cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Monthly Favorites: April 2020 Edition

Monthly Favorites April 2020.jpg

Hello, BIC! Is that time of the month already, it’s time for us to share all the beauty products we’ve been loving all month long. This month, I’ve tried my best to keep a daily routine going to maintain a sense of normalcy and productivity. I am very appreciative for all of you - not only for giving the best beauty advice but for all the love, mutual support and daily positivity. All my favorite products this month have been things I’ve discovered through the Community 🙂 

Here is the list of my April favorites:

What are your April favorites? And what is one thing you have in your basket for the Spring Sales Event? Click the reply button below to share!

Anonymous Insider

these have been mine

RE: Monthly Favorites: April 2020 Edition

In April, I’ve tried and fallen for the La Mer Tonic. Expensive, but it made me splurge during the sale on the Treatment Lotion, Moisturizing Soft Cream and the original cream. So far, the soft cream is a big no (drying, accentuates my fine lines). Going to try the lotion and original cream tonight (just took them out of the box). Kinda excited but a little weary after the soft cream experience.

Re: RE: Monthly Favorites: April 2020 Edition

@LindaTT, how did you like the original cream?  That's my favorite in the line. The soft cream isn't moisturizing enough for me. My husband uses my original cream, too, when he gets under eye ezcema.

@curlychiquita, the original cream is a pass for me. I just gifted it to a friend. She in turn gave me a sample of the Tatcha Essence, which so far, is very nice. I think the original cream wasn't as drying as the soft cream, but just not what I'm looking for.

@LindaTT ah well, I hope your friend enjoys it!

Re: Monthly Favorites: April 2020 Edition

My April Favourites!  In a month that I slipped on beauty a lot.  Quarantine had me staying in jammies all day and forgetting about even washing my face some days.  

- Tony Moly The Green Tea Watery Mist.  I had this next to the couch where I did a lot of my work this month.  I really like the super light scent and that it's a continuous mist.  Most other mists I've tried I need to keep pumping.  This format is a big win for me.

- The Nars blush in Impassioned.  I usually use a cream blush but the colour on this is a great one for me, I've been sweeping it across my nose and sometimes forehead a bit too for a 'I've been outside" kinda look... when I haven't been outside at all.

- The Ulta Brow Tint is the first brow product like this I've used.  Quicker than a pencil, and a bit of hold too.  Perfect shade!  I'm curious to branch out into more of these types of products this year. 

- The Kiehl's Butterstick was great.  Ive morphed over the last three or four years into a tinted balm gal and this one is great slip, SPF and a lovely tint.  Just bought another shade.

- Versed Overnight facial peel.  K... this didn't perform miracles or anything, but its a one step bed time treatment and moisturizer in one.  My lazy butt thinks that's pretty A-ok! 

IMG_5834.jpg

Due to not really being out and about/long shipping delays I didn’t get a chance to try much new in April. I did, however, decided to give colored hair a chance. I used SEPHORA COLLECTION - Semi-Permanent Hair Color - 01 Psychic Pink to cover the blonde highlights in my hair because why not. It was super easy to use, and I’m pretty pleased with the results! I have a lot of hair and still have plenty of the bottle left for future touch ups and reapplication, which I for sure plan to do. It’s fading to a really cool dark golden pink, something I’m totally comfortable wearing in ”real” life whenever that begins again. 
6B4E1A7F-A64C-4973-A303-DE0BF7858D53.jpeg

RE: Re: Monthly Favorites: April 2020 Edition

It looks beautiful on your hair. Soft and unique.

B00FA2B9-6102-4A71-8F2A-E12AC7F1C395.jpeg

My favs this month. Gave up trying other vit c serums and went back to Paulas Choice. Definitely brightens and makes my skin look good. Also tried out some other Paulas Choice new to me products. 5% AHA and spf 50 moisturizer. Both are great but probably won’t get the 5% again as I like a bit higher AHA. For makeup I I’ve the ABH sultry and the new Natasha Denona mini. The CT is a mainstay eye shadow/liner in a pretty bronze. 

Nice faves, @jen81!! I love the PTR water drench!!

Totally loving that Brigeo hair mask. I also like the Brigeo charcoal scrub scalp revival conditioner for gently scalp relief. I've been really enjoying the Tatcha liquid canvas veil as a lightweight primer.

I need to add one more item to my April favorites. RITA HAZAN - Root Concealer Touch-Up Spray Temporary Gray Coverage has been a life saver. My roots are embarrassing grey but this stuff really works. This is my third day and I only need a minor touch up. I normally have my roots colored every four weeks especially around my temples. I do not plan on going outside today but it does wash out easily.If any product gets on your skin just use micellular water to remove. If I could master the application I may only have my roots colored every 8 weeks.

It's been a rough month for me here in NYC, I live in Corona, Queens. Suffice to say, all I've been doing this month is trying to maintain an easy, comforting routine, and letting myself reach for whatever products I'm craving. I'd say it's a true test of what beauty products shine for me, personally. 

My lips have been terribly dry, and I realized it's because I haven't been wearing lipstick, which keeps them hydrated. So I shopped my stash and am back to loving fresh Sugar Advanced Therapy Treatment Lip Balm Translucent. I'm also planning to pick up fresh Rose Petal-Soft Deep Hydration Lip Balm 0.3 oz/ 10g because I can't resist any lip balm that has rose.

My skin has been completely clear due to not wearing any makeup, even though I've been eating not so great. I switched up my routine a bit to using BELIF - The True Cream Aqua Bomb with two drops of Fresh Seaberry Skin Nutrition Booster. 

At night I'm loving LANEIGE - Lavender Water Sleeping Mask, such a comforting smell, and of course LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask Intense Hydration with Vitamin C Original is a favorite every month. I'm also using GLOW RECIPE - Watermelon + AHA Glow Sleeping Mask a few nights a week, I love how it helps to brighten when my skin feels dull. 

My eye circles this month are SO dark. I've finally forced myself to use eye cream consistently, really liking INNISFREE - Orchid Youth-Enriched Eye Cream right now.

For my hands amongst all the hand washing, I'm using the Tatcha Indigo Hand Cream during the day and the Skinfix Eczema+ Hand Repair Cream 3 oz/ 89 mL at night.

Lastly, my Clarisonic Mia finally died on me after 10+ years, and I am in love with my  FOREO - LUNA™ 3 for Combination Skin. The massaging functions make me feel amazing, I use a different massage a couple nights a week to help products absorb better, and use the cleansing side every morning. 

I still have a bunch of new stuff I'm looking forward to trying that I bought during the sale, so next month should be exciting!

@lnum I hope incorporating these wonderful products into your routine cheered you up. I’m in NYC as well, stuck in Manhattan Midtown. Never seen it so empty before. Sad. But back to the products, thank you for your review of Fresh rose lip balm. I have my eye on it. I love lip sleeping masks and balms so much. Laneige is my favorite as well. Is the consistency of Fresh rose lip balm more like other Fresh balms or like Laneige ones? BTW, that Laneige Lavender sleeping mask is amazing. I appreciate the fact that the smell is not overpowering. 

Thank you! @Zvezdochka I can only imagine how empty midtown must be with all the offices closed. In Corona I still see people outside just due to population density here so it almost looks strangely normal aside from everyone wearing masks and the distancing guidelines. 

I actually just picked up the fresh Rose Petal-Soft Deep Hydration Lip Balm 0.3 oz/ 10g and have yet to try it. I’ll report back when I do!

NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer, Tarte Gimme Brow, Glamglow Bright Eyes Illuminating Anti-Fatigue Eye Cream, Herbivore Coco Rose Body Polish. These are just some new products I've tried in April and loved!

Hang in there @lnum. I know this has been rough on you. I do agree about the Fresh Treatment Balm. I purchased the Sephora Favorites Lip Balm set and the clear winner to my amazement was the Fresh balm. The lemonade scent is an added plus. In fact I am preferring it to Laneige Sleeping Mask.

Thank you @Loretta55 ! It certainly made me glad Sephora keeps us well stocked with fresh lip balms as promos all the time. 

I am sure that you saw the weather forecast that our weather will be in the low seventies on Saturday @lnum. I am really looking forward to enjoying it especially since our governor has reopened the state parks starting tomorrow. I do agree that Sephora keeps us well stocked with the Fresh promos.

@Loretta55 Oh my gosh I had not seen the weather, thanks for lifting my spirits! I live right near a big park, Flushing Meadows, so maybe I’ll go for a walk, or be able to sit on my balcony at least! I hope you enjoy it too!

Conversation Stats
Photos25
  • Monthly Favorites April 2020.jpg
  • IMG_20200422_150933.jpg
  • C01682AF-5D61-4A72-9EA4-CFF72BFD5EB4.jpeg
  • Top: Guerlain KissKiss Rosehip Tinted Lip Balm; Bottom: Sephora Jelly Melt. Both swatched 2x.
  • FED276F7-1155-4BD1-85CA-9F13523A6038.jpeg
  • 20200423_112625.jpg
  • 20200426_195954.jpg
  • 20200426_200053.jpg
  • 20200426_200157.jpg
  • 20200426_133432~3.jpg
testing