Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Misses: September 2020

This is a thread for us to share the products that just didn't work out for us.  Be it skincare, makeup, hair care or anything in between, let the sharing begin.  Because, unfortunately, not everything can be an instant classic.  But that's all right, because the discovery process can be fun as well.

greeneyedgirl107_0-1600817849758.jpeg

Re: Monthly Misses: September 2020

I tried the Rahua Voluminous Shampoo and Conditioner for a couple consecutive weeks. I liked the scent but like so many organic shampoos, the level of lathering was low and it left my hair feeling flat with buildup. So it's back to Aveda's Shampure and Malin+Goetz Peppermint Shampoo for me. The conditioner was better with a very thick, almost waxy texture but I definitely still prefer my Kevin Murphy conditioner.

Rahua_Voluminous_Shampoo_Ingredients_1024x

A big miss for me was the Drunk Elephant C-Firma™ Vitamin C Day Serum I HATED IT!! I have really sensitive skin and it practically lit my face on fire and smelled terrible. It also has the wrong package for such a thin serum. Back to my tried and true, Watermelon Brightening Serum from Milk Makeup

I have another miss for September 😔 Farmacy Daily Greens Oil-Free Gel Moisturizer with Moringa and Papaya 1.7 oz/ 50 mL I really wanted to at least like this product... I do love the texture.... But I absolutely can't get past the scent,,, and on top of that, it leaves my skin tacky.  I would much rather have soft and smooth skin not sticky

I just have one. Urban Decay Lash Freak Volumizing & Lengthening Mascara 0.32 oz/ 9.5 mL i’d really like a quick (or lengthy) chat with their product design/development team. A mascara wand needs bristles all around it, let’s not “think outside the box” and reinvent something that absolutely works great the way it is. The wand on this is so frustrating...

A042F124-D29F-40A0-BC43-64855FB78E61.jpeg

 You have a giant gap where mascara just globs onto a naked piece of plastic. Who thought this was a good idea? No one who’s ever worn mascara in their life. If it touches your lashes GIANT glob of mascara creates massive clumps that are unfixable. But hey, other then that design flaw, good formula lol 

I saw the photo before reading the text and thought it was a miss because the wand had  melted or something. It’s so weird-looking!! I don’t see how that’d (theoretically) be an improvement on a normal wand - fewer bristles, flat surfaces with grooves for the mascara to glom onto?? 

@GG84 I absolutely loathe it when mascara wands ruin a product!

@GG84 I had to pull out my mini size to see see this wand,,, you are so right!! I mean it did make my lashes look ok, but the wand!!! 🤯

I never even realized the wand looked like that!! @GG84 I wonder if the mini version is any better... Here we go again on the mini vs full size lol 

I mentioned Lash Freak last month as a miss too @GG84 . I had high hopes for it because I like Urban Decay Perversion Waterproof Mascara Perversion .

@Loretta55 

I only pop in sporadically. so I must have missed it, I wouldn’t have got it otherwise. It’s too bad, if they put a proper brush on it I would love it. 

At least I only received a deluxe sized of it as a  GWP @GG84 . If I could get a clean mascara wand I am willing to give it another try.

Mine is Nexxus Clean and Pure nourishing detox shampoo and conditioner. It did nothing for my hair. It didn’t feel clean and made my hair greasy.

Ohhh that's a no go!! @faeriegirl 

Mine would be the Volition Beauty Strawberry-C Brightening Serum I really like other products from Volition but I didn't love this. First off, it comes with a dropper and the top is open so it is exposed to oxygen every time you use it. I also didn't care for the texture, it was a gel consistency which I love in a moisturizer but not in a serum I discovered. Lastly It didn't really do anything for me, no negative effects but no positive ones either. I went back to my tried and true Sunday Riley vitamin C serum. 

I decided to give Vital Proteins Marine Collagen 7.8 oz/ 221 g  a try.  I actually bought a single serving size at Whole Foods so menos mal but it seems to be high in histamine (adverse reaction -- itching). I also tried the Garden of Life chocolate protein shake and no, I don't currently have a blender and so that just didn't go over well. Texture seemed to be the main issue.  So back to the drawing board and Whole Foods this weekend for grocery shopping fun.  LOL.  

My miss this month was Derma-e Advanced Peptides and Collagen Serum.  I broke out after the first use.  I'm not too disappointed.  It was an experiment that didn't work, so I didn't really have any expectations.

@Titian06  @greeneyedgirl107  that's a shame, I love derma e. 

@treestar86 Which products do you like from them?  Maybe I just haven't found the right one.  I DO like their sunscreen, though!

@Titian06 That's a shame!  It sounds like it'd be really good!  I tried their Vitamin C serum and wasn't wowed.  I wonder if that's a line that looks strong but isn't.

And btw, did anyone noticed the birth control in the pic I posted on the OP?  Whoops - but LOL!

@greeneyedgirl107 😂🤣

51 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos4
  • greeneyedgirl107_0-1600817849758.jpeg
  • IMG_20200928_203215212.jpg
  • A042F124-D29F-40A0-BC43-64855FB78E61.jpeg
  • Rahua_Voluminous_Shampoo_Ingredients_1024x
testing