cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: August 2020 Edition!

MonthlyFavesAugust.jpg

You know the drill (unless you’re new here, then hi!): It’s time to share your favorite products for the month! Summer has looked a little different for many of us in 2020, but one thing’s for certain: I’m getting my tan on SOMEHOW. My August favorites reflect my current pared-down, “Zoom meeting ready” style – beachy heat-free waves and no-makeup makeup -- and since I’m not spending a whole lot of time in the actual sun these days, I figured I might as well tap into my retinol stash and discover a new favorite! Also, I may have “accidentally” taken advantage of the National Lipstick Day sale at the end of July, which means I’ve had the perf my-lips-but-better shade to rock every day in August 😉.

Here are the products I’ve been keeping on rotation for the month of August:

What products have you been reaching for this month? Reply below and tag your August favorites!

Re: Monthly Favorites: August 2020 Edition!

@GeorgiaGirl67 @I agree both lip masks are great

I haven't tried them yet. That's why I was asking for opinions on which is best.

I use the Tatcha Kissy Lip Mask right after the Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Kiss’r Lip-Loving Scrubstick because it is a nice exfoliant before applying the lip mask. I know that the point of a lip mask is to get rid of dry skin by itself, but it's actually harder for the lip mask to soak in if you have dead skin on top in the way. So I use the Fenty Lip Scrubstick first, then wipe off my mouth with a wet tissue, then I use the Tatcha Kissu Lip Mask on top of the new skin to keep it healthy and prevent it from even becoming dry.

Have you tried the Laniege, @rosegoldlovely?

Not yet. Tatcha has a huge reputation in general, so I felt like I could trust them more. I love that all of their products are made in Japan with Japanese ingredients and, not to mention, their packaging is really adorable and feminine! 😍 I also saw some YouTube reviews comparing them. I even went to my local store two weeks ago to compare lip masks and the Laneige still didn't convince me. The only thing I liked about it was that its smell was fruity. The Tatcha Kissu Lip Mask is near scentless. A few reviewers say that they can smell something, but I put my nose to the jar and I can't smell anything at all. Whichever you choose, I think its still better than not using a lip mask at all, so that's all that matters, lol. 😅 If you could try to see the consistency in person, it'll help a ton. 👌

@GeorgiaGirl67 I personally love the Laneige lip masks - my lips feel great in the morning, but really, you can't go wrong with either mask!

@rosegoldlovely 

How are you liking the Kissu Mask?  I took the free Tatcha Masterclass and they talked about how moisturizing it is.  They even put it on dry parts of their face!

@RAWRitsRED I really like the Kissu mask.  I got it when they first had it over a year ago and am glad they brought it back again.  Several of us on here love.

I actually typed up a review for it like a day or two ago, but I'm not sure if Sephora posted it yet. You know that they have to approve and post it. I made sure to add a packaging picture and before and after picture of my lips in it. It should pop up as the most recent review. If it's not there yet, you can check back in a few hours because it's been two days already since I reviewed that lip mask. But, yes, it is really high quality and excellent. I recommended it to my girl friends yesterday, actually. ☝️😊🎇🎆

@AlexBT  Great favs! I need to try that styling cream! Sounds amazing!

@ather I also really love Christophe Robin Luscious Curl Cream with Flaxseed Oil if you're looking for other air-dry creams to test! 😉

@AlexBT  Oooo Thanks!! 

I've been loving Cosrx so affordable and effective! I had a bit of a bad reaction to a chemical exfoliant and their ceramide cream was perfect for bringing down the irritation adn redness. The green tea gel cream is also perfect for the summer. 

IMG_20200821_150516.jpg

@meou Is that the COSRX Galactomyces 95 Tone Balancing Essence?  What does the texture feel like to you?  I'm thinking about purchasing it.  Also, how has it helped your skin?

@greeneyedgirl107 it is the galactomyces essence! I got it on sale so it was $18 CAD when I happened to be looking for a fermented essence. My struggle - I'm awful at telling what the effect of a product is especially isolating a single one as opposed to my overall routine. i think its made my skin brighter overall and helped in evening up my skin tone/reducing redness but since I've been using it in conjunction with The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL it could be either or. It does add another layer of hydration, has niacinamide and Hyaluronic Acid (so I'm omitting a niacinamide and hyaluronic acid serum once my current ones are emptied) and sinks in nicely so its an enjoyable experience. 

Texture wise it's watery has a little bit of a slip but not that tacky or stringy texture you get from the snail mucin. Definitely thicker then the toners I've used (Benton Aloe BHA and I'm From Rice Toner).

@meou I appreciate your insight.  Thanks so much for responding!

Nice favorites @meou! The elephants are super adorable! 😍

@itsfi  I was back at my house and not my boyfriends and was super excited to have all the trinkets I use to deco 😄

@meou Nice favorites!

thanks @tjffc  Cosrx has doing me well 🙂

@meou  Great favs!!

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos17
  • MonthlyFavesAugust.jpg
  • CYMERA_20200820_230043.jpg
  • Monthly Favorites!
  • Aug swatches.jpeg
  • GeorginaBT august 2020 faves.PNG
  • IMG_20200821_150516.jpg
  • tenor (19).gif
  • 711E1F91-6B24-40A0-BE63-600911EDB971.jpeg
  • IMG_7417.jpg
  • August 2020 favorites: some repeats and some new-to-mes.
testing