cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: August 2020 Edition!

MonthlyFavesAugust.jpg

You know the drill (unless you’re new here, then hi!): It’s time to share your favorite products for the month! Summer has looked a little different for many of us in 2020, but one thing’s for certain: I’m getting my tan on SOMEHOW. My August favorites reflect my current pared-down, “Zoom meeting ready” style – beachy heat-free waves and no-makeup makeup -- and since I’m not spending a whole lot of time in the actual sun these days, I figured I might as well tap into my retinol stash and discover a new favorite! Also, I may have “accidentally” taken advantage of the National Lipstick Day sale at the end of July, which means I’ve had the perf my-lips-but-better shade to rock every day in August 😉.

Here are the products I’ve been keeping on rotation for the month of August:

What products have you been reaching for this month? Reply below and tag your August favorites!

Re: Monthly Favorites: August 2020 Edition!

@tjffc thank you!! 😊

All your fragranced items are making me swoon @lmaster! 🥰 Love the scent on the SdJ scrub. That Killian scent is so nice. I (lovingly) blame @sonnydee for inspiring / enabling that purchase. 😆 Voluspa - that time is gorgeous and I bet the scent is divine. 

Heeheehee! Aww, this gif is adorbs and so funny too! @sonnydee @lmaster 

@sonnydee haha!!! That's so cute

Thank you thank you kind hearted @itsfi 

@lmaster Ooo I love a good body scrub! Adding that SDJ to my list 🙂

@AlexBT the texture is so unique,, it was an instant love

@lmaster It's good, right? It doesn't irritate my skin or dry me out at all. I've been meaning to up my usage!

CYMERA_20200820_230043.jpg

actually took a photo this time.  I was ready!  This time I gave them bae categories, because I definitely reached for these things before anything else.  (Don't hate me, it was funny in my head.)

New Bae on the Block: Sephora Au Soleil Beach Vibes Body Scrub...I wish this was still on site.  I did not like it at first.  It's really goopy, which was offputting, but I like the scent so I kept using it.  I'm glad I did, it does leave my skin nice and soft.

Beauty Board Bae...Mia Prima!  BIC made me get this!  I know it's being d/c so when it dies (and the back up) then this love affair ends.  I don't know how much cleaner my face is, but I do know between this and the The Original MakeUp Eraser The Original MakeUp Eraser® Makeup Remover Cloth Pink there's nary a product left on my face.  Also, it's like a nice little massage to wake me up in the AM.

Bae from the Box - Beautiniq Beauty Butter Lip & Cheek Balm in Peach Blush.  This came in Allure's BB July 2020.  I swatched it as was like, it's kinda nice, but when I used brushes with it...next level!  It does well as monochrome makeup (for me, just eye & cheek -don't really want to use on my lip), and it blends well with a lot of my highlighters, so I get that "burst" effect from a Wayne Goss tutorial.

Side Bae - Velour Lashes Fluff'n Brow Pencil - 3-in-1 Brow Pencil and Balm Dark Brown .  Okay, KVD brow pomade, I've cheated on you...but you HAVE to understand...It's a magic brown wand!  It's gold and pretty!  The "pencil" is similar to ABH Brow definer (I've cheated on my pomade a lot).  The velour pencil is a little slimmer than ABH BD; I find it fairly easy to shape and fill my brows in comparison.  The balm is nice, not remarkable as it sometimes rubs off the pencil, but I love the look of this pencil and the ease of use.

Bad Boy Bae - Uoma Beauty Bad--- Icon Lipstick.  I wanted Tina, so when it was 60% off, it was tina time!  And Tracy too.  Tina is a great red-orange lip.  I have a few red oranges, but this red orange is a subtle red orange on me.  I love the feel of these lippies, can't wait to wear them outside.  Warning: they transfer reallllly easily.

My Old Bae - Jouer Cosmetics Essential High Coverage Liquid Concealer Dulce de Leche .  I love this concealer so much.  It's really full coverage, thick, but not runny or heavy.  I also have been using it to help clean up my brows, it really does everything I need it to.

@danielledanielle  I think it is such a clever post! Definitely made me smile! 🤣

@danielledanielle, your categories always make me smile! 😍 Hmmm... 🤔 how did I not know Jouer had a concealer?! Adding it to my list of products to check out! 😉 

@itsfi , glad to crack a smile.

Oh man, I love their concealer, I'm not sure how I came across it.. Maybe a foil?  I use it to conceal scars, clean up my brow and sometimes as an eyeshadow base.

@danielledanielle hahhaa your Bae names were too perfect. I almost bought the Velour brow pencil a couple weeks ago and decided against it for some reason, but you made me reconsider! Maybe it will be my next Beauty Board Bae.

Haha, awesome alliteration @AlexBT !

@AlexBT Great products!

@AlexBT , ever since I received SEPHORA COLLECTION Clean Glowing Skin Foundation #13 I have worn it daily. I am able to wear either shade 9 or shade 11. It looks like my skin but better. In fact I plan on giving a bunch of foundations to my coworker so it will not expire before use. 
I rediscovered Josie Maran Whipped Argan Oil Body Butter 8 oz Unscented . I am unable to tag the Vanilla Apricot scent but it has once again became a favorite. The scent is not overpowering but long lasting. I hold up all body lotions to Josie Maran’s body butters. 
I received Lancôme L’Absolu Mademoiselle Lip Balm in Cosy Cranberry in a gratis package back in March. My first impression was not favorable. The more I used it the more I realized how pretty that color was on me. I liked it so much that on National Lipstick Day, I stocked up on all of the colors that I felt would be flattering on me. They are comfortable on my face mask. The color can be as bold or as sheer as one would like. Unfortunately I was unable to tag this.

I may be adding to this list.

@Loretta55  Sephora clean foundation is my fav as well!!!

Love the Josie Maran Vanilla Abricot @Loretta55! Such a lovely scent! ♥️

My three favorite JM Body Butter scents are vanilla bean, vanilla apricot and whipped strawberries and cream @itsfi . Unfortunately whipped strawberries and cream has been discontinued.

Conversation Stats
Photos17
  • MonthlyFavesAugust.jpg
  • CYMERA_20200820_230043.jpg
  • Monthly Favorites!
  • Aug swatches.jpeg
  • GeorginaBT august 2020 faves.PNG
  • IMG_20200821_150516.jpg
  • tenor (19).gif
  • 711E1F91-6B24-40A0-BE63-600911EDB971.jpeg
  • IMG_7417.jpg
  • August 2020 favorites: some repeats and some new-to-mes.
testing