Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Misses: July 2020

This is an area for us to discuss products that missed the mark for us this month.  It could be a foil or a full sized item.  What did you try that didn't work?  And why?

greeneyedgirl107_0-1595462070779.jpeg

Re: Monthly Misses: July 2020

@ather I'm going to have to research these ingredients.... To be continued

@lmaster  Me too. My left hand I didn’t touch the makeup pad and it’s ok maybe I’ll try tonight again and see what happens 

@ather @lmaster, I’m a little nervous about the DE micellar now. 😬 I have a DS and FS of it. Will try / test it out a couple of ways tonight. So sorry about your experiences with it.

@itsfi  It was ok on my face. Just made my fingers peel which seems odd. My only theory is that when I did the peeling foot mask maybe I touched it and the micellar water some how activated my fingers to peel. But who knows. I’m not giving up on it yet. I’ll try again tonight. I hope it works for you!! I have so many favs in the DE line. The only other Miss was the Pekee bar (I’m not the only one who’s had an issue with it) 

@ather @itsfi I really wanted to love it, but it's too hard for me to incorporate it, I've had a pretty set routine and this product didn't agree with other products I've used. I love quite a few other DE products, some products don't work for everyone 😩

@lmaster  @itsfi  I totally agree. But you don’t know if you font try 🤷🏼‍♀️  Do you know what it might have reacted with?

Either retinol or acid I used the night before @ather 

@lmaster  I was fine tonight till I used the salicylic acid on my face. Now I’m a tomato!

Mhhmm @ather I knew it was not agreeing with one of the two 😩

@lmaster  Not cool. I’ll switch my sa to morning till the bottle is done but not going to repurchase it after 😐

@ather yeah it's a shame!! Total bummer

@lmaster @ather - I'm sorry you had such an unpleasant experience with this product.  On the other hand, I can remove it from my Loves list.  I use salicylic acid and I don't want to take any chances with my skin or change my routine.

@Titian06 yeah it is not a fun feeling at all!! I'm thinking since she designed it with her daughter in mind,, it might be more useful to those who are not using acids and retinol

@lmaster  I usually only use micellar water at night but I’m going to the city Monday for a medical appointment so I figured if it was bad I could return it. It seems ok. So far. I’ll try again tonight. I have a little tingling but it could be because I’m worried I’ll react. 

@lmaster Ouch!  I'm sad that it didn't work out for you, as DE is such a heralded brand.

@greeneyedgirl107 I was so excited to use it too!! 

78 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos7
  • Another FS vs. mini photo.
  • Full size glass jar vs. mini plastic jar.
  • Inside the jar.
  • greeneyedgirl107_0-1595462070779.jpeg
  • 88C77C5B-CC99-488C-BBEB-894D9002FA8F.jpeg
  • 7C721242-B0AB-4797-BC7A-572A82B18456.jpeg
  • 20200728_124852.jpg
testing