Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Live Chat with Drunk Elephant

2017-09-06-community-livechat-banner-tiffany-masterson-US-CAN-HANDOFF.pngThis thread is closed. Thank you for your participation! 

Drunk Elephant Founder Tiffany Masterson is chatting live on Thursday, September 21, to answer your skincare questions. Visit this thread between 12pm and 1pm PDT to ask anything— from how to brighten your complexion to  recommendations for the best products for your skincare concerns.  

Please click "Subscribe" to be notified when your question is answered.

Re: Live Chat with Drunk Elephant

Bye everyone.  I'm signing off!  Thank you so much for joining me and for your great questions!  xxooT

I'm being nosy and asking about the retinol product in the works. Will it be retinol or retinoid? And will we get a launch date yet? I'm excited!

HI,

All of my co-workers are watching so I can't tell you or I'll get in trouble. ;))  I want to tell you, but you'll have to wait.  

xxT

Hi,

I have oily skin. What products would you recommend as a moisturizer?

HI,

Marula oil or Lala.  I have another coming in January that it phenomenal, in my opinion.  Different textures so it's a matter of personal preference and needs.  It doesn't take a lot, only 1-2 drops of oil or a half pump of Lala...

Also, check what you are using..you might have dehydrated skin so it's overproducing oil.  In that case, add a shot of B-Hydra to your oil or cream and your'll be rehydrating and moisturizing at the same time!  xxT

How often do you recommend I re-apply your sunscreen under makeup if I am in an office all day> It is a physical sunscreen right? (umbra tinted)

Hi,

No need to reapply when you are inside.  This is not true of a chemical block but it's true of a physical.  The rays breakdown a physical block so if they're not hitting you, you're fine.  If you are outside, you need to reapply every two hours or every time you swim or sweat!  xxT

RE: Live Chat with Drunk Elephant

Hi Tiffany! The other night I accidentally left my TLC framboos pump open/up all night 😨 will this affect my product??

Re: RE: Live Chat with Drunk Elephant

HI,

No, it's an airless pump so even when the top is twisted up, you're fine...

thank you!  xxT

Hi Tiffany! I love DE! I have two questions.

Is it enough to use the T.L.C. Framboos™ Glycolic Night Serum alone or do I have to follow up with a moisturizer?

Same with the Umbra Tinte™ Physical Daily Defense Broad Spectrum Sunscreen, do I have to use a moisturizer first?

Hi,

I don't use a moisturizer before the Umbra Tinte...I think it's moisturizing.  You can add a drop of Marula or some Lala if you feel your skin needs more.

With TLC, I always recommend that you add a drop or two of Marula.  It's a carrier oil and it helps with penetration...also it's so moisturizing and nourishing of your skin!  

Thank you!  xxT

Anonymous Insider

I tried a sample in my sephora play box and loved it. what exaclty do you recommend for the removal of about 5 spots due to acne  from your product line.

Hi, 

Do you mean acne scarring?  Or active acne?

Acne scarring can be visually improved by removing inflammatory ingredients from your routine, chemically exfoliating regularly, protecting your skin with physical spf, hydrating and moisturizing daily and just getting your skin back to a healthy balance.  Babyfacial is a deep exfoliating peel that can be used on a daily basis.  It helps, but it cannot get rid of your scars.  There are procedures out there that can help, but they tend to be so expensive.  

If you're talking active acne, you should look at what you are currently using and perhaps there is something your skin doesn't agree with and cannot process.  The cause of acne is usually right in our routines!  Hope this helps! xxT

Anonymous Insider

Thank you so much !!!!

Anonymous Insider

acne scarring * about 5 spots. from time to time I get a little zit and it leaves a little mark.

Such a huge fan of your brand Tiffany! Seriously every product has helped with my daily skincare routine so much! How do you personally use the B hydra gel? Before and after any products in particular? xo

Hi,

Thank you so much.  I'm addicted to the B-Hydra and I think of it as a shot of hydration and vitamins for my skin.  When I apply my products, I'm thinking of them like ingredients in a smoothie...I add vitamins, hydration, moisture, acid, protein...etc.  I listen to the mood of my skin.  It's all customizable.  So, to answer your question, I use a shot of B-Hydra morning and night and all throughout the day.  

Hope that helps!  Oh, and mix everything together.  No need to layer or wait.  We are a silicone-free line so everything can be mixed in the palm of your hand!  xxT

Hi Tiffany, thanks for being here with us, I'm such a fan of your line!

Question - I have oily / combo skin and I've been using the B-Hydra Gel as my daily moisturizer because I like how light it feels but still keeps my skin moisturized. Would you recommend that I switch up my routine and maybe switch moisturizers when my skin gets dryer in the winter? 

Hi,

Thank you so much!  B-Hydra is pure, water-based hydration...not moisture.  There is a difference.  Dehydrated skin lacks water, dry skin lacks oil so you need both.  Add B-Hydra to your moisturizer every day.  Marula and/or Lala mixed with B  are both incredible.  I would make sure to use both hydration and moisture morning and night.  Your skin should stay healthy and happy.  xxT

I had no idea... this makes so much sense. Thanks!

69 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • 2017-09-06-community-livechat-banner-tiffany-masterson-US-CAN-HANDOFF.png
testing