Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Live Chat with Vicky Tsai, Founder of Tatcha!

April_Skincare_Assets_LiveChat_Handoff.jpgThis thread is now closed. Thank you for your participation!

Tatcha founder Vicky Tsai is chatting live on Tuesday, April 17 to answer all your skincare questions. Visit this thread between 2pm and 3pm PST to get the details on everything from holy grail products to finding the right routine for your skin type.

Want to ask a question? Click the 'Reply' button below (not the chat icon on the right)!

Re: RE: Live Chat with Vicky Tsai, Founder of Tatcha!

Hello @Supriya11 To help keep the breakouts at bay make sure you’re cleansing your skin really well and getting daily exfoliation to help boost cell turnover. I would recommend our Pure Camellia Cleansing oil to thoughrilly remove any makeup (even waterproof)! Followed with our Classic Rice Enzyme Polish to gently exfoliate. To lighten any post acne marks you will love our Violet C Mask, its potent but gentle to lighten and brighten. xx, V

Hello! So I have a few questions. 1- What would you recommend for someone who gets cystic acne/has sensitive skin? 2- What kind of eye cream should a mid-20s adult start using? 3. Are there any serums that help produce collagen again?

Re: Live Chat with Vicky Tsai, Founder of Tatcha!

Hello @Nickimint Thank you for these questions!

1. I formulated the entire line to be gentle, and clinically tested each item to be non-irritating and non-sensitizing. I would recommend purifying your skin daily with the Deep Cleanse. It is formulated with Japanese Luffa Fruit to clarify skin and decongest pores without stripping hydration. After cleansing, apply a palmful of The Essence to help create a pathway for your moisturizer. The Water Cream will burst upon application providing more clarifying botanicals, while balancing moisture in our only oil-free formula.
  2. The Pearl is my new favorite eye treatment for all ages! Akoya Pearl from Japan helps to keep darkness from forming over time, while giving eyes a instant burst of brightness and hydration. 
  3. Our Luminous Deep Hydration Firming Serum floods the moisture barrier optimizing your skin’s ability to maintain collagen and elastin for plump skin that bounces back! xx, V

What is a good skincare routine for someone in their 30's?

@SusieQLuvsmakup Sorry we missed this question but wanted to get back to you! It really depends on your skin type, but I would always recommend preventative products for someone in their 30’s. If your skin is normal/combo I would start out with our Pure Camellia Cleansing Oil, Classic Rice Enzyme Powder, The Essence and The Water Cream.  xx, V

Hi Vicky! my question is simple... Do you plan on a dedicated mens line? My 11 year old grandson is so boujie... He loves a good skin routine already. Trust that not that it matters but he's a boy boy. He just appreciates good care.

Hi @HighMateTnce

Love the picture! We don't have plans for a dedicated men's line, but our formulas are great for men too. It is never to early to start tweens to start cleansing properly & our blotting papers are great for kids that get oil break-through. 

xx, V

Loves skincare!

Loves skincare!

I have almost everything from Tatcha and I love, love the silk canvas, but the way the container opens and close could be better. I got the deluxe sample of Silk Canvas from Sephora and so far, I didn't have success in opening it. So, any possibility of modifying Silk Canvas container in the future? Also, a way to store the disk so we don't have to keep looking for it (deep) inside the make up bag 🙂

Hello @Mayeth Sorry we missed this question but wanted to get back to you!

We depend so much on our friends’ feedback so we can keep your experience with the line second to none. I will be sure to have our packaging design team put their heads together to see if any improvements can be made. In the meantime, the lid should twist counterclockwise. I found pressing down while twisting helps to get it started.  Regarding the disc, I intended it to be a way to scratch the surface of the Silk Canvas, however, after the first layer is removed, you can simply disperse and apply the balm with your fingertips. xx, V

RE: Live Chat with Vicky Tsai, Founder of Tatcha!

What do you recommend for dark circles? Have tried tons of products without much benefit.

Hello @magsblaze Sorry we missed this question but wanted to get back to you! 

The new Pearl instantly brightens eyes and also uses an Akoya Pearl extract from Japan to treat darkness in the eye area over time. Enjoy! xx, V

I know this was aimed at Vicky, but I really love the origins ginzing eye cream. I’ve used a lot, but that is the only one that has actually reduced my dark circles.. and it’s is not too pricy!

Best solution for huge pores and blackheads on pale freckled skin?

Hello @jessijee Sorry we missed this question but wanted to get back to you!

I would recommend purifying skin daily with the One Step Camellia Cleansing Oil. Since like breaks down like, it will help keep pores clear of excess oil. Follow it with The Deep Polish. Rice and Papaya Enzymes soften and remove dead and dull skin cells, reducing congestion, and minimizing pesky pores! Enjoy! xx, V

I use the cleansing oil and love it! Do I need to use a toner after? I don't want to but want to make sure I am cleaning my face. Thanks!

Hello @pricelessone 

I am so glad you love it! Toners are not common in a traditional Japanese Skincare Ritual. If you like having a second step to cleanse, exfoliate, and tone your skin, follow the Cleansing Oil with our Rice Enzyme Powders. I recommend The Classic formula for normal skin. Enjoy! xx, V

Hi Vicky! What are the best products for skin that’s prone to cystic acne? Thank you so much!!

Hello @alyssamodos ! Sorry we missed this question but wanted to get back to you! I recommend our Deep Cleanse which uses Luffa fruit to clarify and keep breakouts from returning without overdrying. Follow it with our oil-free Water Cream. Japanese botanicals help to keep breakouts at bay, balance skin’s oil production, and minimize the look of pores. Enjoy! x

I love Tatcha ❤️ Are you planning on adding a retinol product to your line?

Hello @nikkiheme Sorry we missed this question but wanted to get back to you!

Thanks for asking! There are some questions surrounding the safety of retinol for pregnant and nursing Mom’s so we will not be incorporating this ingredient into our line. xx, V

testing