Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

NEWNESS ALERT: Rouge Preview First Look Starting 3/18

Attention Rouge makeup lovers! Brand new, exclusive beauty products are coming to Sephora.com from some of your favorite brands including Dior, Marc Jacobs Beauty, NARS, Pat McGrath, and Too Faced and Rouge gets first access to these exclusive launches from 3/18 – 3/20. Exclusive products? Newness? Rouge preview?! We knew we needed to get our hands on these divine products to give you a first look. Read with caution because I was lucky enough to test each product and am sincerely obsessed and impressed with everything launching on Monday. Don't you worry, Beauty Insiders and VIBs, these products will be available to all Beauty Insider tiers starting Thursday, 3/21. Now onto the fun part… Swatching, product reviews, and way too many photos of my face 🙂 

Marc Jacobs Concealers 2.jpgMarc Jacobs Beauty Accomplice Concealer & Touch-Up Stick $32, C$38

A few of us tested the Accomplice concealer and are all impressed. First of all, the packaging is sleek, stylist, and magnetized, which gets me every time. Is it just me?! Accomplice comes in 17 shades and they do a good job at covering a range of skintones from light to deep. This is a medium coverage concealer but I have noticed it’s buildable and reliable for 12 hours of wear, which is great because I love full-coverage and want my concealer to stay put. I must also mention that this blends like a dream, isn’t the least bit cakey, and truly leaves you with a flawless finish. It is a concealer stick so it’s best to warm the formula with your finger and apply directly to your skin. @LexBT also tested this out because she is always searching for the next best under eye concealer. She’s Sicilian so has natural purples and blues under her eyes and tends to go one shade lighter for a brightening effect. With liquid concealers, she has a hard time building up coverage but with the Accomplice stick concealer she simply dabbed a little extra to her darker spots and was photo ready. If you’re looking for a new concealer and enjoy medium or full coverage @BrendaBT, Lex and I all recommend giving this new product a go. Check out the spoiler tab to see this in action. 

Spoiler
Wearing MJB Accomplice Concealer and Diorshow Pump'N'Volume MascaraWearing MJB Accomplice Concealer and Diorshow Pump'N'Volume Mascara

Nars Orgams Open Products.jpg

NARS Orgasm Blush Jumbo $40, C$52 and Orgasm Oil-Infused Lip Tint $26, C$34 (both are limited edition and exclusive)

Can I admit something to you all? I hadn’t tried NARS Orgasm until testing out this product and WOW this really does live up to the hype! What took me so long? This cult-favorite blush is limited edition and comes in an oversized, gorgeous compact that’s a lovely, peachy color. I’m not one to wear shimmery blush but the glow I get from this doesn’t feel over-the-top, it just adds a touch of warm radiance that is simply beautiful when applied to the cheeks.

The Orgasm oil-infused lip tint is also limited edition and comes in stunning packaging, similar to the blush. My lips are always dry and feel incredibly moisturized while wearing this. I also love the MLBB (my lips but better) shade I’m left with from the subtly tinted formula. While this is definitely glossy, it isn’t the least bit sticky so overall very pretty and extremely comfortable.  

Katie Wearing NARS.jpg

I'm wearing both the blush and lip tint in the photo above. If you want to feel like a naturally glowy goddess with perfectly moisturized, tinted lips I highly suggest you purchase NARS Orgasm blush and lip tint immediately.

PMG Products.jpg

Pat McGrath Eye Ecstasy Kit (Limited Edition) $48 ($75 value) C$65 (C$103 value)

Mother and her genius team were not messing around when they created this set. If you want to learn more about the (appropriately named) Eye Ecstasy Lab, read on. If you haven’t tried anything from the brand before, this is a great opportunity to test the waters. Warning: every item in this set wowed me so read with caution.

PMG Palette Swatches.jpg

Katie Wearing Pat McGrath Eye Look.png

Let’s start with the Eye Ecstasy Palette. This palette is beautiful. The shades are easy to blend and you get a mix of every day and bold hues to work with. This palette is a dream for all you, whether you’re beach bumming it (Hello, Paradiso!), sightseeing all day or spending your evenings in fabulous cocktail dresses enjoying fancy dinners (Dark Matter, anyone?). I created a bronzy look, smoked out my top lash line with Dark Matter, no liner needed, and smudged the beautiful metallic purple shade, Amnesia, on my lower lash line. The lighter metallics, After Glow and Liquid Sun, can be used for a halo eye or in your inner-corners for a pop of light. If you want to take your glam eye look to the next level, like me, this is where the Crystalline Prismatic Pigment comes in handy. 

OMG. The Crystalline Prismatic Pigment in Angel Dust is simply incredible. I applied this loose pigment in true Pat McGrath fashion, dipping my finger into the pigment and directly applying to my lid and inner-corners. The crushed pearl pigments melt onto the skin and give a mesmerizingly shimmery effect. I must also note that I was able to glide this onto my eyes with ZERO fallout. For 12 hours of wear. Let me tell you, I left absolutely divalicious all day long! Now let’s move into my favorite step… Mascara!!

Many of you are already aware that FetishEyes Mascara is outstanding. This super-black mascara in shade “Xtreme Black” opened up my eyes in one, miraculous swipe. I go hard when it comes to mascara application and have long lashes so always have a ton of black specks on my lids when I’m done. Because this saturated my lashes so efficiently, I barely had any transfer to my lids—plus, my lashes were HUGE in a few swipes. This works and it works fast.

If you can’t tell, the Eye Ecstasy Lab is a no-brainer, in my opinion. I just wish I could give Mother a hug for creating such stunning, well-formulated products.

Too Faced Peach Puff Lip Products.jpg

Too Faced Peach Puff Lip Color (Exclusive) $19, C$25

Who’s ready for some Peaches and Cream Newness?! Too Faced is back with more peachy goodness and I’m a big fan… Shocking, I know! The new, exclusive peach puff lip color is matte, lasts for hours (8 to be precise!), and the formula doesn’t feather or bleed. The packaging is sleek and the formula twists into a pillowy applicator. Given the larger size of the applicator, I was a bit nervous I would get this all over my face but it’s very easy to apply and you’re left with a very gorgeous lip look. I read this is supposed to give a “softly bitten” look and definitely agree! Once the lipstick is on, you can’t feel it but you can smell that delicious, peachy aroma many of us know and love. The smell wears off after a while but it definitely smells great while you apply the product.

Katie Wearing Too Faced Lip Color.png

Above I’m wearing a shade called Day Drinking, which brings me to the final reason I love these lippies. As you may have assumed, Too Faced had a lot of fun while naming these shades. Some of my favorites are Boy Bye!, Brunchin’, Sippin Tea, and Straight Fire. I will be definitely be adding a few of the 12 shades to my lip collection!

Here are some swatches:

Spoiler
Too Faced Peach Puff Swatches.jpg

Too Faced Lip Swatches.jpg

Diorshow Pump’N’Volume HD Mascara (Exclusive) $29.50 C$37

Who doesn’t love Dior mascara? If you were around in 2017 when we sent community members the newly-launched Diorshow Pump’N’Volume Mascara, you may remember their mind-blown, life-changed, overwhelmingly positive reaction… People are WOWED by this mascara. So many community members picked up the mascara due to these raving reviews and also fell in love with the wonder product. I adore the original Pump’N’Volume so you can imagine my delight after learning Dior was updating their formula and packaging to take Pump’N’Volume to a new level of excellence. The verdict? I am entirely infatuated with this mascara and the instant XXL volume lash-multiplying effect. The new formula, which now includes cotton nectar to protect and nourish your lashes, glides on smoothly to instantly coat your lashes in a few quick swipes with the same precise, lash-combing wand we know and love. The tube is still squeezable (don’t you worry!) but now allows for a bit more squeeze and the top of the tube is smaller than the original, removing more formula from the wand when you remove it from the tube. The packaging changes allow for volume control and the formula update helps the mascara glide onto your lashes for lightweight, defined lashes.

Dior Pump'N'Volume on my left eye, no mascara on the right eye.Dior Pump'N'Volume on my left eye, no mascara on the right eye.

Here’s a picture of the product in action. I’m wearing two coats on the left and no mascara on the right. I have a feeling that this will become an automatic holy grail for many of you, like the original formula. This is certainly going to be one of my new favorites.

Reminder! All of these will be available to Rouge on Sephora.com and the App starting Monday, 3/18, and then all beauty Insiders can pick these up starting Thursday, 3/21. If you want to treat yourself or want to make someone’s day be sure to pick some of these new items up!

Now I’m curious… Which of these products are you most intrigued by? Please let us know if you have questions!

I've been itching to use my Rouge Reward, but couldn't really decide on something. Then mother drops a new palette! I'm particularly excited about the loose pigment in the set.

RE: NEWNESS ALERT: Rouge Preview First Look Starting 3/18

Me too- can’t wait to try the loose powder!

Re: NEWNESS ALERT: Rouge Preview First Look Starting 3/18

oooh thanks for sharing - love the look of those MJ concealers - Can never have too many haa 

Thanks for posting, @KatieBT ! I looove the look of the PMG set (as I've loved her eyeshadow palettes so far)! I definitely picked that one up.

The shades in it are super flattering with your eye colour, too! They really pop 🙂 

I couldn’t resist. I got the PMG set! 

@KatieBT  Got my PMG! Can’t wait to try it out 🙂

EDIT:  The items went live at 3:07 a.m.

It's 3:03 a.m. on the East Coast.  The site is showing The PM set and ALL of the Too Faced lippies are OOS.  Is this correct, ?  At midnight they were listed as coming soon.

RE: Re: NEWNESS ALERT: Rouge Preview First Look Starting 3/18

I was able to get the PMG set @12:45an PST.

@Ispend2much6 Not for me, all in stock. Just ordered. 

RE: NEWNESS ALERT: Rouge Preview First Look Starting 3/18

The PMG set is such a good deal 😍😍😍

I'm curious to see the PMG palette... but I've had an allergic reaction to all of them so far so I'm hesitant to check it out.  Normally it's just purples/pinks that irritate me but Pat's matte browns have caused me issues.  It's sad when that happens.  I had to return the ND Lila palette because of it.  On the bright side, I still have a ton of other shadows that don't irritate me. 😄

@itscarin   You're not alone; I can't wear her shadows either.  I bought mine as a gift.

Wow, @KatieBT , that eye pigment looks STUNNING on you!!!!

Late to the party but absolutely YES on the PMG @KatieBT !!! Your photos are gorgeous, you show off everything beautifully. I've never tried the PMG shadows before but I think this is going to be my introduction;)

@KatieBT how does the pigmentation of the orgasm lip oil compare to the balm?

Wowwww hello good price for Pat McGrath! I'll be all over that!! 

The Pat McGrath is 🔥

I will be grabbing the NARS Lip Oil and Dior Mascara!

@kalex those are great choices! Let us know what you think once you snag them.

Just had to pop in and say your lashes look STUNNING!!! 😵 Ahhh, I love it!!! @KatieBT

@SchylarR thank you!! The Dior and OMG mascaras are no joke. I need both immediately. 

testing