cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Live Chat with Surratt Beauty

2017-09-06-community-livechat-banner-Troy-Surrat-for-Surrat-US-HANDOFF.jpg

This live chat has ended. Thank you for participating!

Surratt Beauty's Founder and Chief Creative Officer, Troy Surratt, is heading to the Beauty Insider Community to answer all of your beauty questions. Troy will be chatting live on Wednesday, September 20, to answer your beauty questions between 12pm and 1pm PDT. Head to this thread to ask anything— from how to pick the perfect red lip to customized recommendations for your beauty routine. 

Please click "Subscribe" to be notified when your question is answered.

Re: Live Chat with Surratt Beauty

I loved speaking with all of you. I could chat about this all day but I have a big day ahead so I’m going to try to get some ‘beauty rest.’ One more thing: remember that beauty is individualistic, even our weaknesses and shortcomings can make us beautiful and unique, and the two beauty secrets you should know are that a smile and a warm heart are your most beautiful attributes. I hope to meet you in the future and thank you for being early adopters of Surratt Beauty!! Sayonara and arigato! xx Troy

I just wanted to say this... I'm not too familiar with your brand but after seeing how engage you are in this chat I definitely want to know more and will definitely be making a purchase on something I had my eye on. Thank you for your time here!

You're so sweet @veronika23 thank you!!! xoxox

Thank you for joining us today! I am a huge fan of the Surratt Beauty line!

Are there any plans to expand the Prismatique Eyes line? I love the combo of the creams and the duo chrome eyeshadow. A palette would be amazing!😉

Sorry I'm late (got stuck in a meeting)!  

I see you are in Japan - I will be there next month - would love any recommendations for beauty destinations/products/exclusives that you recommend in the Tokyo/Yokohama areas if you have some ideas for me!  Our Sephora Beauty Insiders do a lot of traveling (and buying makeup) and I know we would love to hear from you. Thanks!  @TheTroySurratt

@sister13 There are so many!! I find so much inspiration in Harajuku and the street culture of that area. I can sit for hours just watching the people go by. In general, the shopping in that area is amazing. I also love Ayoama. Have fun! xx

One more questions @TheTroySurratt. 🙂  Any tricks with your eye lash curler to really make your lash stay curled even if you don't always use mascara? Thanks

Yes! @veronika23 you can warm the Lash Curler a bit with the warm setting of a blowdryer, just make sure you test it with your finger so you don't hurt yourself. A warmed Lash Curler works like of like a curling iron.

Thanks @TheTroySurratt I already do that.  I just think one side is stubborn and doesn't want to stay curled so I was looking for additional tips 😄  Thank you!!!!

You've had such an amazing career! What are your top three highlights?

@KorenL thanks! As a makeup artist, I feel so lucky to have worked with so many of the most beautiful and famous women in the world...and of course launching my own brand and launching in Sephora was a huge dream come true. I think that's three! 🙂 

Hey @TheTroySurratt and thank you for joining us today!

I'm new to Surratt but definitely interested in trying out some of your products! What do you recommend as entry products for your brand? I am pretty light skinned and have blue eyes if that helps!

Thank you 🙂 

I'm having a great time @KatieBT! How about building an eyeshadow palette? I love peaches and coppers on blue eyes...try Satin Saumon and Cuivre Artistique Eyeshadows--they'll flare and brighten the blue of your eyes. xoxo

Thank you @TheTroySurratt for being here!  I love the Surratt blushes and the eye shadows and customizable nature of the eyeshadows.  I also LOVE the foundation, but I would love to see the foundation to come out without the existing brush - i.e. so we can use our own applicator. It's such a beautiful formula but would love the option to use our own brush or beauty blender, and have more come in the package.  

Really appreciate you being here and the work you put into your beautiful line!  

Thanks for the suggestion @sister13 I look forward to expanding the complexion category and definitely stay tuned for more Surreal Skin launches!!

Hey! So @ldnsjp had the coolest idea of a Surratt fragrance...what do you all think it should/would smell like? xoxo

I think it should be quiet and chic. Something a bit menthol or lavender based, with a touch of smoky incense and a whisper of white florals.

florial oriental (but subtly floral)

I love citrus smells🍋

Ohhhh maybe something dark and mysterious... I'm no good with notes. lol

81 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • 2017-09-06-community-livechat-banner-Troy-Surrat-for-Surrat-US-HANDOFF.jpg
testing