Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Trending Now

Missing deluxe sample and wrong 1 out of 3 small sample

Hi,

My order just came and i used the code MOISTURIZE and I was supposed to get a full size Origins A Perfect World SPF 25 Age-Defense and instead I received a tiny 0.24fl. oz. My ordered missed the deluxe item for one thing, the worse part was its a tiny sample not even a deluxe size. I honestly made this order because of the code MOISTURIZE. Also, for the 1 out of 3 samples I also got a wrong one but I do know that sometimes substitutions may occur when samples are out of stock.

I am very disappointed with the missing deluxe sample. 

Re: Missing deluxe sample and wrong 1 out of 3 small sample

Hi Violalea, I'll send you a message for more info. Smiley Happy -Laura

Smiley Sad  It sucks when you think you're getting one thing and end up with another. It happens all the time with my 3 free samples..... yes I know substitutions may occur but if you don't know my skin type plz don't send me a powder foundation sample in a color that is Far from my skin color!

I know it would be difficult, but I wish they would send an email with a "sorry we're out of stock" so we could pick another sample.

I guess it's even worse if you use a code. I know I placed many of orders just because of the "codes" and sample I would be able to test out. I think we've all been there, & have felt your pain :/

Exactly, my 2 recents orders, the 3 samples were replaced too but I was okay with that cause only foil packages no big deal but not my deluxe sample especially I ordered because of that. 

I've used deluxe sample codes before and received something different...I'm okay with that happening with the little foil packet samples but not with the deluxe samples!

Very true carrierrose, I am cool with my 3 samples got replaced but not deluxe sample in this case it was missing. And I got 4 small samples instead of 3 small samples and 1 big deluxe sample and it was supposed to be full size.

That totally sucks!!  The packer on my order must have been on something...they were missing my St. Tropez mitt, but included a full sized $20 Origins cleanser that I did NOT order and screwed up the deluxe perk.  I didn't complain about that because of the "freebie."  This particular packer didn't check off the items individually, but put one long line through everything.  Then they scrawled their packer # so I had trouble figuring out what it said when I called to get my mitt.

My order from 2 weeks ago said I was going to get the Algenist 100 pt perk & I ended up with something different. When I called they said "too bad" even though it was available again the next day Smiley Sad  

What???? You used your 100pts for that specific perk! I'd be pissed!!! The least they could do was give you your 100pts back. That's freaken crazy!!!

I've had messed up orders and when i called they were alittle rude. 

In one case everything that i ordered wasn't in the box, all the samples and promo code items were but nothing that i had purchased. I called and they shipped it out but i needed the items right then. I know how long it takes for me to receive an order and i ordered foundation because i knew i had about 5 days left of it and i was out and had to run out to walmart and get a cheap foundation to hold me over for a week. I was so mad they could have at least upgraded the shipping.

dannyc,

No that was not right. They should have given you your points back.

I agree. It wasn't like you used a code for the point perk. You cashed in your own points to get something. I would expect them to return my 100 points. Now if I didn't get a sample that I used a code for, I wouldn't mind too much. I'd just be disappointed. 

Hi dannyc,

I'd be happy to take a look at your order that was missing your perk!  I'll send you a message for more info Smiley Happy

xo, Mia

Aww that's terrible! I've had a sample substitution where I wanted the kit with Dior mini-lipstick but it was out so I got a BM kit with a purple/grey lip gloss. There was once that I thought they forgot to put in a sample, but it turns out it was suck/buried in the packaging instead of together with the rest in the middle, so maybe check your packaging? Otherwise, good luck. =(

nope it was missing. So a Beauty advisor messaged me and said sorry for the glitch, the code was last year and they system should have not allowed me to use the code and gave me 100 points. I would still prefer my deluxe sample instead of 100 points. I have a ton of them. But I guess something better than nothing.

Hi Violalea,

While I know that there is currently an "Active Promo Codes" thread floating around Beauty Talk, we always suggest visiting our Promotions Page on Sephora.com here> http://bit.ly/LJ26em, as these are our current promos.  The Active Promo Thread is not reliable & lists older promotions.  I apologize for the confusion!  I'll check with the other mods, but if the lists posted by community members cause problems with missing items in other client orders, we may have to remove it Smiley Sad 

xo, Mia

I agree, when using older promo codes you're basically taking a risk.

Highlighted

miabt,

Someone on the haul page used the code last week and received the full size Origins.

I completely understand your frustration!  Old promos do have limited/low stock, which is why we no longer promote them, so it is highly possible that between the last time it was used & now, it was no longer available.  Thanks for clarifying!

@violalea maybe it has to do with where we are located in the country?  Like the warehouse that is near me had a few but maybe the warehouse near you didnt?  

Yes, roxystar4 has just replied and she said she used the MOISTURIZE code last Friday and received the full size and I believe I ordered last Thursday or Friday as well. So please dont blame on the old code. If the system allowed me to put in the code, I should have received the promised deluxe item. 

And no please if you guys are not happy with me voicing my opinion here, I will not be doing it anymore. But please do NOT remove the code list, I dont want other ladies have to suffer because of the mistake your system caused in the first place.

Yeah, I totally made an order for the samples--not even the deluxe sample, for the BUXOM lipgloss that was on there last week. 

When it came in yesterday, GUESS WHAT. The foldy paper thing was there but NOT THE LIPGLOSS. WTHECKKKKKK. 

I know it was small but it ruined my day. I hope to never have my items packed by that person again. 

Did you check everywhere in the box? Made sure it wasn't under anything? I'd be disappointed. Could've at least given you a different sample. I chose that one too as one of my 3 sample choices. My package should be here tomorrow so I hope I get mines.

sephoralovex,

I did check and nothing. I just went to the Haul page and someone used the code and received the full size Origin. So no, if I was able to put in the code then I should have got the full size. I wanted to use   other 4 codes as well but MOISTURIZE was my first choice. 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 32 replies
  • 26 Hearts Given
  • 14 Contributors