Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Misses: September 2020

This is a thread for us to share the products that just didn't work out for us.  Be it skincare, makeup, hair care or anything in between, let the sharing begin.  Because, unfortunately, not everything can be an instant classic.  But that's all right, because the discovery process can be fun as well.

greeneyedgirl107_0-1600817849758.jpeg

Re: Monthly Misses: September 2020

@greeneyedgirl107 - lol!  Yes, but I didn't think anything about it!  😄

@Titian06 I *do* consider the pill to be a beauty product, though!

I had one miss this month. It was Benefit Cosmetics Brow Microfilling Eyebrow Pen Light Brown . I was barely able to even see it on my brows. The product appears to be dried out. So much for a natural look.

@Loretta55 

Eek I ordered this and have it sitting in a yet to be opened package. The reviews weren’t great but it looked cool and I love me some eyebrow products. I hope mine isn’t dried out!! 
Are you going to return it? 

@GG84 
I tried wearing it again yesterday and I had a hard time getting it to work. This will be returned to the store. I like the concept but it is possible that it is dried out. 

@Loretta55  Aw, bummer! I wanted to try that brow pen but haven't because there's no shade darker than "dark brown." (No Benefit, I don't care what you claim, dark brown =/= black, soft black, or cool toned black + grey eyebrows, especially not that warm-toned dark brown shade of yours.) I had highish hopes for this one. Sorry it didn't work for you. 😞 

@Loretta55 Oh no!  I've been wanting to try another brow pen since discovering the Sephora one.  Now I know to avoid that one!  I think it'll be a while until I put brows on again before work, though.  So goodness knows when I'll have the inclination to experiment.

I'm very sad about this miss!! It's not the scent that makes it a miss, it's the actual formula of the product. I need my body butter/lotions to absorb quickly,,, this one will if your body is soaking wet,,,I kinda like to use a towel after a shower lol it's just so thick and white,,, it takes effort to get this to absorb into your skin. It looks like I'm just rubbing it around and it sits on the skin...uughhhh 😣

IMG_20200928_203215212.jpg

@lmaster 

I love Hempz! That’s too bad! The holiday collection that just came out has some great scents, I don’t usually dig sugary sweet smells but the marshmallow one...mmmm! 

@GG84 this one is marketed as body butter,, have you tried any of the body butters? Are the new scents in the regular lotion formula?

I’m going to DM you @lmaster 

I love banana scents, too, @lmaster, so I'm planning on picking up the Briogeo Be Gentle, Be Kind Banana + Coconut Nourishing Superfood Body Cream in a couple of weeks.  I've heard that it DOES absorb really well and I love how the matching shampoo and conditioner smell.

That sounds awesome!! @CookieGirl1 you know what I really really want,,, farmacy to come out with a very cherry body lotion!!

Funny that you say that, @lmaster.  I had actually thought that they should bring out a banana cleansing balm, lol.

Oh my gawd!! @CookieGirl1 that would be amazing!!

@lmaster frankly, though, I could be almost as happy with peach or watermelon...

Oohhhhhh watermelon @CookieGirl1 Killin me!!

@lmaster let's face it. I just want a whole fruit basket of cleansing balms, LOL.

Yes!! Yes!!! That would make a great gift set!! @CookieGirl1 🙌

@lmaster I know that a LOT of people love Hempz lotions but they've never worked for me, either.  Not my favorite formula.

I don't recall the actual lotion being this difficult @CookieGirl1 

19 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos4
  • greeneyedgirl107_0-1600817849758.jpeg
  • IMG_20200928_203215212.jpg
  • A042F124-D29F-40A0-BC43-64855FB78E61.jpeg
  • Rahua_Voluminous_Shampoo_Ingredients_1024x
testing