cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: December 2019 Edition

GeorginaBT_Dec_Faves.png

This is it, BIC: the last monthly favorites thread of the year! Now is your time to share the skin, hair, makeup, and fragrance products that you reached for most in December. Whether a product is a holy grail or a new find from Holiday Hooray, we want to know your favorites.

Here are my December favorites:

What products were your December faves? Share them in a response below, and since it’s the end of the year, let us know your absolute favorite product(s) of 2019 too! Remember to show and tell… Heart

Re: Monthly Favorites: December 2019 Edition

@cianni  I also love the whole ghost oil line!!! 

My december favorites are all pretty new to me. 

december-favorites.jpeg

I created my holiday party looks with the CHARLOTTE TILBURY - The Icon Eyeshadow Palette. The quality of the formula is outstanding. The shimmery shades are opaque and can be build up nicely (I use concealer as a base). I also love the color scheme, which allows me to create both warm and cool toned looks.

The Morphe E3 brush is my favorite blush brush lately. I love how the shape hugs my cheeks. I have an oval shaped face and I love to apply my blush in-between my highlight and my contour/bronzer. This brush has the perfect shape to help me achieve a nice blend.

The Iconic Prep-Set-Glow I used as a setting spray for my party looks. It distributes a nice amount of tiny glitters on my face, that results in a pretty iridescence and not as if there were big chunks of glitters. The spray is quite powerful and it needs a good shake but I still enjoyed the final result. It contains cucumber extract so it feels cooling on the skin 🙂

My favorite discovery this month was probably the Blume Cloud 9. I had to stop taking anti-inflammatory drugs because of an health issue and I struggle with bad cramps when my period comes. This helped ease my symptoms efficiently and I think the little bottle with last a long time.

I also really enjoyed the Christophe Robin detox holiday kit. The shampoo and detangling jelly make my scalp feel refreshed and rebalanced. The Apto Turmeric Mask I discovered through Ipsy and it was a nice surprise. It seems to calm my skin a lot.

Yes!  The apto turmeric mask is great!

@ellem24  Great list of favs!!! I wondered how the Blume cloud 9 was. I love the cleanser and the deodorant by Blume.  

This month has been a complete blur that I'm not sure I remember what I did day to day, let alone with skincare and makeup. We did have a fun team outing about a week ago that resulted in a completely new makeup look for me! One that, quite honestly, I probably won't be repeating, fun as it was. For this look, which the team was calling Emerald Goddess, the Sephora Beauty Advisor who created my look played with NATASHA DENONA - Metropolis Eyeshadow Palette and Shiseido Synchro Skin Self-Refreshing Foundation SPF 30 220 - Linen

It's been really dry in our house because we have an old forced air furnace for heat, so I've been drenching myself in this SEPHORA COLLECTION - Super Supreme Body Butter. It's amazing!! Seems to be sold out online, but might be available in your local store if you do a zip code search. 

Lastly, I've also been doing my old standby favorite fresh Rose Face Mask 3.3 oz/ 100 mL for extra hydration. 

How do you all conquer staying hydrated from the outside during the cold winter months? 

Edited to add: can't believe I almost forgot my LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Intense Hydration with Vitamin C Original! I've been keeping a tub of this by the bed and slathering on before sleep. Really helps during winter. 🙂 

I REALLY want to try out that foundation, @CarolBT.  I feel like I've heard very few negative reviews on it and it's giving me major FOMO!

@CarolBT  So many great choices!!! 😍

I only had a couple of favorites this month, but I didn’t really try much new and with getting sick + traveling I didn’t wear much makeup or change up my skin care too much.

First - CHARLOTTE TILBURY - Lip Lustre Lip Gloss in High Society. Despite my large collection of lip products, glosses are an area I am lacking. I just don’t like them... they are sticky and drying, too pigmented and thick, or too sheer and not very long lasting. I find this one to be comfortable, just the right amount of pigment, and holds up well. The shade High Society is a perfect glossy pink as well, not too pink, not too warm, a good neutral. 

Second - KATE SOMERVILLE - ExfoliKate® Intensive Pore Exfoliating Treatment. I had used this a few years ago fairly regularly but it fell out of rotation for more affordable products. I decided to reintroduce it to see if it was worth the money. It is. I love the feel exfoliation it gives without being irritating or drying. 

@alexasteph  love how my skin feels after Exfolikate! It tingles quite a bit for me when I have it on, but it is so worth it! 

@alexasteph  I might need to try that Kate Somerville!!

My December favorites are Drunk Elephant Lala Retro™ Nourishing Whipped Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL. It is so great for dry winter skin! Maison Margiela ’REPLICA’ Lazy Sunday Morning 3.4 oz/ 100 mL. I love how clean and cozy it smells! Charlotte Tilbury Legendary Lashes Volume 2 Mascara Black Vinyl Vol 2 is my new favorite mascara. My lips have been super dry so I’ve been using Sara Happ peach lip scrub and lip slip balm and they have helped so much. My last 3 favorites are from a gratis package I received. The Gucci Long Lasting Satin Lipstick 25* Goldie Red in Goldie Red is the perfect holiday red! It looks so beautiful on and the packaging is gorgeous. The Dior Lip Glow Oil Pink is so hydrating and glossy without being sticky. I absolutely love the scent of the GLOW RECIPE - Banana Soufflé Moisture Cream. It smells like banana pudding. It’s not moisturizing enough on its own but I’ve been using it as a final step in my PM routine and I love it!

F5110AA4-A5D3-4627-9859-2067E22BC9D9.jpeg

@faeriegirl ,

Great choices!

@faeriegirl  Omg great haul!! What are your thoughts on the GLOW RECIPE - Banana Soufflé Moisture Cream I almost bought it but I’m waiting to hear more reviews first!

I really like it @ather. It smells like banana pudding! It feels like a gel so its not quite moisturizing enough for me by itself but i have been adding it as the last step in my PM routine like a sleeping mask and I love it. I haven't noticed any breakouts either.

@faeriegirl  That’s awesome to hear. That’s one of my worries. 

@ather I got it as a gratis and it’s more of a gel-cream. If you have dry/combo skin it isn’t hydrating enough.  It smells like banana pudding though

@SportyGirly125  That’s so good to know. Thank you!

There were a lot of oohs and ahhhs when I saw your photo and picks for this month’s favorites, @faeriegirl! 💖💖💖 Sara Happ lip scrubs. I hadn’t thought of using the GR Banana Soufflé moisturizer as an overnight mask... making a mental note! 🧠📝😃

Everything here looks so luxe!

I left out one, but these brushes ❤️I left out one, but these brushes ❤️

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Kabuki-Buff Foundation Brush 115

Also:

MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Color Pencil Brow, Eye & Lip Liner 606 Wherever Walnut

SEPHORA COLLECTION - Brightening Eye Cream – Hydrate & Depuff

Koyudo Fu-Pa Series FuPa-02

E.l.f. clarifying booster drops

@danielledanielle ,

Yes!  Love the brushes!

Conversation Stats
Photos15
  • GeorginaBT_Dec_Faves.png
  • 124F0A50-6D5B-463C-B2BD-C2B609590DE7.jpeg
  • 9DDF11AB-4068-44AD-A45C-9921DBB062D3.jpeg
  • F848B98B-2023-4B74-B494-7F6763F76C8D.jpeg
  • FFFC289A-42D5-4B7F-AD4B-A77065107303.jpg
  • dec.JPG
  • I left out one, but these brushes ❤️
  • F5110AA4-A5D3-4627-9859-2067E22BC9D9.jpeg
  • december-favorites.jpeg
  • December Favorites.JPG
  • 05232A25-667F-40BC-B613-AC57559FD7F3.jpeg
  • Danessa Myricks Waterproof Cushion Color in Bluejay
  • Favorite December products, and favorite brushes I use to apply them (plus my 2 favorite eyeshadow brushes of 2019)
  • 85DA6400-27B9-4837-9C08-991F308C754E.jpeg
  • 79DE4028-B43B-44DB-AADA-4950CBF0B670.jpeg
testing