Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Misses: September 2020

This is a thread for us to share the products that just didn't work out for us.  Be it skincare, makeup, hair care or anything in between, let the sharing begin.  Because, unfortunately, not everything can be an instant classic.  But that's all right, because the discovery process can be fun as well.

greeneyedgirl107_0-1600817849758.jpeg

Re: Monthly Misses: September 2020

@lmaster  I’m sorry it didn’t work out. If you ever feel like trying smth with the similar/identical scent: I tried the mini version of the body lotion with that same scent and it was just as good as other Hempz lotions (moisturizing and nourishing but not greasy and absorbs quickly). I bought the full size later on. 

Good to know!! Thank you @Zvezdochka 

Ugh, this would bother me to no end, @lmaster. I need body lotions and oils to sink in with a quickness.

@quspork I tried!! I made it half way through and couldn't do it anymore 🙄 huge let down,, now I probably won't buy any lotions from this brand again,, the shave gel and body wash were all nice, but those don't need to absorb 🤦

@lmaster  aw, bummer.  I'd actually been eyeing that one, it looked like it would smell good.  lol @ the towel comment. 🤣 

@treestar86 I've used other hempz before and I sure don't remember it taking this much effort!! The scent was fabulous,,, but seriously,,, it's like the lotion needs water to let it absorb

I had 2 misses this month. The Voluspa mini candle in Mokara (in the set of 3 with the beautiful glass containers with lids). I really liked the scent but it didn’t go very far (could really only smell it when within 1’ of it) and it also wouldn’t stay lit. Hope it was just a dud, still have a few more of these to try.

The other miss was the Peter Thomas Roth cucumber mask. It wasn’t bad (no irritation, strong smell, etc) but it didn’t seem to do anything for me at all, didn’t even feel refreshing. I have lots more of this left from sets and samples so I’m hoping I can make this work - I’ll try putting it in the fridge to see if it feels better cold. 

@SisterRay - That's too bad about the PTR cucumber mask.  I'm not a mask person, but this is the only one I like!  It just shows how we're all different.  😁

@SisterRay I've not had the chance to smell this one,, sorry it was a miss for you

I had a miss this month.  It's not that the product was poor, it just didn't work out for me.  I bought Awake Glow Pill b/c it sounded so delightful and the name just captivated me.  I bought it b/c I was hoping it'd be good in place of the now-discontinued essence I'd been using.  I was hoping the texture would be thinner.  I'd like to use it elsewhere in my routine, but I can't find a spot for it.  Maybe I *could* apply it in the morning, which would do me a lot of good,  However, I just can't find the time these many weeks.  I also didn't notice any difference in glowy-ness, but I also haven't give it much of a chance.  

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos4
  • greeneyedgirl107_0-1600817849758.jpeg
  • IMG_20200928_203215212.jpg
  • A042F124-D29F-40A0-BC43-64855FB78E61.jpeg
  • Rahua_Voluminous_Shampoo_Ingredients_1024x
testing