Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora

May Favorites

Can you guys believe it's already June? I loved reading and learning about all of your April Favorite products so I thought we could continue with a May Favorite thread to talk about everyone's favorite products they used last month.

This thread is a place to share your favorite products, from long-time holy-grails to new ones you want to talk about! 

Which products  were you loving the most in May? Show & tell!

Re: May Favorites

BEB9E90F-3CA3-4EF4-8F25-CA51164E4D09.jpeg

AB2FF532-D781-4783-BD5B-CFA2B4A60FE2.jpeg

9C52CB18-1A8F-4547-8C32-B6647C8D2E7F.jpeg

I’ve been loving the no makeup makeup look even more because it’s *so* hot right now. 

♡ Fenty Beauty Gloss Bomb

♡ Artist Couture Highlighter in Illuminati: the prettiest highlighter ever.. that’s saying a lot coming from someone who owns way too many!

♡ Urban Decay Blush in Indecent: THE best light peach blush. Slightly lighter than MAC’s Peaches.

♡ Chanel Les Beiges Powder

♡ Jo Malone Sea Salt and Wood Sage

♡ Too Faced Life’s A Festival Palette: an actually wearable color palette for someone who strays away from color. 💖

♡ Too Faced Peach Perfect Powder (not pictured): long time holy grail of mine. I hope they never discontinue this. This powder never cakes up and keeps my face decently matte but it doesn’t suck the life out of it. 

@myumewGreat item choices, and second of all can we just take a moment and say how nicely done the photos are.

My favorite has been the too faced "lifes a festival" palette. I am loving the colors, and been playing with them a lot lately.

What a nice thread, I love reading everyone's favorites 🙂

My favorites for the month of May were :

1 - Drunk Elephant Umbra Tinte 30 FPS sunscreen. Gives me a gorgeous bronze and dewy look, but still protects me from the sun. You do need to reapply after a couple of hours like any other sunscreen. I am naturally pretty fair and i think the tint is a little too dark for me when i have no tan so i won't use it all year round, but it's perfect for summer. It did not break me out.

2 - Sol de Janeiro Bod Buff Smoothing Scrub n' Mask. My skin is loving this as a scrub and as a mask. I thought this was a splurge at first, but my skin was left smooth (for days!!) and smelling oh so divine.

3 - Make Up For Ever 122 Blending Brush. I bought this because of Kathleen Lights and it does make my bronzer look airbrushed like i was sun kissed. Another luxurious item in my opinion, but since i use it everytime i apply my makeup i think it's worth the money.

Products I bought at the end of May and I will be trying during the month of June :

- Ole Henriksen Balancing Force Oil Control Toner. Not sure if I like it. It feels good but it doesn't do much for my skin as of yet..

- Sol de Janeiro Glow Oil in Copacabana. Can't wait to try it, looks beautiful.

I really enjoy recapping the month with this thread! I definitely played around with makeup more than skincare in the month of May, so most of my favorites are from that category.

I think June might be more skincare, as i just used up a bunch of skincare and i'm going to work through my DS and sample stash instead of purchasing for now.

• Becca first light priming filter - May was super busy for me, which resulted in many nights with little sleep. This primer seemed to magically wake up my face each morning and make me look like i got 7 hours of sleep. I was able to stock up with the weekly wow 🙂
  • Jo Malone Peony & Blush Suede fragrance - I'm not even going to try to describe the scent, but to me it's the perfect spring/summer smell. The scent lasts crazy long on my skin - like even after a sweaty workout. 
  • Becca Sunrise Bronzer - I've always been a little scared of bronzer, but this one looks super natural and glowy on the skin. I can even build it up a bit without looking too makeup-y. Excited to use this all summer.

Hi Beauty! @scott1201

Thanks for the love! We're glad to hear you're loving our First Light Primer and Sunlit Bronzer! 

Stay beautiful, 

xoxo

I completely agree with @fieldsofclover. I love this thread. Also, I can't believe we're already half way into the year! I'm almost at my one year mark at Sephora. 🙂

Here are my May favorites: 

• YSL Touche Eclat Blur Primer: I'm a mattifying primer kinda gal, so using an illuminating primer is a little outside of my comfort zone. In all honesty, the packaging got me. IT'S. SO. BEAUTIFUL!! I was lucky and snagged a deluxe sample at my local Sephora store. It happened to be a 100 points Reward in store! I was shocked how a little product goes a loooooong way, which made me happy since this primer is a bit more on the pricey side. This deluxe sample lasted me three weeks. I love how this primer made my skin feel so smooth and it blurred my pores. This primer was very different from all the ones that I own, so I went for it! I purchased the full size. Two words for you guys: no regrets. I'm so happy with this primer! You can find it here > https://www.sephora.com/product/touche-eclat-blur-primer-P397615.
  • Becca Ultimate Coverage 24-Hour Foundation: I went to a fun Becca event and got shade matched for this foundation. Buff is my most fitting shade! I was SO impressed by this foundation. The title says it all. This foundation provides AMAZING coverage. My skin looks flawless when I wear it. Usually full coverage foundations feel heavy on my skin, but this foundation is very light weight. I have oily/combination skin and was scared to use this foundation without setting my face with a powder because it has a natural finish. This foundation was amazing on my skin! I don't have to set it with a powder and it's long wearing. I get breakfast at around 8am and leave the office at 5:30pm. After work and running errands/going to dinner with friends, my makeup still looks amazing and flawless by the time I get home. Obsessed would be an understatement, but I love LOVE love this foundation. You can find it here > https://www.sephora.com/product/ultimate-coverage-complexion-creme-P384640?skuId=2076081. 

Best Regards,

❤️ Raquel

Hi Beauty! @RaquelBT

So glad to hear you love our Ultimate Coverage 24-Hour Foundation! Thanks for the love! 

xoxo

Hi @beccacosmetics,

You're welcome! It's definitely my go-to foundation at this time. 🙂

Best Regards,

❤️ Raquel 

@RaquelBT I agree, the Becca foundation is SO GOOD! I am so impressed by the coverage and I am all about full-coverage foundations. Now I need to look into that YSL primer, I bet it plays nicely with the Becca foundation. 

One year of beauty bliss! Congrats on your one year Sephora-versary 🙂

@KatieBT - Yes! These two products pair very well together! Also, thank you very much. 🙂

Best Regards,

❤️ Raquel 

Okay, my favorites list:

*  Gimme Brow +, Benefit's Gimme Brow is super easy to get those to-die-for, natural brows, it makes my brows look fuller than the tweezed-out sparseness.  Go-To Holy Grail

*  Lancome Cils XL Booster Primer for mascara - shows up super white, but with any mascara over it, it works like a charm - long-staying and doesn't make my lashes super crispy like other mascara primers

* NAR Orgasm Blush - al day, every day, tie it in with my fav bronzer Hoola and it's sculpted cheeks for days!

*  Fresh Sugar Lip Balm in Brown Sugar.  Luxurious and divine!

Love this thread!

First of all, I can't believe it's already June. May just flew by and it's already summer. I'm really inspired by the glowing, bronze sun kissed makeup and beachy waves I'm seeing in Gallery. These are the products I really enjoyed in May:

1.) Tatcha The Essence Plumping Skin Softener: I've been on the fence about adding an essence to my skincare routine, because I wasn't sure if it was necessary. So many people rave about this one from Tatcha, so I decided to give it a go. It's 98.7 percent Japanese superfoods (green tea, rice and algae). I really like how light and easy it is to apply. I've been using it for over a month and my skin is softer. I like using it underneath a sheet mask to help my skin absorb the serum from my nightly sheet mask.

2.) Pat McGrath MTHRSHP Subliminal Platinum Bronze Eyeshadow Palette: There are so many palettes out there and I was looking for the one that could do it all. I found it! This palette has warm bronze tones which are perfect for summer and I can use them for day and night looks. Plus, they're super pigmented and how gorgeous is the packaging?! Pat McGrath's palettes are truly a work of art.

3.) Youth to The People Superfood Skin Reset Antioxidant Mask: I try to use a face mask every night (the sign of a true skin care junkie, right?). I alternate between sheet masks and clay masks. This one from Youth To The People has easily become my favorite. It has superfoods such as kale, algae and spinach. It's also one of the few clay masks that aren't drying and don't feel tight on the skin. I also see a noticeable difference in the brightness of my skin after every use. 

Product I'm trying in June:

1.) Everyone raves about the Shiseido Facial Cotton. I'm not picky about my facial cotton, but being a skincare nerd, I'm excited about trying it out. I plan to use it with my essence and toner. I will be trying them out for the month of June!

Stay Gorgeous Ladies,

Penelope

@PenelopeBT The YTTP mask is on my shopping list for next month!

Yay, I'm glad this thread is happening again! I have a lot of new favorites this month.

Skincare:

+ Boscia - Charcoal Pore Pudding

I got one of the minis from the rewards bazaar, and I should have gotten five. I could almost use this every day! Definitely getting a full size when I run out.

+ Perricone MD - Cocoa Moisture Mask

A lot of moisturizing wash-off masks feel too heavy for me but I really like this one. Major bonus: it reeeeally smells like chocolate. Have stockpiled two jars of this because I think it might be discontinued soon? Check out that sale price, though!

Makeup:

+ Lancôme - Ombre Hypnôse Stylo Cream Shadow Stick

I bought this a couple months ago but hadn't used it much until this month... I really focused on skincare in May which meant less time for makeup in the mornings. This has been an absolute rock star - doesn't crease, doesn't budge. Still looked like new after a long bike ride yesterday, too. These have a permanent spot in my 10-minute-face routine now.

+ Nars x Erdem eye palette

I know only Sephora Canada is selling these, but I reach for mine almost every day I do a regular eyeshadow look now. The formula is noticeably better than my favorite Nars shadow duo, too. This is a long-term panning project now because I genuinely look forward to using it.

Etc.:

Sol de Janeiro - Brazilian 4 Play Shower Cream-Gel

Another item I bought a few months ago but didn't get into until May. I was conflicted about the ticket price for a body wash, I mean come on *how* much? but yeah I'm definitely repurchasing when it finally runs out. It's thick/concentrated so you don't need to use much, one bottle is lasting me ages... I layer it with the Bum Bum Cream and the body spray on days I need a mood lift, but it's not so strong that it sticks around and clashes with other perfumes if I wear a different lotion/perfume. Yum.

This is such a fun thread!

I tried a new supplement this past month, HUM Nutrition's Collagen Love Skin Firming Supplement.  I don't know about skin firming, but it sure has helped my joint pain!  Expensive but worth it.

After seeing @starsandbucks' glowing complexion on one of the threads, I decided to try Ilia's Soft Focus Finishing Powder, since that was one of the products she used.  It's one of the nicest finishing powders I've ever used.

Lastly, I added a new exoliant to my routine.  Sephora sells the brand, but not the product.  It's Omorovicza's Gentle Buffing Cleanser.  I'm not one to usually go for a "buffing" anything, but when I combined using this after two days of my Alpha H Beauty Sleep Power Peel, my skin, for once, was completely clear and smooth.  My husband even commented on it.  And that was after neglecting it for about a week.

In April I decided to commit to a Drunk Elephant skincare routine and I am loving it! 

I've been using the C-Tango eye cream, TLC serum, Umbra Tinte (daytime) and Lala Cream (nighttime moisturizer). My skin seems happier than it was in months prior so I am optimistic that this combination has something to do with that!

I'm also using my Fresh rose toner - I love the scent and how soothing this is. I spent a lot of time in the sun over the weekend and this instantly refreshes my skin and gets it ready for my skincare routine. 

As far as makeup, not much has changed although I have rekindled my love for my Hourglass Ambient Edit and finally purchased an Hourglass bronzer. Hourglass products make my skin look airbrushed so I'm a big fan 😄

Another product I keep reaching for is my Pretty Vulgar Shimmer Swan Highlighter. It's just so shimmery! 

I am embarking on a DE routine this month, @KatieBT  I hope I have similar results to yours one month out.  I have minis of everything except the green-lidded eye product (its name escapes me atm).  It's kinda fun piecing together a routine from travel-size kits and promo items.

RE: Re: May Favorites

@KatieBT I have been using DE Protini cream as soon as it was available in Canada and I must say that it’s my HG face cream! As far as the C Firma serum goes well I received an already oxidized one which was dark orange in colour but I couldn’t return it because it was in a Sephora Favourites kit and I had it longer than 30 days! I wish the Sukari baby facial was available in Canada but it’s not so I ordered it’s dupe : TO AHA&BHA peeling solution but I had to order it from the UK since it’s also not available here and I couldn’t find any other provider for the DE one . The DE website doesn’t ship in the Great White North! I love the Marula oil but I only use it when it’s very cold and dry , I will mix a few drops in the Protini cream and my dry winter skin just loves this combination. I have been trying to get the tinted Umbra sunscreen since it uses mineral sunscreens but it’s always OOS. I can only wear mineral sunscreen since my skin and myself don’t like chemical ones and I just love that DE is a cruelty free brand 🐘!

Re: RE: Re: May Favorites

@keana1 Protini is next in my lineup but I must use up my Lala first! I have heard great things but am now more excited to try this out thanks to your glowing review 🙂

I believe the darker shade of C-Firma to be a natural effect after time but it should be good for months after you open it. Let me investigate!

RE: Re: May Favorites

@KatieBT I haven’t really tried any of the other DE products, but I do use the C-Firma Serum every morning and love it! Will have to try some of the others in the line as replacements for others as they finish.
Conversation Stats
Photos5
  • BEB9E90F-3CA3-4EF4-8F25-CA51164E4D09.jpeg
  • AB2FF532-D781-4783-BD5B-CFA2B4A60FE2.jpeg
  • 9C52CB18-1A8F-4547-8C32-B6647C8D2E7F.jpeg
  • 1D235651-6F1B-4063-AF1C-CBDFE224FA51.jpeg
  • 34690230_2169813993033991_6675507474482593792_n.jpg
testing