cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: August 2020 Edition!

MonthlyFavesAugust.jpg

You know the drill (unless you’re new here, then hi!): It’s time to share your favorite products for the month! Summer has looked a little different for many of us in 2020, but one thing’s for certain: I’m getting my tan on SOMEHOW. My August favorites reflect my current pared-down, “Zoom meeting ready” style – beachy heat-free waves and no-makeup makeup -- and since I’m not spending a whole lot of time in the actual sun these days, I figured I might as well tap into my retinol stash and discover a new favorite! Also, I may have “accidentally” taken advantage of the National Lipstick Day sale at the end of July, which means I’ve had the perf my-lips-but-better shade to rock every day in August 😉.

Here are the products I’ve been keeping on rotation for the month of August:

What products have you been reaching for this month? Reply below and tag your August favorites!

Re: Monthly Favorites: August 2020 Edition!

Thanks @ather 

Always love a good ol' MLBB @AlexBT!! 

GeorginaBT august 2020 faves.PNG

My faves this month:

• Biossance Squalane + Tea Tree Detox Mask: Truly as the name suggests, this mask is a great overall detox for my skin. I use it a couple times a week, and it always leave my skin feeling clean and balanced. 
  • Jack Black Moisture Therapy Lip Balm SPF 25 Mint: I've been using this lip balm for over a decade now, and plan to repurchase for as long as I can. It has the hydration power of a lip mask without feeling too heavy. I always like my lip products to have a minty tinge - I feel like the tingly sensation helps to stimulate blood flow -> plumper lips? Is this all in my head?! Either way, love it. 
  • Olaplex No. 7 Bonding Oil: Just repurchased another one of these before I run out! I'm so loyal to Olaplex No. 3 Hair Repair Perfector 3.3 oz/ 100 mL, and this oil is great to partner with it to reduce breakage. 
  • SEPHORA COLLECTION Glow Peel Pads 60 Pads: These pads have been a major game-changer for me recently. I have been on a mission to reduce the appearance of my dark spots, and so many different products have been helping me on my journey to accomplish that! Recently I hit some sort of roadblock where I wasn't seeing improvement for a while, but after incorporating these pads into my regular routine, I've seen a pretty significant difference! 
  • Shiseido Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector Broad Spectrum Face Sunscreen SPF 42 1 oz/ 30 mL: Shiseido sunscreen always reminds me of my mom, who has been a fan for as long as I can remember. This applies really nicely - great for those with oily skin as it has a matte finish! 

@GeorginaBT I'm also obsessed with a good minty lip tinge - I've been keeping MILK MAKEUP KUSH Lip Glaze Chronic right next to me at my home desk so I can keep that minty-fresh feelin' going all day despite my regular snack attacks...

@GeorginaBT, such great faves!! 😍 I hadn’t thought of the Olaplex No. 3 + 7 pairing, but am going to give it a try. ♥️

@GeorginaBT these are great faves! I love the Shiseido sunscreen.

@GeorginaBT  Those glow pads are my absolute favourite!! I need to try the olaplex oil!!!

@GeorginaBT The tea tree detox mask seems interesting!

Wow, the end of August really snuck up on me. Can't believe fall is literally right around the corner. Looking forward to reading up on (and being enabled by) everyone's favorites this month. Here are mine:

Monthly Favorites!Monthly Favorites!

Spoiler
I've been a fan of the Glow Recipe ladies since they first started curating Kbeauty products for Sephora. I have discovered so many well-loved skincare products from among the beauties they curated for their own site before launching their skincare brand. The Glow Recipe Papaya Sorbet Enzyme Cleansing Balm is one of the loveliest cleansers I have used ... and, trust me, I've used a lot of cleansers. This papaya cleansing balm has a subtle, natural scent of juicy, fresh papaya. It's wonderful that it's called a sorbet because it has such a beautifully light but creamy, smooth consistency and it glides effortlessly on the skin as it gently removes my eye makeup without causing any stinging, burning or irritation, at the same time it is able to breakup my sunblock and any base makeup I may have on. There's so much product packed in this container too, so I don't think I'll be running out anytime soon. 

Butter London Horse Power Nail Fertilizer (old packaging) is one of those nail treatments that seemed more work than it was worth, but my goodness, was I wrong! The idea is that you apply a coat once per day for a week, then remove and take a week off from the product, and then rinse and repeat. 😉 It does take some consistency but I've noticed my nails are stronger and healthier when I keep up with the schedule. 

Sephora #lipstories Lip Balm (Date Prep) is a subtle (but buildable), everyday, MLBB pinky-rosy nude color. The balm itself is moisturizing without being too emollient or greasy. The color lasts about 1.5 to 2 hours on me, but my lips continue to stay soft and moisturized after the color has worn off. 

Tory Burch Tory Burch Eau De Parfum is described as a fresh floral, with notes of grapefruit, jasmine, neroli and peony. I usually shy away from jasmine and neroli scents because they can be too overwhelming for me, but the blend in this fragrance is quite good. I think the grapefruit helps to balance the stronger florals nicely. When I think of a fragrance as "fresh", I think more watery, airy, and scents I'd associate more with the ocean / sea. I don't pick up that type of fresh scent; what I do get is more of a fresh-citrusy, floral scent, one that I keep bringing my wrist up to smell. This one I like from the very beginning to the dry down. 

Aug swatches.jpeg

Glow Recipe Papaya Sorbet Smoothing Enzyme Cleansing Balm & Makeup Remover 3.4 oz/ 100 mL 

SEPHORA COLLECTION #LIPSTORIES Lip Balm Date Prep 

Tory Burch Tory Burch 3.4oz/100mL Eau de Parfum Spray 

Thanks so much @AlexBT for starting this month's thread! Love your photo! Will have to take a look at the Isle of Paradise Self-Tanning Mousse. 

@itsfi Wow, photo goals! A gorgeous flatlay -- and you inspired me to do my nails!

Awww, thank you @AlexBT! I’ve been using the time at home to try to be more consistent with a few routines. The nails one seemed to stick; well, except for the last couple of weeks but I’m getting back to it again. 

@itsfi Nice products!

Thank you @tjffc! 😊 I usually rotate through several different lip colors, but this month, I kept reaching for the lipstories lip balm! 

@itsfi 

That's a great pic!  I love the color coordination!

Thank you @RAWRitsRED! The colors in the calendar pulled it all together. ☺️

@itsfi ,

That was such a nice description of the Tory Birch Tory Birch Parfum Spray!  I really want to sample it!

Glow Recipe Papaya Sorbet Cleansing Balm is a must-have, now! 

I didn't know about the Butter London Horse Power Nail Fertilizer, but now I do!  I think that I need this.

Thank you @tsavorite! 🤗 I’m not very good at describing perfume notes so it’s easier for me to say if I smell or don’t smell the notes it’s supposed to have in it. Ha! It’s such a nice everyday scent. Oh my goodness, the Butter London was such a surprise. It can get gummy near the end of week with all the layers that have accumulated, so I sometimes just remove what layers I have in the middle of the week. My nails look and feel better when I use this; I was off of it for a couple of weeks longer than I should have been and I could tell my nails were going back to what they were like - weaker, more prone to peeling, etc.

@itsfi ,

I just ordered the Butter London Horse Power to give it a try!

Yay! 🙌🏼 Would love to know how you like it @tsavorite! Hope it works well for you! 🤞🏼 

@itsfi  I love your pic!!! And you are making me want to try that cleanser!!!! 

Awww @ather, thank you, hon! As for the cleansing balm, ohhhh, it's really nice. I'd say more about it. But, I know you are on a no-buy, so . . . look, squirrel! Hahaha! 🤣

@itsfi  All good it’s on my watch list!! I have sooooo many cleansers I need to use. Although every time you rave about it I put it in my cart then talk myself down!! 🤣 also I’m holding out for a mini version!!

30 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos17
  • MonthlyFavesAugust.jpg
  • CYMERA_20200820_230043.jpg
  • Monthly Favorites!
  • Aug swatches.jpeg
  • GeorginaBT august 2020 faves.PNG
  • IMG_20200821_150516.jpg
  • tenor (19).gif
  • 711E1F91-6B24-40A0-BE63-600911EDB971.jpeg
  • IMG_7417.jpg
  • August 2020 favorites: some repeats and some new-to-mes.
testing