cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: August 2020 Edition!

MonthlyFavesAugust.jpg

You know the drill (unless you’re new here, then hi!): It’s time to share your favorite products for the month! Summer has looked a little different for many of us in 2020, but one thing’s for certain: I’m getting my tan on SOMEHOW. My August favorites reflect my current pared-down, “Zoom meeting ready” style – beachy heat-free waves and no-makeup makeup -- and since I’m not spending a whole lot of time in the actual sun these days, I figured I might as well tap into my retinol stash and discover a new favorite! Also, I may have “accidentally” taken advantage of the National Lipstick Day sale at the end of July, which means I’ve had the perf my-lips-but-better shade to rock every day in August 😉.

Here are the products I’ve been keeping on rotation for the month of August:

What products have you been reaching for this month? Reply below and tag your August favorites!

Re: Monthly Favorites: August 2020 Edition!

I really haven't used much makeup since March since a lot of it will just rub off on a mask if I'm actually leaving my home. But, I've been loving Kosas Kosasport LipFuel Hyaluronic Acid Lip Balm Rush  which I got in that Sephora Favorites Clean Makeup Set . For Zoom meetings and virtual meetups with friends, I dab on some Shiseido concealer stick and Gucci Sheer Lipstick 506 Louisa Red . 

Also, I've been air drying my hair, partially because we just had 20 consecutive days of triple digit temperatures, and I like spraying Verb Sea Spray 6.3 oz/ 186 mL  on damp hair, making a couple of loose braids, and then twisting and clipping until dry. And, I wanted to try some new shampoos and found a bottle of Together Beauty Love Lather Moisture Shampoo  which I received as gratis quite a while ago--I thought a moisture shampoo would be too rich for my fine hair that tends to go flat and was scared to try the shampoo, but I actually love it!

@txcatx I love my Sea Spray too, but it's been awhile since I've tried the trusted braid method! You inspired me...

@txcatx Nice favorites. 

My most reached for products for August are Pat McGrath Lust lipgloss, paraphernalia & nude negligee are the 2, I noticed reaching for most. Pat McGrath divinyl Nude Venus, even just walking around the house. 😍 Sephora clean grapefruit wipes. My favorite Amorepacific cleanser, this REALLY helps keep my skin under control & a new one face treatment for me this month, Herbivore Lapis face oil. 🤗

@sonnydee Great favs!

thanks @tjffc🤗

thanks @tjffc🤗

Isn't the body scrub absolutely amazing??!! @faeriegirl 

It is amazing @lmaster

@faeriegirl @lmaster The SDJ body scrub needs to come in a biggie Bum Bum size like the holiday container cream but for the same price. 

@SportyGirly125 @faeriegirl brilliant idea!!

That would be great if they did the jumbo size @SportyGirly125!

@faeriegirl I've been so curious about the Glow Recipe Papaya Sorbet Smoothing Enzyme Cleansing Balm & Makeup Remover 3.4 oz/ 100 mL. How does it compare to the one from Farmacy (if you've used that one)? 

@CookieGirl1  I like it a lot better than the Farmacy. The scent is light and fruity, it doesn’t irritate my eyes, and it does a better job removing makeup.

@faeriegirl Wow! The Farmacy one is def the best I've tried so far when it comes to removing makeup, so I'm excited to give this one a try based on your experience. I kinda went cleanser crazy last month, though, and I promised myself I'd use 'em up before I tried any new ones! The only time I'm actually disappointed that my jumbo version of the Fresh soy cleanser is lasting literally for-ev-errrr.

The body scrub looks cool! And I've been interested in trying out naturium lately. How do you feel about their vit C?

@MaddyJ8 I'm also interested in trying out Naturium.

It is the BEST BODY SCRUB EVER. I'm not kidding. I wish it was fragrance free, but other than that, I love the abrasiveness. I've never had one that strong.

@rosegoldlovely I just wish you got more in the Bum Bum scrub.  It reminds of me of sand so much but in a good way with the Bum Bum scent.

I understand and agree. There's been reviewers saying that the scrub is excellent and smells really good, but wish that either the price was lower or if the amount was increased. 7.8 oz for $42 is steep. 🤢 I bought the scrub when it first released over 2 months ago, when I was addicted to Sol de Janeiro. When the excitement wore off, I found more budget friendly body care and finished off my Sol de Janeiro products. I just couldn't justify continuously buying the Body Wash, Cream, Scrub, and Mist. Also, I was using their Shampoo and Conditioner.  Also, surprisingly, I have never received a compliment while wearing the scent. 😐 Just a little something I've noticed. 😕 When I switched to a more budget friendly brand, I've been getting multiple compliments from random people when I'm out. 😅

@faeriegirl nice list! I really need to try the Glow Recipe Cleansing Balm.

18 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos17
  • MonthlyFavesAugust.jpg
  • CYMERA_20200820_230043.jpg
  • Monthly Favorites!
  • Aug swatches.jpeg
  • GeorginaBT august 2020 faves.PNG
  • IMG_20200821_150516.jpg
  • tenor (19).gif
  • 711E1F91-6B24-40A0-BE63-600911EDB971.jpeg
  • IMG_7417.jpg
  • August 2020 favorites: some repeats and some new-to-mes.
testing