreciate it as bridging the gap between skincare and makeup application, and it works amazing as a makeup setting spray. I'm so glad I have a makeup setting spray to replace my previous favorite with your Mist that has natural ingredients and is cruelty-free. The bronzer is great as well. It has just the right amount of shimmer, is long lasting, and the packaging feels amazing in the hand. I would love to see the bronzer available in more shades, as this one is a little warm on me. It is great (and I've been reaching for it most days) because the slight shimmer is so flattering, but having a cooler-toned version would be perfection! Also, have you considered making refill options available? The packaging is so luxurious and heavy that it is built to last. From an environmental perspective, it would be amazing to have the ability to refill the case when a loved product runs out.

Bottom line:  The products are top-quality and I really appreciate your natural and cruelty-free ethos. I am eager to try more from your brand.

Here's my look with some of the products and my full thoughts in the spoiler. 

In the picture I'm wearing the bronzer, antonym highlighter, bite liquid lipstick, and glow mist. I'd like to post a second look with the multistick, rms highlighter, and one of the axiology lipsticks.

Photo on 8-5-17 at 1.11 PM.jpg

Spoiler
- Ilia Soft Focus Finishing Powder: This is the only thing I actively dislike. I have normal-dry skin and this powder feels heavy. It also seems to take away the coverage of my concealer and leave a powdery white cast to my makeup (even though I'm already powder white lol). I definitely don't think this is safe for WOC.
- Ilia Multistick in At Last: This I LOVE. It might be my favorite thing in the box. I feather a stipple brush on the stick and apply it to my face. It can be built up to be pretty strong or gently applied for a natural finish. It has a more balmy texture than the Bite multisticks, but isn't quite as balmy or sheer as the Milk makeup multisticks.
- Lilah B. Aglow Face Mist: I'm ambivalent on this. I can only use it with a minimal base because the spray is pretty chunky. I spray it and then have to pat some spots in with a beauty blender. I'm going to keep using it, but I don't think I'd recommend it can be hard to work with. I like the Tatcha one better.
- Lilah B. Bronzer Duo - This is ok, I don't really like bronzer. This is a nice and light shade that works for my skin. The error is probably my fault because I don't really know where bronzer goes, and my cheekbone is kind of sharp so it always looks like it has a dirty line to me. I wouldn't buy this myself, but I don't buy bronzers.
- RMS champagne rose highlighter. I Looooove this so much. I'm dry and I love balmy textures, so it doesn't bother me that this never dries down. I think if you're sensitive to greasy textures you would not like this. It gives a very wet looking highlight. The color isn't very prominent which is nice for me because I'm so pale. I don't think people with oily skin would like this at all.
- Antonym Highlighter in Endless Summer - This is a verrry powdery product. If you push your brush in too hard you're going to get a lot of kickup, which I actually like. I like really powdery blushes (like Hourglass) because I find them easier to blend. This is a weird color for me so I use it like a blush topper. I hope you can see it in the picture. It isn't glittery but it does add a really nice sheen to a matte blush. When you swatch it you can see some glitter, but that doesn't transfer to the cheeks.
- Axiology Natural Lipstick in The Goodness: This is my second favorite thing in the box. It's lightweight, shimmery, and very flattering on my skintone. I hate wearing lipstick but this is very nice. The packaging is also fancy
- Axiology Natural Lip Crayon in Enchant - This is a really cool color that I thought I would hate, but it can be applied sheer or built up. It has silver/blue reflects in it and I'm excited to use it in the winter. It's pretty dry, but I pat it on with my fingers and it works well that way.
- Bite Amuse Bouche Liquid Lipstick in Chutney - again I don't like wearing lipstick and I like liquid lipsticks even less, but this is fairly comfortable. I have REALLY dry lips but this never sank into my lines or made my lips feel dry. It's heavier than a NARS lip glide but it stayed cushion like the whole time I had it on. I could only keep it on for about 4 hours before I wanted it off. I did find that if I went to long without moving my mouth, my lips were kind of glued together - but the lipstick never peeled or crumbled. I kept getting it on my teeth, but I'm a lip biter. I liked the color on me and am happy to have it, but I don't see myself buying more colors.
- Bite Agave Lip Balm - Love this. It's very thick, but my lips are very dry so it's been great. I use it every morning and night and my lips seem happy.

The Bite lipstick color is perfect! Looking forward to the second look 😍

Firstly, thank you again to Sephora and all the brands for sending these gifts.

Here are my thoughts:

Bite Agave Lip balm - Love it, I had terrible luck with the lip masks in the tube.  The product is thick so you really on need one swipe.  The balm is hydrating and gives off a shine to the lips.

Bite Amuse Bouche Liquified Lip in Chutney - Creamy and easy to apply.

ILIA Multi Stick in At Last - I only used this on my lips, it gave my lips a very light tint and shine. My lips are on the darker side so you couldn't see much color difference.

ILIA Soft Focus Finishing Powder - I have tan skin with yellow/golden undertones and every white finishing powder does the same and makes my face look "whitish."  Even with the smallest amount I still have this issue. This did the same, not as bad as others like the MUF one. But my face still had a whitish look with this.

rms beauty Champagne Rose Luminizer -  I have been using this under my brow bone and it gives it a natural glow.  I have dry skin so I put it on my eye lids and it was ok, it gave a natural glow as well but it did end up creasing within about 3 hrs. Not ideal for lids but I gave it a try. 

lilah b. Aglow Face Mist - This became my favorite real fast.  I tried it over my makeup and it was ok, it did help to make my makeup last longer but the glow part of it didn't last very long.  However, I used it several times underneath my foundation and it gives my face a beautiful luminous finish that lasts i'd say for about 8 hrs. Love it. ❤️

lilah b. Bronzed Beauty Duo - It didn't work for me at all, the shades were too light

😞

Antonym Organic Highlighter in Endless Summer -This didn't show up on m cheekbones due to my tan skin. Bummer, but I ended up mixing it with my Estee Edit bronzer and it worked out nicely. It gives my bronzer some shimmer which I love.

Axiology Natural Lip Crayon in Enchant - I tried this under the Bite Agave lip balm and it lightened the color and gave it a gorgeous shine.  Without the balm the color is much darker and no shine. The wear time is a lot longer than what I had expected with and without the balm.  I also didn't have to reapply much, it actually lasted well through 2 meals and snacks. 🙂

Axiology Natural Lipstick in The Goodness - This is a sheer shimmery lipstick. Unfortunately I am not a fan of the packaging.  It's bigger than it should be and I don't like the clicky part to insert and remove the lipstick.  I believe that this shade would work better for someone more fair, otherwise if it had more shimmer then it would have worked for my lips. My lips also peeled, something that has not happened in a while. The shade reminds me of a lighter version of my favorite lip crayon from Clinique, Fuzzy Wuzzy. 

@ShannonAlexis,

You are a wonderful advertisement for these products.  You look lovely wearing them!

Here's a quick, light summery daytime look with many of the products Sephora and the brands so generously sent.

Screen Shot 2017-08-06 at 3.15.50 PM.png

A bit of the lila b. bronzer on the eyes (light and dark) and on the cheeks (dark for contour), Antonym highlighter on apples of cheeks, RMS Champagne Rosé highlighter above, Ilia Multistick in At Last on lips, topped with Axiology Natural Lipstick in The Goodness. 

I absolutely love everything and found the products to be well-pigmented (where applicable) and easy to work with, be it application, blending, or layering. 

Also, selfies are hard. I showed my mother one of the ones I took not in a mirror and in natural light and she said, "Who is that?" At first I thought she was joking, but she wasn't. 

Very pretty @MarciaBrady! ❤️

Oh boy! It is good to put a face to a friendly name. You look gorgeous @MarciaBrady. Congrat on the gratis! Enjoy!

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Gosh, I'm blushing! LOL.

146 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos34
  • Natural_Makeup_gratis.jpg
  • futurama-fry-dont-know-if-jealous-or-super-jealous
  • IMG_5901.JPG
  • IMG_5917.JPG
  • unnamed.jpg
  • at laaaaaaaaast
  • image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg
  • That sheen!