cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Live Chat with Josie Maran

072017_LiveChat_JosieMaran_ThreadImage_HANDOFF.jpg

This thread is now closed. Thank you for your participation!

Brand Founder Josie Maran is chatting live on Thursday, July 20, to answer your skincare questions. Visit this thread between 12pm and 1pm PDT to ask her anything— from how to achieve the perfect dewy glow to the breakdown on Argan Oil, the brand’s signature ingredient.

Please click "Subscribe" to be notified when your question is answered. 

Re: Live Chat with Josie Maran

So sad I misses this! Will there be any  opportunities like this--to chat with JM or other brands--in the future? Thanks!

Sephora Argan Beauties!

Thank you so much for your wonderful questions. Rumi and I had a BLAST talking to you!  Sorry if we didn’t answer your burning question – you can always reach out on my Instagram and DM me with any skin and beauty q’s! Sending so much love and light!

XO,

Josie

Hey josie!!

what products would you recommend for oily  skin? 

Hi @Mary1214

I recommend my Argan Cleansing Oil and my 100% Pure Argan Oil Light as the beginners duo. For a more in-depth skincare routine, I would incorporate my Argan Face Butter. It is clinically proven to visibly improve pore size appearance, which essentially means that your pores are not going into overdrive and enlarging from overproducing oil. Massage and press it into skin before Argan Oil Light.

For complexion, I recommend my Surreal Skin Argan Finishing Balm to prime and then Vibrancy Foundation. I then finish it all off with a little more of Surreal Skin on the highpoints of the face and a little bit of Argan Enlightenment Powder to give me a soft-focus glow that isn’t overly matte or dry looking!

Hi Josie! Thanks for joining us. Ive been a fan of yours for some time. I remember seeing your face in magazines and wanting to emulate your makeup.

Anyway, I've been reading more about cruelty free beauty brands and yours came up. I was curious, if this was intentional, what your drive behind this decision was, and additionally, what we as consumers should do to make the biggest impact in regards to protecting animals and the environment (other than abstaining from supporting brands/items that are not cruelty free). Thanks for your time and have a great day!

Hi @trishavt!

Being a cruelty free brand is extremely important to me. We never test our products on animals and I think that talking about these things can make a big impact. I am a big believer in the idea that every time you spend money, you're casting a vote for the kind of world you want. And my dream is to help create the world of our dreams! Where the health of the planet, the people, and the animals is bountiful, beautiful, and full of love and health. Let’s do this together!

Follow-up question on the illuminizing body butters:

I am ghost-pale, and generally prefer it to stay that way, so I avoid tanning products, but wouldn't mind an occasional golden glow as long as it can be washed off. Do the illuminizing body butters stain the skin in any way, or do they only add temporary shimmer?

@Blckhrt

Temporary shimmer! No staining. You should also try my Whipped Argan Oil Body Butter. Its a self-tanning butter!

Anonymous Insider

Josie: This is my male friend Hector's JMC Collection! He absolutely loves you products!!! As do I. His collection puts mine to shame : )Hector's JMC collectionHector's JMC collection

I have used every kind of highlighting formula: "dry" stick, powder, gooey stick. By far my favorite formula and shade is the best. Great for highlighting and eyes. Love it.

Here's my question: can you extol the virtues of Argan Oil for aesthetic problems like hair loss?

Hi 

To my knowledge there have not been any formal conclusive studies and there are many different types of hair loss so it would depend. Speaking for myself, I love putting Argan Oil on my lashes and brows. I also like using it as a scalp treatment for my hair! 

Also you should try my Argan Infinity Cream as a highlighter under your brows too! I like that and my Enlightenment Illuminizer like you and then I finish it off with my Enlightenment Powder.

Anonymous Insider

I don't get a lot of sun so I'm a big fan of self-tanners at this time of year but I get nervous covering myself in DHA. Can you explain the difference between the natural DHA in your Liquid Gold self-tanner and not-so-natural options? Always trying to do what I can to be a healthier human!

Hi @Anonymous

The DHA in my Liquid Gold Self-Tanning oil is derived from grapeseed oil which also has powerful antioxidant properties. No need to worry about a thing with this tanner. It is healthy and full of hydrating and skin-loving ingredients. Plus you get a goddess glow!

Anonymous Insider

Can you please tell us more about the Argan Oil Beauty Butter Velvet Foundation? How is it different from your Vibrancy and the Matchmaker foundations? Thanks! : )

Welcome Josie! I love using your "Luxury with a Conscience" products. Especially, because your products use quality, natural ingredients. I became a huge fan of your line many years ago with your first mascara. Any plans to expand your mascara range and make a waterproof one?

Also, I always look forward to your holiday sets, especially the Whipped Body Butters. Hopefully you have some fun holiday sets & scents planned for us!

Thanks for joining us!

Hi @Randell

Have you tried my Argan Black Oil Mascara? Give it a go - it is great for adding length and volume and we infused it with Argan Oil and lash-strengthening bamboo properties. We have been hard at work on a waterproof version. Making a healthy and highly natural waterproof mascara is proving to be quite the challenge - but I am always up for a challenge! Hoping we can make it happen soon!

Thanks @josiemaran! Yes, I love the Argan Black Oil Mascara! I am so thrilled you are working on a waterproof version. And, I am also happy to hear you are working hard to perfect it. 

I love the Nirvana Hydrating Treatment Mist. I was hoping you may make a similar body mist in the future, with your signature scents, like Vanilla Apricot.

Thanks again!

Hi Josie! I would love it if you could somehow make the Argan Body Butter in a hand cream form that could be pumped out, something we could keep on our desk at work or on our the bathroom counter so multiple people could use it without lots of fingers dipping into the jar.

sephoraadmin2 wrote:

072017_LiveChat_JosieMaran_ThreadImage_HANDOFF.jpg

Josie will be online answering your questions from 12-1pm PDT.

Brand Founder Josie Maran is chatting live on Thursday, July 20, to answer your skincare questions. Visit this thread between 12pm and 1pm PDT to ask her anything— from how to achieve the perfect dewy glow to the breakdown on Argan Oil, the brand’s signature ingredient.

Please click "Subscribe" to be notified when your question is answered. 

Anonymous Insider

Excellent idea! Anything in a pump would be awesome. : )

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos3
  • 072017_LiveChat_JosieMaran_ThreadImage_HANDOFF.jpg
  • 20170720_103916.jpg
  • Hector's JMC collection
testing