Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

May Favorites

Can you guys believe it's already June? I loved reading and learning about all of your April Favorite products so I thought we could continue with a May Favorite thread to talk about everyone's favorite products they used last month.

This thread is a place to share your favorite products, from long-time holy-grails to new ones you want to talk about! 

Which products  were you loving the most in May? Show & tell!

Re: May Favorites

A new favorite is the Drunk Elephant TLC Sukari Babyfacial mask.  I use a lot of chemical exfoliators from a lot of different brands.  Most of the time, you wake up with wonderful results.  Of note, I usually use leave-on products and not wash-off ones.  So it was amazing to me that after 20 minutes and a rinse I realized I didn't have to wait until morning for my skin to feel fantastic.  It's no joke!

https://www.sephora.com/product/t-l-c-sukari-babyfacial-P415777

34690230_2169813993033991_6675507474482593792_n.jpg

I tried out lots of new products this month and have found many new favorites!

UD x Kristen Leanne Daydream Palette: This palette is so easy to work with. All of the colours are so pretty for spring and all fit together so well! 

Stila Glitter & Glow (Wanderlust): I got this one not too long ago and immediately fell in love. The gold and pink sparkles look so cute & remind me of something a fairy would wear for some reason. 

UD After Glow Palette (Shades Wicked & No Angel): To be quite honest, I don't care much for the two top highlighters in the palette. The bottom two though look so pretty. I tend to wear pink highlighters over champagne coloured ones so Wicked has become my everyday go-to.

Dr. Jart+ Beauty Balm: It has spf 45, good coverage, a nice finish and I can easily and quickly apply it with my hands. 'Nuff said. 😉

Pixi Glow Tonic: A nice employee at Pharmaprix/Shoppers highly recommended this and now having finished the bottle, I get it. My skin looked so much more even colour and texture wise and my acne got better!

OUAI Wave Spray: It feels sticky when you get some on your hands, but it dries down nicely on hair and makes my hair have nice waves that stay all day long.

Christophe Robin Cleansing Purifying Scrub with Sea Salt: This cleans my scalp so nicely and my hair becomes so soft. The only downfall is when you get it in your eyes, it burns a lot. 

Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair Mask: I wish I had tried this before I cut half of my hair off due to damage. This is amazing. It makes brushing my hair so easy and makes it soooo soft. It's amazing. 

Links to what I could find:

Spoiler

@SpaceLlama  Sounds like you've discovered some really great products!  I'm interested in the Oui Wave Spray.

KVD 24-Hour Super Brow Long-Wear Pomade - goes on easily, stays on all day, and great shade match!

Jo Malone Orange Blossom - Love this scent for the spring/summer. It just makes me happy!

@PrettyPaint  Orange Blossom smells exactly like its name!  I understand your feelings.

I’ve been rather lazy with my makeup as of late, and I haven’t really changed up my skin care at all... but two items I have been using and loving as the weather has warmed up and the sun’s been out are Urban Decay Naked Skin One & Done and Josie Maran Argan Liquid Gold Self Tanning Oil. 

UD - It provides the perfect amount of coverage and evens out my skin tone on the days I don’t wear makeup... which is everyday right now. Whoops! It’s great for no makeup days because it’s so light weight it doesn’t look like you’re wearing anything at all, it just smooths everything. I’d never wear a medium or full coverage foundation without doing the rest of my makeup. I can totally get away with that using this. 

JM - Been using this a few times a week to self tan. It’s been my self tanning HG for years. 

Jo Malone in Peony & Blush Suede Cologne for sure! I got this as a reward and I basically never wore perfume but now that I have a quality one I've been wearing it much more and I've gotten so many compliments on the scent! 

I've also been loving my new Lancôme Jelly Flower Lip Tint - it's so pretty for summer!

and the Nars Wanted Palette - It is the perfect summery colors so lovely I keep reaching for it!

@Kim888  I keep wondering about the Nars palette.  Would I like it (since we seem to like similar colors. )  🙂

@Ispend2much6 I definitely think you would like it! I don't think there are many palettes where I can actually use every color but this is one of them. And the quality is really nice. My roommate actually liked mine so much she went out and bought her own haha 

@Kim888  Thanks; I usually don't use corals, but maybe mixed with one of the pinks it would work.  I saw the video of the Nars makeup artist demonstrating this and it was fascinating!

KVD 10th Anniversary Palette

Tom Ford Honeymoon Quad

Too Faced Sweetie Pie Bronzer

Maison Margiela Replica Memory Box

PTR Anti-aging Cleansing Gel

Tatcha The Water Cream

@Titian06 You have so many fun and amazing products! The Tatcha water cream is also one of my May favorites! My oily skin loves it and I like that I can use it day and night 🙂 

Love the Maison Margiela fragrance range. Did the discovery box have the new Sailing frangrance? If so, do you happen to have an opinion on it? @Titian06

Hi, @scott1201!  Yes, Sailing Day is in the set.  I've tried it a couple of times, but can barely smell anything on me.  Someone else said she "smelled like a carp swimming near lotus blossom."  I find the scent light and fresh.  It definitely did not smell like seafood.

Top Notes: Sea Notes, Aldehydes, Coriander, Red Pepper
Middle Notes: Iris, Juniper, Rose, Amyl Salicylate
Base Notes: Seaweed, Ambergris, Amberwood, Cedar

My May Favorites ❤️

1D235651-6F1B-4063-AF1C-CBDFE224FA51.jpeg

Kat Von D Anniversary palette- The colors are beautiful and blend so easily. I have been inspired to incorporate more colors rather than the usual neutrals I normally enjoy.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Bronzer in Rosewood- A great formula that looks very natural on me.

Hourglass Ambient Powder Brush- So soft and works great with loose or pressed powder, and perfect for travel.

Chanel Rouge Coco lipstick in Mademoiselle- A deeper neutral my lips but better shade. One of the very few lipsticks I always repurchase.

Outremer Paris Oceane cologne from Anthropologie- Smells so fresh yet feminine, and surprisingly long lasting.

oooh that lippie color looks so pretty!

@Kim888   Buy it.  You'll like it. 🙂  I have it also.

Favorites are always fun!!!!

Most of my May favorites are skincare related with just one or two makeup rediscoveries that I've been reaching for.

Hado Labo Premium Lotion: I found out about this from Stephanie Nicole on Youtube/IG. I had been using much more expensive Hyaluronic products and figured I'd give this one a shot. I am glad I did! The bottle is huge and it for sure provides the hydration punch my skin needs!

African Botanics Pure Marula Oil: I can't say enough how much I absolutely love this stuff. Talk about a boost of hydration! It works wonders! I use it in the morning after my serum and I glow after it's all absorbed. I've tried Drunk Elephant's, which is nice, but this one is better. It's thicker in viscosity and smells amazing; similar to how the actual tree smells when you smell the leaf.

Belif Moisture Bomb: I was a late adopter for this, but since I've started using it, I can't stop.

Sol De Janeiro Glow Oils - Copacabana Bronze: Though the packaging is horrible and this is small and expensive, the color and glow this actually provides is amazing. I've tried many glowy oils and this one is beautiful. It's not super sticky, and it also isn't pure glitter. It really just makes your skin look amazing. I love it.

Tom Ford Honeymoon Quad: This is an all time favorite quad for me. I gravitated toward it all month. It's just easy and looks beautiful!

Oh, that's interesting about the differences between the marula oils @mrsbaine.  Thanks for the write-up.

@mrsbaine I love the Hado Labo, too!

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos5
  • BEB9E90F-3CA3-4EF4-8F25-CA51164E4D09.jpeg
  • AB2FF532-D781-4783-BD5B-CFA2B4A60FE2.jpeg
  • 9C52CB18-1A8F-4547-8C32-B6647C8D2E7F.jpeg
  • 1D235651-6F1B-4063-AF1C-CBDFE224FA51.jpeg
  • 34690230_2169813993033991_6675507474482593792_n.jpg
testing