Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

MY DRY SKIN LOOKS HORRIBLE WITH MAKEUP ON, HELP!!!

Hi! I am in need of desperate help because I genuinely don't know what to do with my skin anymore. I've had mild acne my whole life and left with a bunch of hyperpigmentation scars on my face. I still get pimples quite regularly (it's usually just 1 or 2 at a time) but overall my skin is pretty soft. When I look at my skin without any makeup, it looks pretty normal and just how I described above (attached photo for reference). I take good care of my skin and moisturize pretty heavily now due to the cold weather every morning and evening. HOWEVER, as soon as I put on makeup on my face, my skin looks absolutely HORRIBLE - that is no exaggeration (see second and third photos). It looks dry, flakey, my pores look even bigger than the already do, pimples/scars look purple, and there is so much texture/tiny little bumps that i didn't see before putting on makeup. I've tried so many different concealers, foundations, moisturizers, everything. I don't know what to do. what am i doing wrong?!? PLEASE help! whether its skin care products, makeup products, anything is welcome. Thank you ❤️ 

Moisturized skin without makeupMoisturized skin without makeupSkin after applying makeupSkin after applying makeupother side of faceother side of face

Re: MY DRY SKIN LOOKS HORRIBLE WITH MAKEUP ON, HELP!!!

Try mixing in a drop or two of face oil with your foundation. I love Fresh Seaberry moisturizing oil.

You should look up YouTube videos of retinols! They speed up the cell turnover of your skin and once you go through the initial adjustment tolerance phase of the ingredient, the benefits are so worth it. I recommend the ordinary’s retinol in squalane. Start mild and work your way up. I’ve been using it for 3 years now, and have never been more happy with the texture of my skin (acne prone combination).

my point is, it’s not the makeup, you need to nail down a solid skin care routine to address your concerns. Retinol at night, antioxidants and sunscreen in the morning! Best of luck!!

I will definitely look into retinol. I’ve always been too scared to start because I heard it can cause purging at the start 😩 but it seems like the results are worth it. Thanks so much! 💖

Also, a green concealer would help with redness on acne. 🙂

Hey! I have the same problem with parts of my face as well. I usually just try to hydrate it, maybe try a moisturizer or just a damp washrag would work. I'm sorry I'm not much more help. I also try concealer on it, otherwise I just don't wear makeup that day. 🙂

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
Photos3
  • Moisturized skin without makeup
  • Skin after applying makeup
  • other side of face
testing