Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Misses: July 2020

This is an area for us to discuss products that missed the mark for us this month.  It could be a foil or a full sized item.  What did you try that didn't work?  And why?

greeneyedgirl107_0-1595462070779.jpeg

Re: Monthly Misses: July 2020

Whoops, where did the end of July go? Here are my belated July misses. 

20200728_124852.jpg

Hmmm, @haleyvvvv , what happened with the pumpkin and sheet mask?  I'm curious.

The pumpkin mask is actually okay, @danielledanielle, but it kind of exploded packaging wise and it wasn't well mixed. I may have just gotten a dud. I wouldn't be upset if it showed up in like an Ipsy or something.

The Dr. Jart mask was a bit tingly but didn't really do anything for pore clearing unfortunately. And it had some scent that was a little much.

ooh, exploding pumpkin is never good @haleyvvvv 

Thanks for the heads up

SEPHORA COLLECTION Clear and Cover Acne Treatment Cream Concealer with 2% Salicylic Acid 10 Walnut 

I loved this! Until it broke me out.  Total miss.

Oof, it got you too @itsfi .

@lmaster, Yeah, what threw me was that I used it once or twice and I don't recall having a reaction.  And since it's a small amount of concealer, I still used my go to Jouer to cover anything else.  I feel concurrent use was the problem, which like you said @ather, I was trying to contain a breakout.  Then I thought was reacting to a foundation foil I was testing out, so I used the concealer more and that did it.  Eh, what can you do 🤷🏽‍

@danielledanielle, I had the exact same experience with this concealer. I’m bummed because when it started off so well. 😔 I’m so sorry it broke you out. 

Wow that's disappointing @danielledanielle I was very curious about this product too

@danielledanielle  Darn. Interesting it’s supposed to combat breakouts yet it broke you out 🤔

Sadly the Natasha Denona Bronze Face Glow Palette just didn't do it for me. The texture of the highlight was weird and not in a good way and the two highlight shades were not as good as previous versions IMO. I loved the blush shade and I miss it since I returned it, so I might buy it again if it ever goes on sale. Also, the MILK MAKEUP KUSH High Volumizing Mascara 0.27 oz / 8 ml (mini) was not good for me. It flaked and smudged on me.

@makeitup305  I love the effect MILK MAKEUP Mini KUSH High Volumizing Mascara 0.13 oz/ 4 mL  gave my lashes but totally flaked and smudged me too.  Have you tried ILIA Limitless Lash Mascara After Midnight totally my go to!!

Great idea for a thread! @greeneyedgirl107 I've only could think of 2 this month. And unfortunately, it wasn't a big surprise for me😒

I used lil deluxe samples I got as a promo. The 1st time I used them, they were ok. Just a everyday, ok sh& cond. Probably wouldn't buy the full size but I did add foils of each recently to orders to use when I travel. The 2nd time, my hair was a mess. Straw like, dry, full of tangles. 😠 A disaster. I couldnt bear to even touch it. I thought maybe it's because I was swimming alot/boating. Nope it was DE. I used another sh& cond 1x & my hair was back to normal..thank goodness! And thank goodness they were lil samples. 

@sonnydee  Oh no. I had high hopes for these. Too bad it was a fail. 

@sonnydee I'm not liking the results I get from these either. I have the mini's from the sampler set and it's so hard to get anything out of them. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

@greeneyedgirl107 Thank you for this thread, it is fun and I always learn something from others’ misses! Here are mine for the month:

88C77C5B-CC99-488C-BBEB-894D9002FA8F.jpeg

Spoiler
Scents were not my thing this month. I loved the VOLUSPA Santiago Huckleberry Glass Jar Candle and despite my previous Voluspa diffuser experience, I wanted to give it another go. The scent is so, so good; it’s just barely noticeable with the diffuser. It comes with darker sticks, and like the first time I tried this brand’s diffuser, I switched them out with regular old diffuser sticks from others I had in the house. Still, hardly a scent unless I was a few inches away from it. I really wish they would work on this, as sometimes candles aren’t the best option. 

The Capri Blue Volcano Lip Balm has a wonderful scent as well, but unfortunately is so impenetrable I second guessed whether or not it was a fragrance balm more than once. I’ve tried warming it but can remove only a very, very thin layer, which barely lasts on my lips. I may just use as a perfume:)

The Glossier Brow Flick was a precious love. It worked beautifully the first few weeks and then the product ceased to disperse to the brush. I contacted the brand, who suggested I lay it flat. I’ve tried that as well as placing it brush side down. For a tool that I want as a fine, micro-blading alternative, this has such great potential. Maybe it should come with a paint pot? 

@eshoe  I’m sorry Capri Blue Volcano Lip Balm was such a disappointment for you. I just got it today and after reading your feedback I was fully prepared to be disappointed. But I didn’t have the experience you described. I always use little spatulas for lip masks. So I picked up the balm easily and it melted into my lips within seconds. The staying power was rather good as well. And I always have dry lips. It’s not my favorite consistency (not Laneige), but I was happy to add it to my lip care collection and will enjoy using it. 

Oh I am so happy to hear your experience was much better than mine, @Zvezdochka! I tried using a hard plastic spatula, and was able to apply more of it to my lips. It felt rather clumpy, and then slightly grainy after leaving it for a few minutes. Sounds like maybe I just received an off pot, perhaps! 

@eshoe sorry to hear about these misses!

The scents are amazing, @lmaster at least 😄

Thanks for the review on the Capri Blue Volcano Lip Balm, @eshoe.  I'd put it on my Loves list to save for later but I think I'll take it off.

Conversation Stats
Photos7
  • Another FS vs. mini photo.
  • Full size glass jar vs. mini plastic jar.
  • Inside the jar.
  • greeneyedgirl107_0-1595462070779.jpeg
  • 88C77C5B-CC99-488C-BBEB-894D9002FA8F.jpeg
  • 7C721242-B0AB-4797-BC7A-572A82B18456.jpeg
  • 20200728_124852.jpg
testing