Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora

Live Chat with Good Dye Young Co-founders Hayley Williams and Brian O’Connor

Image of Good Dye Young founders and verious Festival beauty products.png

The thread is closed. Thank you for participating!

Good Dye Young co-founders Hayley Williams (the lead singer of Paramore) and Brian O’Connor (Williams’s longtime hair stylist and makeup artist) are participating in their first live chat on Monday, March 25th, to answer all of your hair and festival-beauty questions.

Visit this thread between 2pm—3pm PT on March 25th for product recommendations, style inspiration, and more.

Want to ask a question? Click the 'Reply' button below (not the chat icon on the right)!

Re: Live Chat with Good Dye Young Co-founders Hayley Williams and Brian O’Connor

@TaylorAnijah wrote:

how do i get poser paste out if my hairbrush without ruining it???

@TaylorAnijah Soak it in hot water with Dawn dish soap! - Team GDY

Anonymous Insider

Re: Live Chat with Good Dye Young Co-founders Hayley Williams and Brian O’Connor

Hey! What shade recommendations would you give for someone with deep dark skin tones? I really want to try color but am afraid it won’t go with my skintone.

Anonymous Insider

dude i read this and i have to say, you gotta just do it! every color will match your skin tone thats the beauty!!!!!!

Would you recommend dying my hair myself using Good Dye Young’s products if I am used to getting my hair colored at the salon? I currently have blonde highlights and am interested in Rock Lobster. 

Anonymous Insider

hey y'all is the lightning kit still not available for international shipping? love from Germany 

@Anonymous wrote:

hey y'all is the lightning kit still not available for international shipping? love from Germany 

@Anonymous Unfortunately we are unable to ship our lightening kit international 😞 - Team GDY

Hair accessories/makeup for GDY? Bright eyeliners in the GDY dye shades would be SO FUN. Maybe some cute unique hair clips or something too?

Hey, guys! Love your work. Have you two thought about making kits with multiple colors? Maybe a “sunset” look or “neon” thing. I just love themes. 

Anonymous Insider

Hello Hayley and Brian, im a 19 years old boy with brown light hair and i am changing much things in my life and i decided to dye my hair for the first time ever to a orange color, I never dyed my hair before, any advice?

Anonymous Insider

I think that good dye young’s products look scintillating 

Any advice on the best way to deal with oily hair?

@smarinah wrote:

Any advice on the best way to deal with oily hair?

@smarinah our GOOD DYE YOUNG - Pre-Wash Weekly Detox & Scalp Treatment

as part of a weekly haircare regimen helps to cut down the oiliness in the scalp by exfoliating dead skin and product build up. That being said, you don't need to use this product more than 2x a week! (Sometimes over exfoliating the skin will actually stimulate MORE oil-production *gasp!*). Bonus: Our Pre-Wash smells incredible thanks to essential oils Grapefruit and Mint and more. It really does feel like you took your scalp to the spa. 

Hayley

Anonymous Insider

Hi y’all! What colors do you recommend mixing for a peachy pink? 

Also, did some spontaneous hair dyeing with blue ruin last night. No bleach on golden brown hair, turned out a dark blue/teal color, completely in love with it! + my hair is so happy and soft! Such amazing products! D920A159-B940-4399-AF02-DD075FBB1589.jpeg

hey brian + hayley! long time GDY user here. love your products, especially the wash + rinse. my question is what’s the safest way to remove color from your hair? i used blue ruin + narwhal for about 6 months in 2017 and i LOVED the color and how vibrant it stayed without touching it up very often, but had a pretty unpleasant time trying to get it out of my hair. just want to know what’s worked best in your experience!

@carlybutler wrote:

hey brian + hayley! long time GDY user here. love your products, especially the wash + rinse. my question is what’s the safest way to remove color from your hair? i used blue ruin + narwhal for about 6 months in 2017 and i LOVED the color and how vibrant it stayed without touching it up very often, but had a pretty unpleasant time trying to get it out of my hair. just want to know what’s worked best in your experience!

@carlybutler Hiiii! Our Semi-Perm dyes are some of the most pigmented dyes on the market. We did that to give people the most bang for their buck and we were careful about making sure that when our colors do fade, they fade out beautifully. Blue pigment is some of the strongest! So it definitely makes sense that Blue Ruin + Narwhal have been harder to fade out of your hair. There are a few different ways to fade out hair color but one of my favorite ways to encourage fade out is to use our Pre-Wash a little more often than we typically recommend. It's a great 1x weekly scalp treatment but if you use it in your actual strands and follow up with our GOOD DYE YOUNG - Color Kind Shampoo and GOOD DYE YOUNG - Color Kind Conditionerin warm to hot water 3 to 4x a week, you should see a little bit of a quicker fade. 

Hayley

P.S. Brian love the Britney shirt, my first favorite singer.

Anonymous Insider

I just want to say you are beautiful Hayley. Also are these products eco-friendly?

@SephoraBIC wrote:

Image of Good Dye Young founders and verious Festival beauty products.png

The thread is officially open so ask your questions right now! Hayley and Brian will be on until 3pm PT. 

Good Dye Young co-founders Hayley Williams (the lead singer of Paramore) and Brian O’Connor (Williams’s longtime hair stylist and makeup artist) are participating in their first live chat on Monday, March 25th, to answer all of your hair and festival-beauty questions.

Visit this thread between 2pm—3pm PT on March 25th for product recommendations, style inspiration, and more.

Want to ask a question? Click the 'Reply' button below (not the chat icon on the right)!

Anonymous Insider

RE: Live Chat with Good Dye Young Co-founders Hayley Williams and Brian O’Connor

can i use the semi perms without having to bleach my hair? i really like my natural hair color (it’s a auburn color) and i’m really against bleaching it but i want some fun color in my hair.

Re: RE: Live Chat with Good Dye Young Co-founders Hayley Williams and Brian O’Connor

@alliexgdy wrote:
can i use the semi perms without having to bleach my hair? i really like my natural hair color (it’s a auburn color) and i’m really against bleaching it but i want some fun color in my hair.

@alliexgdy You totally can! The color won't be as vibrant as it would if you were to bleach your hair but it will work. We suggest using our Blue Ruin, Rock Lobster, or PPL Eater for the best results! We have a team member that used Rock Lobster over her already auburn/red hair and it looked great! -Team GDY

GOOD DYE YOUNG - Semi-Permanent Hair Color

Anonymous Insider

How long does the dye last in the bottle?

@Anonymous Our products last up to 12 months once opened. If you have extra after using, seal it back up and hold on to it! -Team GDY

Conversation Stats
Photos6
  • Image of Good Dye Young founders and verious Festival beauty products.png
  • IMG_5976.jpg
  • D920A159-B940-4399-AF02-DD075FBB1589.jpeg
  • D919B5A0-A2EF-49BA-89B6-8F3D6C220173.jpeg
  • 769D73C4-1764-490B-9424-CD31EE31F7F8.jpeg
  • 4AD9FF65-B42B-477B-A02C-36AC255E04F0.jpeg
testing