cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Live Chat with Philippe Chansel for Tom Ford Beauty

041416_SOCIAL_BeautyTalk_TomFord_v2.jpg

This thread is now closed. Thank you for participating!

The creative mind behind a luxurious beauty line is taking your questions! Philippe Chansel, TOM FORD Beauty’s director of innovation and product development, is making an appearance on BeautyTalk. Visit this thread on April 14 from 1 to 2pm PDT to participate in our live Q&A. Ask him anything—from how he predicts trends to his inspiration behind the latest TOM FORD Soleil Collection.

Be sure to click “Follow this thread” on the right side of this post to be notified via email when one of your questions is answered.

Please note: If any of the products that are mentioned today are currently out of stock please know we are working to get them back on the site. To make sure you're in the know, please sign up for email notification on the product's page. Philippe does not have any additional information about what date these products will return.

Happy live chatting! 

Re: Live Chat with Philippe Chansel for Tom Ford Beauty

Unfortunately has left us. We have new fragrances coming out all the time. My favorite is Soleil Blanc. It's a sexy, warm fragrance for summer.

Hi Philippe,

Thank you so much for joining us today! I'm fairly new to the brand (I've always been an admirer however) and am wondering what would your top picks be to introduce to someone to the brand?

Thanks!

From the Soleil Collection definitely try the Bronzing Primer; a great multi-tasker, and our Bronzers.

Soleil Contouring Compact which has highlighter, blush, and bronzer.

Moisturecore Lip product which is a new formula that is hydrating and great range of colors.

Hi Philippe!  Thanks for taking time out of your day to chat with us.  What are your biggest inspirations for the items in your line?  

Hi Philippe! Thanks for taking the time to join us on BeautyTalk today! I know that we're only just getting into Spring/Summer now, but looking ahead, what do you see as this year's Fall/Winter trends and colours? 

Also, will the entire line of Tom Ford products be coming to Sephora, specifically Sephora Canada? We're really limited in ways to get your products up here- having the entire collection available to Canadians through Sephora would be a huge benefit. Thank you!

Soleil Color will be coming to select doors in Canada. We are very excited about this!

Hello!

I absolutely adore Tom Ford Beauty- cosmetics and fragrance. I feel so sophisticated and elegant applying my Tom Ford products every morning!

As a very fair redhead, I desperately would love to have a Tom Ford foundation, concealer, and brow product. Unfortunately, the foundation and concealer shades are too dark for me and the brow products are not quite suitable for gingers. Do you have any plans to extend the shade range to accommodate this demographic?

Thank you so much!

Charlotte

Hi Charlotte,

With your red hair and fair complexion, let's focus on your eyes. Our Cream and Powder Eye Duo in Naked Bronze is a subtle bronze cream shadow and gold powder shadow that can be used alone or together to complement the gorgeous tone of your hair color. Your might also want to try the Gold Dust Bronzing Powder to highlight your skin's natural radiance. 

hi phillippe, i love TF makeup and am happy sephora is getting it! can you tell me about the new cream eyeshadow formula - is it different than the old formula? also, will the blushes be discontinued/repackaged? finally, will you please bring back the cream shadow color guilt??

No its the same formula. If you are feeling a difference, certain shades may feel different.

Hello Philippe! Tom Ford Cosmetics is such a high quality lovely brand- If you could describe Tom Ford cosmetics in one word, what would it be?

SEDUCTION!

Hello. Would you be so kind as to pass along to your product development crew to try to not use chromium pigments CI-77288 and CI-77289?

I notice that Tom Ford is using either or both pigments quite a bit now in eye and even cheek products. I'm allergic to chromium, which causes my immune system to flare up. There are other ways to make green color! 🙂

Thank you for the feedback. We will take this into consideration.

Hi Philippe, one additional comment - I love Cognac Sable a lot and was really saddened when it was discontinued.

A lot of people have compared it to Disco Dust, which unfortunately isn't quite what I'm after.

Any chance the copper celestial from Cognac Sable will reappear in the future?

Thanks again!

For now it will not. But we have a new one that is similar.

Hi Mocha, I wish I could depot that celestial and send it to you. It's the one shade that I dislike the palette. 🙂

Can you give us any hints about upcoming collections?? 🙂

I wish I could because its is exciting but I can't!

Hi Philippe, 

I have been a fan of Tom Ford for quite some time and often go to lengths to track items down as there is no counter within hours of where I live. I am thrilled that it will now be carried at Sephora as it was previously less readily accessible.

It sounds like you have a pretty interesting job! What does your job as director of innovation and product development entail? What do you consider to be the most exciting part of your job?

Summer collecions have always been my favorite ones because everything is often bright and colorful! How do you decide what items in collections end up being limited items?

Coming from a Make-up artist background, working with product is very exciting to me because I love make-up.

I love finding new innovation, new technologies, new textures. It makes the job very exciting.

It is really case by case.

1 Reply
testing