cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Live Chat with Josie Maran

072017_LiveChat_JosieMaran_ThreadImage_HANDOFF.jpg

This thread is now closed. Thank you for your participation!

Brand Founder Josie Maran is chatting live on Thursday, July 20, to answer your skincare questions. Visit this thread between 12pm and 1pm PDT to ask her anything— from how to achieve the perfect dewy glow to the breakdown on Argan Oil, the brand’s signature ingredient.

Please click "Subscribe" to be notified when your question is answered. 

Re: Live Chat with Josie Maran

I would love to know the inspiration behind Rumi Joon's name!

Hi @Anewxa

Rumi's name was inspired by the poet! And Joon means sweatheart in persian! 

josiemaran wrote:

Hi @Anewxa

Rumi's name was inspired by the poet! And Joon means sweatheart in persian! 

@josiemaran ah I kinda thought it was inpired by the poet! Yes we use "jaan" in our native language also which is close to persian - how sweet!

Josie, can you tell us about your upcoming TSV?

Hi @lisak41

You're gonna have to tune in to find out! Trust me, surprises are fun!!!

I can't wait!!!! Do you remember when you made a personal appearance at Sephora in Valley Fair San Jose about 4 years ago? I met you that day. You were so nice. 

Anonymous Insider

What would you say is the most honest answer as to why you chose to produce your line? Besides what others advised for your career, not thinking about the money. What made YOU passionate to pursue this specific area? I hope this is truly you answering and not a witty, random computerized response system. Thank you for your time.

Hi @Anonymous

It's meeee (but really). No fancy robots here. We do things natural and HUMAN! My biggest reason for starting my company was to change the world. I mean whole heartedly. I believe in the power of business and it's ability to be a force for good. We make sure to give back to the earth and the people. I wanted to help women feel and look their best using healthy products. We also work with organizations like the Imagine dedicated to empowering women all over the world. 

Anonymous Insider

It's extremely refreshing to converse with a true lady that respects all things and sincerely care about others regardless of the external money hungry self centered competitors. It's wonderful you have taken time out of your busy schedule to connect and guide others. You have one more in your corner! Best wishes. 

Welcome to the new BIC @josiemaran! Question about haircare and Aragon Oil; how do you incorporate Aragon Oil into your hair routine? Do you use it on wet hair? Dry hair? I have dry curly hair and I keep hearing that Aragon Oil is awesome for dry hair. Thanks for chatting with us! And Rumi Joon is adorable! Love her robe! 

Hi @mrsbaine

There are so many ways to bring the Argan magic into your haircare routine. I like to mix a few drops into my conditioner, or a few drops to wet hair. It’s great for my waves and my hair air-drys so much better!

Hi Josie, I'm so thrilled that you are here talking with us!  I love your products very much and I even started a thread here about it 🙂  Just wanted to tell you that I'm very excited to try the new Argan moonstone in August ❤️  Much love to you!!!!

Hi @twilightnicky

Yay! Love all the Argan LOVE! You are going to be so obsessed with the Moonstone Drops. Especially given your handle name...it's like a cosmic twilight NICKY moonglow priming oil!

Thanks! I'm sure I will be too lol.  Love to you & your girls ❤️

Hello Sephora Argan Beauties!

So excited to chat with you! Sitting here on my breezy farm in Pennsylvania with my daughter Rumi Joon and we’re ready to answer all of your Argan skin and beauty questions. Rumi Joon is already a masking pro and looooves using my Whipped Argan Mud Mask in Sweet Basil Mint!

It’s go time! Let the questions begin.

XO,,

Josie20170720_103916.jpg

I can't figure out how to join the live chat. Help!

Hi @lisak41!

You're here! To ask Josie a question you can hit the reply button under the top thread image and text. Hint: It's right below the three tags 🙂 

Hope that helps!

Katie

Hi Josie,

Thanks for chatting!!

Two questions:

1) I realize that Argan oil is a very versatile product and there are many uses for it.  I love how silky my hair feels with it.  Any helpful tips for application?  (i.e. wet vs dry hair, palms vs brush, etc)

2) To manufacture and bottle your oils, is there a peak harvesting/extracting time that you adhere to or is the extracting/harvesting occurring year-round?

Hi @blushnglow!

I love putting in my hair when it is just a little damp. I just use 2-3 drops, warm the oil in my hands and then lightly work it through the ends of my hair. I usually avoid applying any to my roots unless I’m going for that wet, mermaid look 😄

For skin, same deal! Warm it in your hands and then press it into your skin. Pressing not rubbing is key!

I've heard about pressing instead of rubbing - wondering what makes pressing product onto the skin better?

Hi Josie! What product of your's do you recommend to treat acne scars and age spots? Thank you!

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos3
  • 072017_LiveChat_JosieMaran_ThreadImage_HANDOFF.jpg
  • 20170720_103916.jpg
  • Hector's JMC collection
testing