cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Live Chat with Jaclyn Hill and Becca Cosmetics

06192015_BeautyTalk_becca.jpg

This chat is now closed! Thank you for your participation! 

Ditch the YouTube comments section and ask a star vlogger a beauty question you’re dying to know. Visit this thread on August 18 between 12 and 1 pm PT to participate in our live Q&A with Jaclyn Hill and BECCA Style Director Kerry Cole. Together they’ll be sharing their highlighting secrets for creating a lit-from-within glow, including tips for using the limited-edition BECCA x Jaclyn Hill Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in the universally flattering shade Champagne Pop.

Be sure click “Follow this thread” on the right side of this post to be notified via email when one of your questions is answered.

Re: Live Chat with Jaclyn Hill and Becca Cosmetics

Thanks for hosting the chat!

Hello ladies!

I absolutely love the Becca line and have all the highlighters that suit my skin tone from moonstone, opal and most recently champagne pop along with several of the beach tint souffles for a sun kissed dewy look.

I love how rich yet finely milled these products are but lately (probably due to the temperature and humidity) I've noticed that no matter how well I "prep" my face (moisturizer, primer, foundation for my dry skin), its half melted when I get to work....at that point I go into damage control mode with my makeup and that's where it can get worse...inevitably my "pores" start to become more visible. My question is, how can I do a better job to prevent the "melting" of my makeup resulting in uneven makeup and visible pores?

Thank you!

Beyond excited to be here with BECCA answering your questions today!  Thanks so much for having me.

Xoxo

Jaclyn

we love you jaclyn!

We're so excited too!!!!

We love you! 

So happy to have you join us! This is my first chat online through Sephora and I am very excited to see your comments today! Have a lovely day Jaclyn 🙂

EEK! Hi from Canada! ❤️

Anonymous Insider

So glad you're here! I hope to hear back from you it would be amazing!

Anonymous Insider

Hey Jaclyn! First off I'll start off by saying I love you & your videos!! I've learned so much from watching you over the years. I'm so proud of you to have accomplished as much as you have! Congratulations on everything! I have champagne pop and I absolutely love it! Okay my question is I have SUPER oily skin and by the end of the day I feel like my makeup has completely slid off my face. Do you have any recommendations to help make my makeup stay put?

Thank you so much! ❤️ 

It is very important to prime the skin & I would also suggest a really good setting spray. This will be the sandwich to keep you make in place all day. Thank you so much for the love!

Highlight On Fleek

Jaclyn can you mention me on your snapchat!!!

please let me know what foundation I could use for oily skin?

God bless you with everything that you do.

Hi Jaclyn and Kerry,

What's the process behind creating a new shade like Champagne Pop? How much trial and error do you go through? Makeup production fascinates me, haha.

I love you both! You both are great and such an inspiration. I'm a youtuber but nothing as close as you Jaclyn. I do it because it makes me happy as well as my 250 subscribers. I love to edit and play with makeup. I also am going to school for Aesthetics in Seattle. (I recently moved here from Florida which I so miss) My sister told me about you and you became my inspiration to do what I love and not give up and not listen to any negativity. (As far as not doing the norm, going to work at a 9-5 job) I want to have my own makeup line one day. I have really bad acne (since I was about 12, now 27 I was made fun of and older women even made me feel bad about my skin.) I want to help young girls that they don't have to feel bad (or the way I felt when I was their age) and they can be beautiful in their own skin. Any positive feed back from either Jaclyn or Kerry about what I want to do? I follow both of you and love you both! I love how kind and sweet you guys are. I hope to get to meet either one of you one day. Thank you just for being kind and genuine women! xoxo Stephanie Vanderwaag 

also any advice on trying to cover up acne and acne scars? 🙂 

Hey Jaclyn and Kerry!

I am going to be participating in the Miss Illinois USA pageant here in a couple weeks! Super excited! Just wanted to know if you had any tips for makeup on stage or some fool proof techniques. To Jaclyn: can you do a strictly pageant makeup routine? 

Much love from Illinois,

Allysa

For pageant makeup you're going to want to do everything more intense than day to day makeup. Heavier blush, heavier foundation because the stage lights will wash you out. Use a great setting spray and don't forget to smile! Congrats, hope you win!!

Anonymous Insider

Hi Jaclyn, did you have to go to school to be a makeup artist or did you teach yourself tricks and techniques and how long did it take?

I never went to school to become a makeup artist. I was self taught & got my certification through Mac Cosmetics. I still continue to learn & improve techniques every day.

Anonymous Insider

I would love to get into makeup on a professional level but can't afford to. Any suggestions?

jaclyn, i am obsessed with your youtube channel. i was wondering if you had any advise for someone who wants to start out but they only have a laptop camera?

testing