cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: August 2020 Edition!

MonthlyFavesAugust.jpg

You know the drill (unless you’re new here, then hi!): It’s time to share your favorite products for the month! Summer has looked a little different for many of us in 2020, but one thing’s for certain: I’m getting my tan on SOMEHOW. My August favorites reflect my current pared-down, “Zoom meeting ready” style – beachy heat-free waves and no-makeup makeup -- and since I’m not spending a whole lot of time in the actual sun these days, I figured I might as well tap into my retinol stash and discover a new favorite! Also, I may have “accidentally” taken advantage of the National Lipstick Day sale at the end of July, which means I’ve had the perf my-lips-but-better shade to rock every day in August 😉.

Here are the products I’ve been keeping on rotation for the month of August:

What products have you been reaching for this month? Reply below and tag your August favorites!

Re: Monthly Favorites: August 2020 Edition!

D’oh!!!! Oh course it’s been discontinued! 😔 I read “whipped strawberries and cream” and was just on my way to her site or hsn to see if it was available. Why @Loretta55?!! 😆 She has other yummy scents so I’m only a smidge sad about the strawberries and cream.  

I found it at Nordstrom Rack about 2 years ago @itsfi . Of course I stocked up on it. 

@Loretta55 So great that you're into the new SC foundation! One of my favorite bases is the SEPHORA COLLECTION Matte Perfection Tinted Moisturizer 8 Canvas so I'm excited to try something new and clean from SC.

@Loretta55 , you have my curiosity peaked about that foundation, sounds like a good one

I received the foundation in a gratis package back in June @danielledanielle . It really looks like my skin but better. It has buildable coverage and best of all clean ingredients.

My favorites have been:

Lancome Juicy Tubes Original Lip Gloss 

Fenty Beauty Gloss Bomb in Fu$$y

OLEHENRIKSEN Balance Babies™ Mattifying Oil Control Set 

Nice favorites @GeorgiaGirl67! Fenty Fu$$y is such a pretty color! 😍 There are some great skincare in that OH set! 💚

@GeorgiaGirl67 

I bought that set last month and love them, also I couldn't resist the bag!  The toner and plunge mask are my favorites, but I wasn't a fan of the gel moisturizer.  For some reason, my oily skin never likes gel moisturizers...

It's a gel? It comes out like a white cream, so I thought it was cream based. My skin likes it.

@AlexBT Wow!  Can't believe it's almost the end of August.  I have a lovely Month Favorite this month: Paula's Choice Antioxidant Pore Purifier.  I use it at night before my Retin-A.  The product has antioxidants and niacinamide in it, and they have made my skin SO bright and glowing.  My skin looks sun-kissed.  I really can't believe my eyes.  It also has .5% BHA which is making my pores look more refined.  I already use BHA in the morning and mid-day, but I think my skin has really benefited from using it at night.  I also love that the texture is liquid-y so it goes on quickly and absorbs quickly.

Another item that is becoming a favorite is Revolution London Skincare 15% Niacinamide Serum.  I've been using The INKEY List Niacinamide Oil Control Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL to help control oil, and it does a good job.  However, I didn't care for the packaging as too much product would come out and I would wind up using too much and feeling a little tacky.  The Revolution is actually thicker which I thought I wouldn't like.  However, the dropper makes it so easy to dispense the right amount.  I just put a drop onto my palms, rub them together slightly, and press onto my face.  I must say, though, that neither niacinamide seemed to make my skin brighter.  

@greeneyedgirl107, a thousand yesses to the PC Antioxidant Pore Purifying. ♥️

@itsfi I am noticing better results with the travel size than the full size I purchased.  Any insight into this?

That’s so odd @greeneyedgirl107!!! I only have the travel size. I wonder if one is older than the other? Maybe the travel size was a fresher batch?

@itsfi That's what I'm wondering!  

@greeneyedgirl107 Love a glowing review w/ glowing skin to go with it! Thrilled to hear your pore product recs - I've been curious to try Peter Thomas Roth PRO Strength Lactic Pore Treatment but keep reminding myself I already have too much skincare that I still haven't even opened yet!

@AlexBT Yes, the one frustrating thing about trying new skincare is that there's a waiting period!

These are my favorite August products so far:

I was super excited about the HG vanish concealer and was surprised about how nice brush 57 is!

@RAWRitsRED, you have some lovely favorites! 😍 I’ve heard good things about the Hourglass concealer. 

@itsfi 

The concealer is amazing!  I almost want to use it on my entire face like foundation 😂

Hahaha @RAWRitsRED! 😃 I do use concealer in place of foundation at times, a lot of times, actually. It’s just so easy and convenient; and if the formula works really well all over, then all the better!

@itsfi 

I'll have to try that!  I've never used just concealer before.

180 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos17
  • MonthlyFavesAugust.jpg
  • CYMERA_20200820_230043.jpg
  • Monthly Favorites!
  • Aug swatches.jpeg
  • GeorginaBT august 2020 faves.PNG
  • IMG_20200821_150516.jpg
  • tenor (19).gif
  • 711E1F91-6B24-40A0-BE63-600911EDB971.jpeg
  • IMG_7417.jpg
  • August 2020 favorites: some repeats and some new-to-mes.
testing