Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: November 2020 Edition!

GeorginaBT November 2020 Faves.PNG

Hey BIC! We’re nearing the end of 🍂 🍁 November 🍁 🍂 and you know what that means: it’s time to share what beauty products we have been reaching for the most this past month! Throughout November I have been using a mix of products I discovered recently and instantly fell in love with, along with some oldies but goodies. You’ll also notice several of my favorites are specifically for targeting dryness, which is much needed for me as we approach colder winter months. Join me in sharing recent makeup, skincare, hair, fragrance, and wellness faves in a reply!

Here are my favorites this month:

Click the “Reply” button below to tag your November faves by typing the “#” symbol before each product!

Re: Monthly Favorites: November 2020 Edition!

@Anastasiya13 That's valid - I honestly worry about that sometimes too. It's a reminder for me to be a bit more gentle than I normally am while washing my hair, which is the entire reason I bought the massager in the first place! I used to be really rough with my nails while shampooing. 😢 

I also only really try to shampoo close to my scalp, so that helps as well! If I brought the ends of my hair up to shampoo and scrub with the massager, I think I'd definitely get into tangle territory. 

@GeorginaBT  Hmm, that makes it so tempting to get. I actually went to the store yesterday to check it out....maybe do an impulse buy, but they were sold out of it in store.

@Anastasiya13I have that scalp massager and I love it! It's sturdy yet flexible, I use it every night before bed and I haven't had any tangling issues so far.

@GeorginaBT  Omg I love the scalp massager as well. Something I never knew I needed but now I can’t live without it!! Olaplex 3 is always good!!

Yes to targeting dryness @GeorginaBT! From head to toe for me, with this cooler weather. These were my faves for November.

11.2020 Faves.jpg

Spoiler
Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair Honey Moisture Deep Conditioning Mask was a limited edition hair mask last year.  This honey version does not disappoint and the bear packaging is adorable. I'm so pleased they brought it back in the Briogeo Merry Multi-Masking Kit, as it makes a great gift (all the hair masks in the set are good) - either to give as a set or to break up the individual hair masks and customize your own gift set.

I was so happy when I heard that Herbivore had come up with a reformulation of the Herbivore Bakuchiol Serum (new version). I've been using it for a couple of weeks and I think the Herbivore team did a great job with this - my skin is happy and to me, no difference in performance and results between this formulation and the previous one. Tagging @faeriegirl @lmaster @ather @eshoe.

Gucci Rouge a Levres Voile Sheer Lipstick - 506 Louisa Red is a gorgeous dark plummy red. It goes on sheer though the color can be built up slightly. I like the depth of color it gives. 

by Terry Ombre Blackstar No 4 - Bronze Moon deposits such a beautiful shimmery bronze color to the lids. It blends easily and the color is great! It's got good staying power too; it lasts longer than many other cream shadows I've tried. 

Bath & Body Works Pumpkin Spice Latte Candle is a perennial favorite of mine. It makes my entire house smell so good. 

L'Occitane Cleansing and Softening Shower Oil with Almond Shower Oil is a must have for the winter. It makes my skin feel oh-so-soft and moisturized. 

Farmacy Honey Potion Antioxidant Renewing Hydration Mask is a year-round favorite but in the cooler seasons, the slight warming sensation this gives off is even more appreciated. As is the hydration and moisturization I get from this beauty - soft, smooth and nourished skin. 🍯

I've been very happy with the items from the Farmacy honey line and the Farmacy Honey Halo Ultra-Hydrating Ceramide Moisturizer is no exception. This thicker-leaning cream really does moisturize my skin without feeling heavy or looking greasy. 

L'Occitane Immortelle Overnight Reset Oil-In-Serum is like a good night's sleep in a bottle. My skin looks hydrated, refreshed and has a nice bounce and glow to it the next morning. ❤️

Missha Cho Bo Yang BB Cream is a new discovery for me this year. The shade out of the tube isn't a perfect match for me but blends out nicely  and I find it does a wonderful job of helping to cover up blemishes and even my skin tone pretty well - it doesn't conceal them completely but enough so that I'm less self-conscious about them. This BB cream also has great staying power, another plus! 

Briogeo Merry Multi-Masking Kit ft. Don’t Despair Repair Deep Conditioning Honey Bear Hair Mask 

Herbivore Bakuchiol Anti-Aging Serum 

Gucci Sheer Lipstick 506 Louisa Red 

L'Occitane Cleansing And Softening Refillable Shower Oil With Almond Oil 8.4 oz/ 250 mL 

Farmacy Honey Potion Renewing Antioxidant Hydration Mask 

Farmacy Honey Halo Ultra-Hydrating Ceramide Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 50 mL 

L'Occitane Immortelle Reset Overnight Reset Oil-In Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL 

@itsfi Love the L'Occitane.  One of the brands that I've used off and on for years. 

Same here @tjffc! 😃 Which L’Occitane products have you been enjoying? 

The honey halo is so good @itsfi! I am so happy to hear the herbivore is still great. I just ordered one💜

@faeriegirl, my skin will be happy with the Honey Halo this winter. 🍯 Yaaay! I think you’ll like the new Herbivore Bakuchiol. Please let us know how it works for you!

@itsfi  I have always wanted to try the by terry eyeshadow sticks. You have a lot of great products on your list! 

Thank you @jen81! 😁 The cooler weather means rotating in different products for my dry, dehydrated skin! The by Terry eyeshadow stick is so good. 😍 It was part of a gwp. I've eyed the sticks in the past but never got around to picking one up, in part because I haven't always had the best results with other eyeshadow sticks. The by Terry one glides on very smoothly, no tugging, and it's easy to blend. 

@itsfi   I had no idea this thread would be a great place for reminders of what I'd seen in the hauls thread.  Putting Louisa in my cart for tomorrow. 🙂

@Ispend2much6, it seems like the hauls thread either adds items to my list or confirms that a product on my list is meant to be there and the monthly favorites thread definitely supports future purchases and reminds me of something I may have missed. 😂🤣😂

👏🏼 for the Herbivore Bakuchiol Anti-Aging Serum report, @itsfi! I’ve been waiting to hear thoughts on it since it was reformulated and this makes me very, very happy. Sounds like I no longer need to ration my bottle. Thank you:)

"this makes me very, very happy." 

You and me both @eshoe😉 Just based on the results, if I didn't know, I wouldn't have guessed that the Hebivore Bakuchiol Serum had been previously discontinued and then brought back with a new formulation. 

@itsfi  Yes to all of these!!! Awesome choices!!

Thank you @ather! 🤗 The change in weather brought out a lot of goodies! ♥️

@itsfi I swear we're in sync - I just cracked open a sample of the Herbivore serum! I've never used retinol (or in this case, retinol alternative) regularly, so I figured this would be a good introduction. Good to know you're liking the new formula too. 😊 Do you use it daily at night? 

Awww yeaaah @GeorginaBT! 🤗 I used the original version nightly, for the most part; on occasion, I used it during the day. The ingredients in the new formulation look good, but just to be safe, I eased into incorporating it in my routine - 3 nights per week the first week and every other day since and it's been good. I find the Herbivore bakuchiol (old and new formulae) to be gentle but I would still recommend easing into it and seeing how your skin responds.  I'll start it every night this week. 😁 Some nights, it's the only serum I use; other nights, it'll be layered with another serum, depending on what's going on with my skin. 

My skin is sensitive to retinols but responds well to bakuchiol. It is a retinol alternative so the results are said to take a little longer. That said, I would occasionally see a couple lines at the bridge of my nose, which is what started me down the bakuchiol trail. After using the original version of the Herbivore bakuchiol, they were less noticeable to no longer being there. For me, that area is still smooth and without lines since using this new formula. I hope the bakuchiol serum works well for you; please do keep us posted on how you like it.

@itsfi Thank you for this info!! I'll take your advice and start out with 3 days/week for now. After only using this and moisturizer last night, I'm not seeing any crazy negative reactions - so far so good! 

Will definitely post about my journey with this. 😊 I'm jazzed after hearing that you noticed fine lines becoming less noticeable! 

@GeorginaBT love these picks! The laneige lip mask and olaplex no. 3 are my must haves!

Here's what I'm loving this month:

Summer Fridays CC Me Vitamin C + Niacinamide Serum 1.0 oz/ 30 mL - this is giving me a much needed glow this time of year

BECCA Cosmetics First Light Priming Filter Face Primer - recently rediscovered this in my collection, it gives my skin a quick boost on busy mornings before makeup 

Fresh Black Tea Instant Perfecting Mask Mini 1 oz/ 30 mL - this mask is a perfecting treat, I love it

L'Occitane Shea Shower Oil 8.4 oz/ 250 mL - this is so luxurious and moisturizing! 

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos9
  • GeorginaBT November 2020 Faves.PNG
  • F77D94E0-0B63-4A8B-9BE9-ACA9CE65CA73.jpeg
  • 6F32FD0D-3F58-4325-9D2D-257FEC03F055.jpeg
  • E81D2321-ED4D-4B1E-A92B-180C74AA45BE.jpeg
  • 11.2020 Faves.jpg
  • 8B478F1A-F19D-4FE3-B677-93859AC6DE8C.jpeg
  • 20201129_082911.jpg
  • 91E717DB-38DD-4191-9C16-9EC9D35167A9.jpeg
  • 20201201_005256~2.jpg